Logging In

Found a problem?

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Angie

Logging In

Post by Angie »

This has been driving me crazy since we got to the US. When I log in to the site sometimes it highlights the new msgs and sometimes I have to just find them "manually"....or, if it highlights the new ones for me and I respond to one I go back to the main page to read more new msgs and they are not highlighted anymore....anyone else having a problem and could this just be something with my in-laws (Gulfport) computer connection or what? And sometimes I log in, but it doesn't log me in. It is not consistent though. Even if I log onto the site from Explorer instead of AOL it still gives me problems.

And...this is the really whiny part of my problem........I just realized that when i go to Covington today (until 11/1) that I will not have a computer to check the site!!!!!! Jerry - where is the closest computer to Tchefuncta? We are going to be on Mockingbird...maybe we can meet up for a walk and a play? Any playgrounds around aside from the one down by the river?
Angela Eddy Feemster

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

You're on AOL? That's one problem. AOL likes to route your connection through their 'fastest' routers. When they do this, your IP changes. When that happens, you lose your session on the server. Another problem could be that you don't have cookies enabled.
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

phil

Post by phil »

Yup, and AOL uses caching servers as well. Meaning they don't reconnect to the actual site everytime you click, just connect to their caching servers giving you what aol "thinks" is the latest data. If you are using the AOL dialup, it doesn't matter if you use IE or not, your still bound by the effects of the AOL network logic.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

I'll have a laptop that I can jump on to some elses wireless connection.

I know this is sad, but I think there is a hotspot down the road from your Grandparents. Last year I'd drive around Tchefuncta, trying to get a connection so I could email Sarah. Or Skype her, which was even better.

McDonalds have one also I think.
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

phil

Post by phil »

JerryFish wrote: Last year I'd drive around Tchefuncta, trying to get a connection
war driving in Tchefuncta. Sweet.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

phil wrote:
JerryFish wrote: Last year I'd drive around Tchefuncta, trying to get a connection
war driving in Tchefuncta. Sweet.
The little country town has grown up.
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

Angie

Post by Angie »

too funny! Things I never thought about doing in Tchefuncta....
Angela Eddy Feemster

Angie

Post by Angie »

Dan just hooked his parents' Linksys up....seems to be helping with the site or maybe it is just luck.
Angela Eddy Feemster

melindam

Post by melindam »

Hey guys! Try Starbucks in Target. They may have what you need. If not right down the street close to Flowers Estates is CC's coffee and PJ's Coffee. I know that both of them have one and best of all its free!

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

I'm currently at Shane's scamming off of him and keeping him from working. Should I upgrade the champagne for Saturday night to Dom or Crystal?
Jerry Cottrell

Will Rogers

melindam

Post by melindam »

Dom's good! Are we making Shane aware of this upgrade? :twisted:

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

No, he doesn't, but that's a need to know basis..... :twisted:
Jerry Cottrell

Will Rogers

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Angie, and of all places....Sonic on Tyler (by the hospital) has wireless. Pull in for a shake, and hop on the web!! Can't wait to see you!!!

melindam

Post by melindam »

It's so funny who has wireless now. I was getting my car washed and found out that Northpark car wash has it too. I believe Quizno's on 190 has it as well.