Eddie Ecker

Our spouses. Our kids.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

shane

Eddie Ecker

Post by shane »

Thought I'd create a new topic.

From Carrolton Station Foundation's site, referring to a Dash Rip Rock song (you'll find it at http://www.carrolltonstationfoundation. ... _alive.htm
Angel Alive - This song was originally written with Glenn Tilbrook's voice in mind. We recorded a CD with him in Nashville 2 years ago and I wanted him to sing it with me - sort of ripping on what he did with "Tempted" and Squeeze. Instead I got a local gospel singer Fred Francis to sing it - he's a family friend and tours with several well-known gospel groups. He also works the nightshift at a nursing home caring for invalids - so he's an angel alive, of sorts. The second verse was written after Katrina - "The rains fall and troubles flood, rushing over you too fast."

After Katrina, Mike Mayeux, family and band moved up to Nashville. They were receiving so much help and care that I based the second verse on what I saw as an extraordinary out-pouring of human kindness - "I'll hold you 'til it's past." Mike recorded the song on gear he'd rescued from his house in Arabi. Eddie Ecker on drums also lost his house. Some people believe angels help us from up above - it's the flesh and blood angels that really make a difference.
Shane

shane

Post by shane »

One more. I'd been wondering about Eddie since Katrina, but this is the first time I looked seriously. Good thing he knows so many people.

http://www.dashriprock.net/muckraker.html
FROM SEPT. 2005:

Unfortunately, we're in the middle of trying to sort out the remnants of our band. Leon Touzet is home now and has to run his family businesses in The French Quarter everyday because the bitch storm ran away his employees. Brian Broussard is living in Poplarville, MS at his families vacation home clearing the destuction that Katrina left there. His truck fell victim to an errant pine tree. Eddie Ecker filled in on drums in September and October. He is living in St. Louis and lost his entire house, his drums his truck and all his personal belongings. FEMA bought him a new drum kit. Kyle Melancon is back in Metairie repairing is flood damaged house. Jody Smith and Settly both live in New York City now because they lost everything in NOLA. We're gonna have Mike Ogden formerly of the New Orleans band Nut sitting in on drums for us on New Years Eve at Sluggo's. He also lost his house and everything in it on the lake front in Mandeville. We're just glad everybody is ok and we plan on touring our asses off this summer and put out a new album when everybody gets their life back together.
And I just found what he's doing now. Pretty good band. http://www.beatinpath.com

Shane

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

I grew up with Eddie, sort of....Went to St Peter's with him for one year and I left for Madisonville. He stayed at St. Peter's to deal with the wrath of my mom teaching him....And you guys thought Mrs. Mitchell was bad.....Lovely mom, but old school teacher. The stories he told me.....

For those that don't know him. He graduated St Paul's the year before us, but hung around with the likes of Sean, Shane and I, from CHS, plus a few others. Very talanted musically (as you can see) and on crazy S.O.B.
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

I remember Eddie. It must be through all those crazy parties at Shane's house.

shane

Post by shane »

Up until about 5 years ago, I still ran into people who knew me ONLY from those days, particularly the huge party I had for my 17th birthday. :roll:

Shane

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

I don't remember you throwing a 17th year birthday party, but I'm sure Crombie doesn't either.
Jerry Cottrell

Will Rogers

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

shane wrote:Up until about 5 years ago, I still ran into people who knew me ONLY from those days, particularly the huge party I had for my 17th birthday. :roll:

Shane
You had a 17th birthday party?? Was I invited?? 8)

Of course, how could you forget me when my b-day is just 3 days after yours??? Hmmmm....... :evil:

:P :P :P

shane

Post by shane »

Tiffany wrote:
shane wrote:Up until about 5 years ago, I still ran into people who knew me ONLY from those days, particularly the huge party I had for my 17th birthday. :roll:

Shane
You had a 17th birthday party?? Was I invited?? 8)

Of course, how could you forget me when my b-day is just 3 days after yours??? Hmmmm....... :evil:

:P :P :P
Honestly, everyone in the New Orleans metropolitan area was invited. We had people from Tangipahoa, Jefferson, Orleans there. We estimated around 200 people came through my backyard that night.

If you weren't there, it wasn't my fault. :? :lol:

Shane

Angie

Post by Angie »

Who is Eddie Ecker????? Sounds familiar.....we had Eckers on our school bus...were they twins? They had an older brother who got his front teeth knocked out once.....they went to St. Peter's....which one is Eddie? Or am I just making this up? Did they graduate with us?
Angela Eddy Feemster

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Yes, I think he had younger brothers that were twins....He was the older brother.... and they went to St. Pete's.
Jerry Cottrell

Will Rogers

shane

Post by shane »

Angie wrote:Who is Eddie Ecker????? Sounds familiar.....we had Eckers on our school bus...were they twins? They had an older brother who got his front teeth knocked out once.....they went to St. Peter's....which one is Eddie? Or am I just making this up? Did they graduate with us?
Sean could answer that

Shane
Attachments
eddie ecker
eddie ecker
Shane
--
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
- Noel Coward

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

You have a St. Paul's yearbook, too?

I think we should invite Eddie.
Jerry Cottrell

Will Rogers

shane

Post by shane »

JerryFish wrote:You have a St. Paul's yearbook, too?

I think we should invite Eddie.
No, I got that picture from him in 86; its in my memories book.
Shane
--
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
- Noel Coward

teri

Post by teri »

Eddie and I attended school together (I think with Sean, as well) at St. Peter's. My dad was his band director at St. Paul's. Does anyone have his email?

Angie

Post by Angie »

ok - no, that guy is not the guy I am thinking of who got his teeth knocked out....I recall the face.
Angela Eddy Feemster