Jon Barton--My Boys

Our spouses. Our kids.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

JonBarton

Jon Barton--My Boys

Post by JonBarton »

Meet Jackie My wife, Jon-Jay-9, Calvin-5, Grant-2.
Attachments
White Christmas in Boone, NC.
White Christmas in Boone, NC.
Jon-Jay and Cal Barton
Jon-Jay and Cal Barton
december-05 055.jpg
december-05 059.jpg

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

John,

Didn't know you when you were that age, but Angie is right, they do look like little versions of you.

JonBarton

I've heard that before...

Post by JonBarton »

Thanks Jerry & Angie. I love to hear that, and as you can imagine, I hear it often. They all have their mom's cute little slightly turned up nose. Jackie gets bummed because when we are out togther, people usually say they look like me instead of her, but when she is out alone with them she gets it some too.

Tonia Delhommer Taylor

Post by Tonia Delhommer Taylor »

John, how are you doing? Your family is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to see you at the reunion.

Hey I understand you posted some pictures of Sam and I. Where are they located?

See you soon!!

Tonia :)

JonBarton

your pics...

Post by JonBarton »

Tonia, great to hear from you. I too am excited about seeing you and Sam, and the rest of the gang. The pics are in:

CHS Class of 86 Forum Index -> In The High School Halls -> I raided my scrapbook....

Robin

Post by Robin »

BEAUTIFUL family, Jon. Will they all be coming to the reunion?

JonBarton

Post by JonBarton »

Thanks Robin. Just Jackie and I are coming. We're ditching the boys with Grandma. I have mixed feelings about not bringing them, but Jackie doesn't get enough breaks from them, (especially as we home-school), and it's our anniversary (11th) too.--JB

Robin

Post by Robin »

I have mixed feelings about leaving the girls as well and we haven't yet decided 100%, but we're leaning that way. Kudos to Jackie for homeschooling - according to the stats and the ones I know, they're better educated and well-mannnered. Arden (my 10 year old) made it to a state level art history competition in the spring and out of 30, mostly private school kids, she came in 3rd - behind two homeschooled kids.

Charlotte Massey Maggard

Post by Charlotte Massey Maggard »

Kudos to anyone who home schools. I personally have never attempted it but I hear there is a larger criteria for the children that are home schooled than that go to school. Is this true?
Example Beth and her sister-in-law home school, her sister-in-law's daughter is in the 8th grade (I believe) and she is teaching her Algebra 1 and Geometry...in the 8th grade. I have to say, I remember some of what I learned in school - but do not think I would have the patience or the knowledge to home school.
Charlotte "Charlie" Massey Maggard

JonBarton

Post by JonBarton »

Jackie has a BA in Elementary Ed. and about half of a Masters in Ed. and 8 years of public school teaching in GA and NC, behind her, so she's clearly well qualified. (not that you need all of that to be qualified). Her best qualification is her love for our children that drives her and with that, Any mom could do it. There is a lot of self-sacrifice for the teacher, dat's fo' shu :!: Once we get into Higher Math, and more advanced study, we may go for a different option, (co-ops, private, tutors, who knows?). We're taking it one year at a time.

teri

Post by teri »

Hi, Jon! Don't know if you remember me. Fellow Atlanta-based LSU football fans! Dave (husband) gets his "fix" once a year by heading out with the guys (some of his old pals from St. Paul's) to one of the away games. This year, it was Auburn.

We have an LSU football tag on our minivan. It is really amazing how many people have seen that and assumed in the past year we have "relocated" to Atlanta, due to the storm (when, in fact, we've been here for ten years)!

My hat is off to Jackie. She must be a very, very patient person. Just couldn't homeschool. Juggling dinner and homework is about as far as I can take it...and my daughter is only in kindergarten! Your family is too, too beautiful, Jon!

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Hey Jon - I remember you. Your family is adorable. I agree with Teri -hat's off to your wife. While I love my children with all my heart, I can barely make it through homework with them. I just don't have the patience. I think it takes a very special person to homeschool - and to copy Teri again, Hat's off to your wife.

Look forward to seeing you at the reunion.
Brenda