Doubt I'll make it

Who's coming?

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

phil

Doubt I'll make it

Post by phil »

But you never know. I'm in VA, so I don't get down much.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

We're going to try. We haven't been to see my wife's family in a couple of years, so I'm going to have to think of a clever way to get another trip down to Louisiana before we go to Canada again. ;)
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

Maarten

Post by Maarten »

I'm 99% sure about coming over and will book my flight as soon as the date is set. It's been 13 years since I visited Louisiana and this is a very good opportunity. Really looking forward to it although I do not know all of you.

mark

Hey Maarteen

Post by mark »

It's Mark Leach. I think we ran track together. I did the mile and 2 mile. I think you were 400/800. Hope all is well.
Mark J Leach

Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Hey Mark,

I remember very well, you were fast :-)
Had a great time on the track with coach Smith, you, Tim Rogers, John Gazzo, David Ayolo, Dustin Butscher and many more.

Yes all is fine with me. Read that you are living in Covington with your family and are active in the computer business. How is life around there after the hurricane?

mark

Life better than expected

Post by mark »

It was tough seeing Covington the first time. I returned after 1 week to begin work. It was like a gigantic tornado had hit. Trees down everywhere. We were fortunate though...no damage to our house. It is still messy around here but things have progressed quite well. Business is down a bit but better than I expected. I'm using the downtime to catch up on some certifications.

The Northshore (including Covington) is bouncing back pretty quickly but Orleans is a different story. Until the levee issues are settled, many folks won't rebuild so our city has only 1/3rd of the population back. Some dutch gentleman are consulting with us on how to rebuild our flood control the right way but it is going to be a question of funding. Hopefully our federal government will come through. Otherwise New Orleans will be a smaller city. We are counting our blessings though.

Great to hear some of the names from our track days. I've lost touch with all those guys. I did see Dustin at his wedding around 5 years ago and he is still in the area and I think Tim is as well. Allen Buras was at Tim's wedding. You may remember him. He is doing quite well as a river boat captain. David Ayolo moved to Washingon State after graduating from Tulane.
Mark J Leach

Maarten

Post by Maarten »

I can imagine it must have been a shock. I don't have a clue what it looks like there now but it's good that progress is being made.
I've heard about the dutch consultants too and also that the mayor of NO and members of Congress / Senate will visit the Netherlands in Spring. The federal government should provide the funding although it will be very expensive.

Yes I forgot to mention Allen Buras. I think it was John Gazzo who told me he was working on a ship. This was in 1994 though when I visited John in Boulder, Colorado. I've lost contact with him after that.

jdesmond

Post by jdesmond »

I am looking fprward to seeing everybody. please email me more info @desmond2433@bellsouth.net or desmond2433 2yahoo.com.
Joey Desmond

Angie

Post by Angie »

Hi Joey - I remember you! You were such a nice guy.
Angela Eddy Feemster

jdesmond

Post by jdesmond »

Hi ! Angie, how are you doing i hope fine, i hope to see you at the reunion. Have a nice day!
Joey Desmond