Teachers

When, Where & What

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

dennis

teach

Post by dennis »

Mr Byrd lives right next to Al Rusich in Abita. I will see if he is up to it but I beleive he does not want any part of us or any student I talked to him a while back and In my opinion he is pretty much burnt out on all of this school stuff

shane

Re: teach

Post by shane »

dennis wrote:Mr Byrd lives right next to Al Rusich in Abita. I will see if he is up to it but I beleive he does not want any part of us or any student I talked to him a while back and In my opinion he is pretty much burnt out on all of this school stuff
I saw him several years ago when I was still in undergrad school, thinking I'd be a teacher. I told him what I wanted to do and he looked at me like I was nuts, but once I told him I knew I wouldn't make any money doing it, he was very encouraging. But I could tell over the course of our conversation that he was burned out. Teaching is such an important profession, but it takes its toll on those who pursue it.

BTW, Jerry, I just signed up for the substitute teacher program in St Tammany. I'm thinking about getting back in again. I must be crazy.
Shane
--
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
- Noel Coward

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Yeah, you're crazy, but I don't think there is anyone I would trust with my child more then you. Sounds great. Now you just have to learn something to teach..... :D
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

melindam

Post by melindam »

I did that for a while Shane. It was o.k. I had alot more respect for teachers after doing that though. Let me know if you sub at Fontainebleau High. I have a son there in 9th grade.

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

There she goes trying to give the teacher an apple....... :D
Jerry Cottrell

Will Rogers

melindam

Post by melindam »

No just a warning. I live with my kid! I wouldn't want to teach him though!

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

My mom taught at St. Peter's...I went there one year.....Then moved to Madisonville Jr High School....No way was I gonna let her teach me.....
Jerry Cottrell

Will Rogers

melindam

Post by melindam »

I bet she did teach you a thing or two though!

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Yea...Never to laugh at her when she's mad and has a broom in her hand.....

Couldn't ask for a better mother, though.
Jerry Cottrell

Will Rogers

shane

Post by shane »

JerryFish wrote:Yeah, you're crazy, but I don't think there is anyone I would trust with my child more then you. Sounds great. Now you just have to learn something to teach..... :D
:oops:

:evil:

Ah thnk ah'll tech englsh an' spelin', jerr. Thin, ah'll strt da poisin' ther mines wit all ma librul iders. Vive la revolution! :twisted:

Seriously, though, I'm looking at elementary school, primarily. Those teenagers scare me :shock: . Still recovering from the 8th - 9th Graders I had at Madisonville Jr High :wink: . I like it, I'll look at the alternativer certification program at SLU (yes, yet ANOTHER degree from SLU, they're gonna love me).
Shane
--
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
- Noel Coward

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Loved Mr. Byrd, Mr. Sedatol and Mr. Traylor. Everyday I walked into Traylor's Chemistry class, he would say "What's up brrrr?" and act like he was shivering. (due to my initials BR)
Brenda

Jennifer Boesch Stanley

Post by Jennifer Boesch Stanley »

How do you guys remember so much about the teachers? High school seems like such a blur. I know I was there!!!

Robin

Post by Robin »

Girl, I know what you mean. :?

Tonia Delhommer Taylor

Post by Tonia Delhommer Taylor »

Jan, Coach Loup? Both you and I loved him and I see him quite often. He actually was running for some office position with the School Board. I have a picture of him. In fact, I am sending Shane some pictures right now.

Mr. Fielding bored me to death. I had Mrs. Wolfe and she was tough cookie. Denis Nickens and Lorice Rica was in that class with me. Mr. Sedatol (I guess that's right) use to pick on me all the time (in fun). I liked Mr. Byrd and I actually see him from time to time also. We use to see Coach Holland in Wal-mart but we haven't seen him lately. He's married and I don't think they have children. Coach Smith is at FHS doing his football thing. Darren Fisher is doing something with FHS football also. Amazing, huh...

T

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Anybody remember being beamed by Mr. Sedatol with a piece of chalk or the eraser if you were talking or not paying attention in his class?!! :lol:
Brenda