Teachers

When, Where & What

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Charlotte Massey Maggard

Teachers

Post by Charlotte Massey Maggard »

Does anyone know if any of the teachers will be joining us at the reunion?
Charlotte "Charlie" Massey Maggard

melindam

Post by melindam »

I'd like to know too! Although there are only a couple I would really like to see.

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

As far as I know, we didn't extend any invites to the teachers because we did that for the 10-year reunion, but no one showed. Shane, want to comment? I can get a quick invitation to Coach Salter (I work for his son) if need be, but I believe his wife has been ill, so not sure that he'll make it.

shane

Post by shane »

Julie Mathies wrote:As far as I know, we didn't extend any invites to the teachers because we did that for the 10-year reunion, but no one showed. Shane, want to comment? I can get a quick invitation to Coach Salter (I work for his son) if need be, but I believe his wife has been ill, so not sure that he'll make it.
I've never minded if they're invited. I just wasn't going to go out of my way to invite any because we did make an effort 10 years ago and none showed. Figure it would be harder to find them and they'd be less likely to come.

Sheri said she saw Ms. Wolfe while she was campaigning and told her about it. Wolfe said something like "Oh that's sweet honey, but I get invited to those things all the time and I never go."

If you know them, invite them. Like I've said about other classes that have expressed interest in coming, we won't turn anyone away at the door. And, yes, teachers can come for free; least we can do for the crap we put them through on a daily basis.
Shane
--
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
- Noel Coward

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

Mrs. Wolfe would probably be the last one that I would want to see again anyway! LOL

shane

Post by shane »

Tiffany wrote:Mrs. Wolfe would probably be the last one that I would want to see again anyway! LOL
I couldn't agree more, Tiffany. Sheri had to apologize before she told me that story :lol:
Shane
--
- Noel Coward

Tonia Delhommer Taylor

Post by Tonia Delhommer Taylor »

I have some pictures of a few teachers that I am sending to Shane for the website. I took them the last week we were in school before graduation.

Be on the look out.

Tonia

illenbergerj

Post by illenbergerj »

I don't know how you guys remember the names of our teachers...who was our science teacher Tonia? Coach who?
Jan Illenberger

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Jan, it was probably either Coach Bourgois or Coach Smith, if you didn't have Mr. Traylor.

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Mr. Traylor, another good teacher. I remember Mr. Byrds class, and the infamous Current Events Challange.....

MADD..... :lol:
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

melindam

Post by melindam »

Please let Mrs. Wolfe stay home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would only be interested in seeing Mr Naquin, Mr. Sedtal and Mr. Cutrer. Maybe Coach what's his name in science.(isn't that horrible!) Oh, I ran into Mr. Fielding the other day. I swear that man doesn't look any older than he did 20 years ago. He's working at his nephews funeral home now.

shane

Post by shane »

JerryFish wrote:Mr. Traylor, another good teacher. I remember Mr. Byrds class, and the infamous Current Events Challange.....

MADD..... :lol:
Oh man I LOVED Current Events Challenge. Best day ever: Mr Byrd asked Josette Toomer a question, Chris Lowrie tried to help her answer it; remember that one, Jerry?
Shane
--
- Noel Coward

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Melinda, you are right! Mr Fielding looks EXACTLY the same. We all age, and he doesn't!! Not fair....
I was his teacher's aid the last 1/2 of our senior year....and what excitement that was. He was a nice guy, but always seemed to be in slow motion. I think that's why I partied so much back then.....needed the drink after that class!

melindam

Post by melindam »

He was the most boring teacher I ever had; but I have to say one of the nicest ones. It just blew my mind at how he hadn't aged. I even asked him if he had found the fountain of youth and he just smiled and said no I have just lived a long and happy life. He said he remembered me and told me just where I sat in class and what grades I made. SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Mr. Byrd....."MADD stands for Mother's against what?????" Josette?

JT......UMMMMMM????

CL.......Come on Josette, you do it all the time!!!!!

I'll refrain from the rest to protect the innocent, if there are any..... :D

Just try and guess the answer. :twisted:
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers