The Illenberger clan

Our spouses. Our kids.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

illenbergerj

The Illenberger clan

Post by illenbergerj »

No kids and no spouse...will a boyfriend and the rest of the Illenbergers still be okay? I was just back in Colorado for a "get together".
Attachments
My three other sisters
My three other sisters
All but one brother...
All but one brother...
All but a brother and his family and my older sister...baby wouldn't cooperate for the camera...:)
All but a brother and his family and my older sister...baby wouldn't cooperate for the camera...:)
Tim in the Louvre.jpg

Robin

Post by Robin »

Awesome pics of you and your sisters, Jan. Thanks for sharing. Really glad you and Tiffany will be in LA. The party atmosphere is growing.......

illenbergerj

Post by illenbergerj »

Thanks, we don't all get together often, so there's pictures pictures pictures.

I'm looking forward to the trip...well not the trip, but once I arrive. Tiffany and her daughter are going to share my hotel room at the Marriott with me. It should be a lot of fun.

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

Great pics Jan!!

Christy McLain Biggers

Post by Christy McLain Biggers »

Jan

Thanks for the welcome. Now that I've started, I just can't stop. I was almost late to pick up the kids today.

Christy

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Love the pcitures Jan - I never realized yrou family was that big!
Brenda

Charlotte Massey Maggard

Post by Charlotte Massey Maggard »

Jan you and your sisters definately resemble each other. Big family, are you originally from Colorado?
So glad you are able to come to the reunion - I feel for you about the distance you have to travel BUT it will be worth it once you are here. 8)
Charlotte "Charlie" Massey Maggard

illenbergerj

Post by illenbergerj »

That's not even all of us. My oldest brother lives in Thailand with his wife and son. There are 11 grandchildren in the family now ranging from 19-2yrs old.

I'm not originally from anywhere in particular, I moved a lot growing up. Everywhere from Arizona, Pennysvania, New York, Colorado, California, Texas, South Carolina, Nevada and of course Louisiana. Most of the family lives in Colorado these days, and I suspect I will end up somewhere out there eventually. It's really beautiful country and generally the IT industry is fairly healthy there. We're not in any hurry though, plan on being in Europe a few more years.
Jan Illenberger

illenbergerj

Newest Addition to the Clan...

Post by illenbergerj »

When you don't have children of your own, you get to dote on everyone else's. :) Here is a picture of the latest addition to our family. This is my older sister's 15 month old angel, his name is Michael. He like kisses. :-*
Attachments
PuckerUp.jpg
Jan Illenberger

Angie

Post by Angie »

What a cutie! I bet he gets lots of kisses back, too!

Jan, looks like we might be moving to Stuttgart in July. Dan would be helping stand up AFRICOM. Nothing is final yet though.
Angela Eddy Feemster

illenbergerj

moving...

Post by illenbergerj »

Stuttgart is a nice area, one of the "richer" German cities. We have friends who work down there. You'll have to keep in touch and let us know if you make definate plans to move. :)
Jan Illenberger

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Absolutely adorable. I'm with Angie - bet there is no shortage of people giving him smooches.

I had the pucker up face going on for most of my bachelorette party pictures - have no idea why? :? And I didn't look near as cute as your nephew!
Brenda

illenbergerj

Father passed away

Post by illenbergerj »

Sad to say my father passed away Dec 2nd. It was quite sudden, no one suspected anything. He passed in his sleep of a heartattack, he would've been 79 in Feb. Everyone returned to Colorado for the funeral, all quite emotional. Been home several times since visiting my Mom and the rest of the family in the area. I was very fortunate to have visited just a month and a half prior to his death. Spent several hours outside helping him build his shed. I feel blessed we had the time to share.
Jan Illenberger

Angie

Post by Angie »

Jan - sorry to hear about your dad. Glad you got to spend time with him before he passed away.....I lost my mom suddenly and it can feel like the ground has been ripped out from under you. Each holiday seemed to bring new grief, but it gets easier.
Angela Eddy Feemster

dennis

sorry

Post by dennis »

Sorry to hear about your dad Jan. I am going through a rough time with mine . I have been getting him on Sat. so I can give my mom a break He is driving her crazy. He does not sit still not even for a moment ..until he just wears out. It is hard to watch your dad just shut down like that I am worried about my moms health now....dad is healthier than I am . Just mentally he is gone.