Artic Circle "North Pole"

Our spouses. Our kids.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

JerryFish

Artic Circle "North Pole"

Post by JerryFish »

Colin was able to meet the "real" Santa Clause in the North Pole last Christmas. Lapland actually (Finland). It was daylight for about 3 hours. He had a great time. Allthough he was speechless when he met Santa......
Attachments
Speechless
Speechless
Santa trip 05 028.jpg
Reindeer
Reindeer
The Easter Bunnny's winter job.
The Easter Bunnny's winter job.
Ice Bar
Ice Bar
Ice Bar
Ice Bar
Ice Bar....He licked everything.
Ice Bar....He licked everything.
Husky ride.
Husky ride.
It was below zero.....
It was below zero.....
Last edited by JerryFish on Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

Angie

Post by Angie »

Oh my goodness! Lapland/Ice Hotel is my dream vacation!!! I am so envious! If we move to Belgum we are there! I was talking with friends about it last night and 1 of them said there really is a great big old book with kids names in it. Did you sleep in the Ice Hotel on the bed of ice? Did you drink vodka in ice glasses? I had no idea the Easter Bunny had a winter job. Good for him!
Angela Eddy Feemster

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

I was back in La. at the time helping with the recovery. Sarah decided to take Colin right before Christmas for the day. They got up real early and flew over. They spent 12 hours there and flew back. So sorry, no ice beds. Colin wants to take me back this year. He said I would enjoy it. I wouldn't mind going for three days. Especially for the vodka shots......
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

ccoopermetz

Post by ccoopermetz »

oh my goodness jade is soooo jealous that colin got to meet the real santa. she will have a ton of questions for him at the picnic i'm sure!!! she was just asking me this weekend why santa lived in the north pole and i told her that it was because no one can visit the north pole = if kids could visit Santa he'd never get his work done! and lo and behold we have a kid who has visited santa!! oh my!!!
if you meet the tooth fairy, give me a heads up okay! haha

Charlotte Massey Maggard

Post by Charlotte Massey Maggard »

That place looks so cool (No pun intended). What a magical place to be able to take your children and what an adventure to meet the actual real Santa, every kids dream. I bet Colin was extra good before Christmas last year, huh?
Charlotte "Charlie" Massey Maggard

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

What beautiful pictures Jerry. That must have been a trip of a lifetime for him. :)

Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Looks like a fun trip Jerry and I love those pics. Must have been a COOL experience 8)
Maarten