How to Quote

Found a problem?

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

How to Quote

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

I know you told Robin how to quote but for the life of me, I can't find where (I wonder why with all the posts!!).

Can you please tell me how to quote someone?

Also, just curious, is there a way to search the site for a particular word if I am trying to find where someone posted something? I can remember some of what the person said and most of the terms aren't common.

Thanks!
Brenda

shane

Re: How to Quote

Post by shane »

Brenda Robinson Jenkins wrote:I know you told Robin how to quote but for the life of me, I can't find where (I wonder why with all the posts!!).

Also, just curious, is there a way to search the site for a particular word if I am trying to find where someone posted something? I can remember some of what the person said and most of the terms aren't common.

Thanks!
There should be a "quote" button in the upper right corner of the post window, Brenda. Click that and the message you want to quote will appear in your response.
Shane
--
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
- Noel Coward

phil

Re: How to Quote

Post by phil »

Brenda Robinson Jenkins wrote:I know you told Robin how to quote but for the life of me, I can't find where (I wonder why with all the posts!!).

Thanks!
On the right hand side of the post is a "quote" button. Go to the post that you want to reply to, and click the quote button. When you look in the text box where you type your message, you'll see the original post. Just start your reply after the final {/quote}. (I'm changing the []'s to {}'s so it doesn't confuse the post parser...)

Anyway, you can get jiggy and trim the original post and stuff, just don't mess with the opening and closing {quote} and {/quote]

At the top of all pages in the header section, you should see the "Search" link. YOu can search for words in there.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Thanks Shane and Phil!
Brenda