Who's Coming

Who's coming?

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

melindam

Post by melindam »

shane wrote:
melindam wrote:Is the list even longer now? I see that was posted on the 15th.
My fault. I updated it earlier today. Sorry; I'll go fix that.

Totally forgiven!! It's not like you haven't done enough already! We really appreciate it Shane. I'm counting down now. I was telling Jerry that we are leaving on the 1st of November for a vacation to Puerto Vallarta without our kids and I think I'm more excited about the reunion!

tlsmith

Post by tlsmith »

Hey, I am Todd Smith's wife, Nicole. I have been watching this site and I feel like I know you guys. I know what you mean about staying up late, all hours. This has been fun! You guys are great. He is on call that weekend for work, so I think the only thing we might be able to go to will be the picnic, as we can make a quick getaway, if neccesary. He posted a few other things, but didn't get many replies. I don't know if anybody remembers him, but he is in the group track picture, and he was a "ditch person". This has been alot of fun for me, as my school(East Jefferson) is not having a 20 year reunion. I have been glued to this site, that's why I am the one posting. sorry for the long post :D

Tim Cox

Post by Tim Cox »

Shane,

I just registered on the site, whoever is responsible, Outstanding! I am planning on attending but may not be able to due to a school out of state. It is a work related course I have been trying to get in for 2 years. But I am working on it.
Many may not remember me, I was at Covington High 84-86 and moved back to Baton Rouge a few months before graduation. I have alot of great memories of Covington. Great reading about everyone and how ya'll are doing. It's amazing knowing someone in high school and then 20 years later learning what they are doing now. I will post pictures of my family on the site soon.....I make some pretty babies !
I hope you get this message and I put it in the the correct forum. Let me know the details of the reunion so I can make arrangements.
"Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it." - Dwight Eisenhower

shane

Post by shane »

Tim Cox wrote:Shane,

I just registered on the site, whoever is responsible, Outstanding! I am planning on attending but may not be able to due to a school out of state. It is a work related course I have been trying to get in for 2 years. But I am working on it.
Many may not remember me, I was at Covington High 84-86 and moved back to Baton Rouge a few months before graduation. I have alot of great memories of Covington. Great reading about everyone and how ya'll are doing. It's amazing knowing someone in high school and then 20 years later learning what they are doing now. I will post pictures of my family on the site soon.....I make some pretty babies !
I hope you get this message and I put it in the the correct forum. Let me know the details of the reunion so I can make arrangements.
Great to hear from you, Tim! Here's the weekend in a nutshell:

Quick rundown of the events scheduled for Oct 27 - 29, 2006:

Friday, Oct 27: Covington High v. St Paul's Football game @ CHS. We'll have a hosptiality tent set up outside the gate to meet up. If you're planning on coming to the game, please let me know ASAP so we can find out more about tickets. Afterward, if you're looking for something else to do, there's a block party in downtown Covington.

Saturday, Oct 28: cocktail party 8pm - 11pm at Tchefuncta Country Club. Tickets are $60/person in advance, $75/person after October 15. Open bar, music, food and an all-around good time.

Sunday, Oct 29: picnic at Hubie Gallagher Park in Covington (bounded by W 15th and W 16th Ave and S Pierce and S Filmore St; look for the water tower), 11am - until you go home. It's BYO picnic supplies and families. We'll have a volleyball net (and ball).

If you can't make the entire weekend, please try to come to at least one of the events. We'd all love to see you and catch up.

