Reunion Weekend, October 27 - 29, 2006

When, Where & What

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Angie - If I go to the football game, I doubt I will bring my kids. They would probably be running all over and I would have a hard time keeping up with them and trying to talk and catch up with everyone.

As to the block party, I think it actually starts at 6:00. