HELP!

Found a problem?

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Robin

HELP!

Post by Robin »

I'm trying to load some scanned pictures and it seems nothing is happening after "loading" for several minutes.

phil

Post by phil »

Are they really big pictures and are you on a really slow connection? That could potentially take a while. A picture from a digital camera (or high resolution scan) could take up to 10 minutes to load on a dial-up modem connection.

Other than that, I'd:

1) restart your browser
2) Restart your computer
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

Robin

Post by Robin »

I have a cable connection, so I think I'll try restarting the computer. I hope it works - the first one will be one of you, Phil!

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

I think I have the filesize limit for uploads set at 2mb (even on a cable connection, that could take a couple of minutes to upload, as they give you good downstream, but slower up).
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

Robin

Post by Robin »

I think the Information box said "No post load information", but I could be off - people are rushing me to get out the door. Will check back soon......

Robin

Post by Robin »

OK, John, what it is saying is "No post mode specified". The files are 11.4 MB. Any suggestions?

phil

Post by phil »

jnichel wrote:I think I have the filesize limit for uploads set at 2mb

Robin, there's the problem. John has a max file size of 2MB. You say they are over 11MB each. Try using some graphic software to shrink them down.

phil

Robin

Post by Robin »

Good first step. Unfortunately, you're talking to someone who can email and Google and that's about it. I just tried to compress the file, but it only reduced to 7 MB.

phil

Post by phil »

Robin,
I've pm'd you. check it out..

phil

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Robin wrote:OK, John, what it is saying is "No post mode specified". The files are 11.4 MB. Any suggestions?
Yeah, shrink the images. :lol:

:?: Who knew she had one 11.4 :!: :P
-- Basil Fawlty

Angie

Post by Angie »

I don't have an error question....just what might be a dumb question....I know when we log in we can see all the new postings because they are orange, but what are the white postings that are jiggling around? The key says it means "No New Posts (Popular)"...what does that mean? I want to make sure I am not missing something.
Angela Eddy Feemster

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Angie wrote:I don't have an error question....just what might be a dumb question....I know when we log in we can see all the new postings because they are orange, but what are the white postings that are jiggling around? The key says it means "No New Posts (Popular)"...what does that mean? I want to make sure I am not missing something.
Once a topic reaches so many posts, the board tags it as a popular topic. I guess the writers of PHPBB figured that users couldn't figure out that said topic was popular if they didn't animate the image. :lol:
-- Basil Fawlty