Julie Mathies

How do you pay the bills?

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Julie Mathies

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

How I pay the bills? Hmmm....online???

Just kidding!! I work for a local computer software company called Medtron Software Intelligence. They are based right here in good ole' Covington....one of the owners is Coach Salter's son, Rick. Medtron was my first "real" job after college, and I've stayed with them through the years (probably why I never left Covington!), except for a short 4-year stint working in accounting with Shondi! (And, for those of you who remember, YES, I worked part-time on-the-side for Hallmark for 7 years!) Jaime Lawrence Jenkins ('84) (Julie Lawrence's sister & Andy Jenkin's wife) owned the Hallmark store for a while during my time there.

Currently at Medtron, I'm one of the "voices" that clients hear when they call for software support, and I also a trainer (on the road a lot) and work with our sales guy doing sales presentations for potential clients. Our software is a Medical Management System for doctors & medical billing services. Medtron keeps me super busy, and is very stressful at times, but it's a great job. I guess you could say that makes me a computer nerd, too, but I really don't know sh--- about the techcial side of computers! Probably couldn't hook one up to save my life. (That's what we have a Tech Dept for!!)

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Are they looking for a Linux system admin? 8)
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Not sure, John, but I'll certainly check around and let you know!

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Julie Mathies wrote:Not sure, John, but I'll certainly check around and let you know!
I was just kidding ma'am. Not to mention the fact that Connor would never forgive me if I was to move him away from snow and Heather. 8)

I don't remember having or wanting a girlfriend at 6. :?
-- Basil Fawlty

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Yes, I wouldn't want to be responsible for that!! Definitely no snow here....only humidity!

I wasn't interested in boys at all at age 6....heck, I played with dolls til I was 12!! Boys were nasty....all of them had cooties!! hee hee I'm sure boys felt the same way about girls. Zachary has this little girl in his class that calls for him all the time, and sometimes after 9:30 at night! We're usually up anyway, but most elementary school kids are in bed at that time. I was NEVER even allowed to call boys. (Though we would always sneak & do it...probably what this little girls does!) I had much older sisters, so we always had our own phone line....easy to get away with.

Now kids have cell phones.....scary.

Julie Mathies

Here's me at work....

Post by Julie Mathies »

Here's me at work a while back.....I still pretty much look the same.
Attachments
Julie at work.....
Julie at work.....

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

You look too happy to be at work. :lol:

From the moment I set foot in this building, I have a scowl on my face.
-- Basil Fawlty

Charlotte Massey Maggard

Post by Charlotte Massey Maggard »

Julie - you have NOT aged a bit. What's your secret? Willing to share? :)
Charlotte "Charlie" Massey Maggard

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Don't really have a secret....I think I just "photo" well......if you see me up close, you'll notice the wrinkles that have started to appear, and I'd be totally gray if I didn't color my hair! I loved Angie's story about the picture her child drew and gave her lots of wrinkles! Leave it to a child to be so brutally honest! (Though I think Angie looks great!) Zachary (my son) told his friend that I was 38, and he said 'Gosh that's old! But not as old as my grandma." I asked him how old his grandma is, and he said 98! Now what kind of comparison is that!! I've seen this kid's grandma, and she looks just like a California Raisin......Needless to say, I went right out and bought some "firming fluid" and use it every day! And, it works really great.....an Aveda product, kind-of expensive, but it really works.

I think having my hair long keeps me looking younger, too. My hair was still short for the 10-year reunion, and I feel like I look younger now than I did then!

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

She's great. She's a pharmacist for Walgreens, and lives in Lafayette. She's married and has 2 boys. I'll have to tell her you asked about her, and see who her "friend" was. I'll try to post a picture of her & her family. I know alot of people knew Cathy, and lots of people thought for many years that we were twins. We were always very close.

Angie

Post by Angie »

Wasn't Cathy's friend, Phyllis Jenkins?
Angela Eddy Feemster

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Sean, I talked to Cathy. She said she remembers you from French class, and thought you were talking about Jennifer King. But when I read your post that her "mom works for the paper" I realized you were talking about Shannon Stroup. Ring any bells?? Oh, and Cathy said to tell you hi.