Just wondering

How do you pay the bills?

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Connie

Just wondering

Post by Connie »

Did anybody happen to notice how successful we all have been? We represent business, government, education, military, and technology fields, just to name a few. Somehow we did all this after we supposedly attended the worst public schools in the nation. How did that happen? :shock:
Connie (Doolin) Castillo

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

I don't know where CHS was ranked when we went to school there, but the St. Tammany Parish school system is pretty good now; especially for the state it's in. I think it's more than that though. Having a mother in the school system for 20+ years, and having to put my kids in schools in three different states, I've noticed that schools like CHS tend to do fairly well. I think it's more a refelection on the surrounding community than the school system. In the Covington area, you have a lot of middle to upper class, family orientated people. Sure, there were the few kids there who didn't give a damn, but most of us would have gotten our clocks cleaned by our parents if we didn't take school seriously. ;)
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

Connie

Post by Connie »

Thank you! I have had my doubts for so time now about all these national polls that put Southern (and Texan) schools at the bottom of the barrel. But you are right, it does all come down to family.
Connie (Doolin) Castillo