Best of luck with that school; let us know what happens if you can't make it next weekend.
Shane
--
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
- Noel Coward

Robin

Post by Robin »

tlsmith wrote:Hey, I am Todd Smith's wife, Nicole. I have been watching this site and I feel like I know you guys. I know what you mean about staying up late, all hours. This has been fun! You guys are great. He is on call that weekend for work, so I think the only thing we might be able to go to will be the picnic, as we can make a quick getaway, if neccesary. He posted a few other things, but didn't get many replies. I don't know if anybody remembers him, but he is in the group track picture, and he was a "ditch person". This has been alot of fun for me, as my school(East Jefferson) is not having a 20 year reunion. I have been glued to this site, that's why I am the one posting. sorry for the long post :D
Hey, Nicole! Welcome to the party!!

tlsmith

Post by tlsmith »

Thanks a bunch. As I said, I don't know you guys personally, but after this, I feel as I do.Todds sister was Michelle Miller and he grew up in Lake Ramsey. The only thing is, we have a future Bulldog now (Fontainebleau High) and feel like somewhat of a traitor at those games!Ha! I really hope we can make something on that weekend.

shane

Post by shane »

tlsmith wrote:Thanks a bunch. As I said, I don't know you guys personally, but after this, I feel as I do.Todds sister was Michelle Miller and he grew up in Lake Ramsey. The only thing is, we have a future Bulldog now (Fontainebleau High) and feel like somewhat of a traitor at those games!Ha! I really hope we can make something on that weekend.
Hope ya'll can, too, Nicole. It would be nice to see Todd again and meet you.

Speaking of Michelle, what's she up to? I don't think we've heard anything.

Thanks for joining us! Hope to see you and Todd at some point next weekend.
Shane
--
- Noel Coward

tlsmith

Post by tlsmith »

The last we heard, she was living in California. She had joined the NAvy, and was in for quite some time. She had also been married a few times. The last time we saw her was at her grandfathers funeral a few years ago. I hope its ok that I am here instead of Todd. He works so much, and I have no life. Besides this has been so much fun. Thanks!

shane

Post by shane »

tlsmith wrote:The last we heard, she was living in California. She had joined the NAvy, and was in for quite some time. She had also been married a few times. The last time we saw her was at her grandfathers funeral a few years ago. I hope its ok that I am here instead of Todd. He works so much, and I have no life. Besides this has been so much fun. Thanks!
Absolutely; happy to have you here. Enjoy yourself.

Thanks for the update on Michelle. I wish it were easier to keep up and track down everyone so we could at least get them to the board.

Thanks again.
Shane
--
- Noel Coward

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Shane - heard anything from Shondi Harp Mulkey? Is she coming? I just realized as I was trying to find more dance pictures that I hadn't heard her name mentioned.
Brenda

shane

Post by shane »

Brenda Robinson Jenkins wrote:Shane - heard anything from Shondi Harp Mulkey? Is she coming? I just realized as I was trying to find more dance pictures that I hadn't heard her name mentioned.
I know she knows. I haven't heard anything from her personally one way or the other, although I want to say someone said they saw her and she said they'd be there. Could I be any more vague??
Shane
--
- Noel Coward

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Good - I hope she makes it. Scott graduated with James and they were the 1984 20 yeard reunion. Couldn't imagine a reunion wihtout her.

Glad to see that Grant and Laurice are coming. What about Leslie and Vicki? I didn't see them on the list.
Brenda

shane

Post by shane »

Brenda Robinson Jenkins wrote:Good - I hope she makes it. Scott graduated with James and they were the 1984 20 yeard reunion. Couldn't imagine a reunion wihtout her.

Glad to see that Grant and Laurice are coming. What about Leslie and Vicki? I didn't see them on the list.
I'm sure Leslie and David will be there. It's impossible to pin Leslie down on anything, but I should just go ahead and add them to the list.

Don't know about Vicki and Skip. My guess would be yes, but I don't know for sure.
Shane
--
- Noel Coward

fwaites

Post by fwaites »

well count me and my husband in for the Class of 85, along with Kim and Stacey Warrren are attending.

shane

Post by shane »

fwaites wrote:well count me and my husband in for the Class of 85, along with Kim and Stacey Warrren are attending.
Wonderful, Faith! We're very happy to have you there. These people will get to you, won't they?
Shane
--
- Noel Coward