Photo enlargement...

Found a problem?

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

JonBarton

Photo enlargement...

Post by JonBarton »

John, Thanks for hosting this site...When we view an image posted (by clicking on it) it blows it up perhaps too large, because a lot of the photos and scanning and stuff are low quality. Can you reduce the amount of zoom on those pictures that we click on, to full size or only slightly larger?

Jon

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

When you click on the picture, the board only opens the actual size of the image. It's not enlarging it....your browser may scale it down to fit into the browser window (I know this is a feature of Firefox), but will also give you the option of viewing it full size. Take this one for example:

http://chs86.nichel.net/download.php?id=295

The actual size of that image is greater than 3000px wide by 1500px tall. That's a pretty big image. 8)

I could scale them down, but doing this on the server end is not going to help the quality (more than likely hurt it). Best way to do this is to scan them in at a high resolution (300+ dpi), and scale them with your imaging software (PaintShop, PhotoShop, Gimp, etc) before uploading. Sorry I can't be any more help than that. :(
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

phil

Post by phil »

Jon,

Both firefox and IE make those pictures you posted look HORRIBLE when the auto shrink feature is enabled in the browser.

If you enlarge them to natural size, they look perty good.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

Maarten

Post by Maarten »

it'd would be best if uploaded photos are not larger than 800x600 pixels
Maarten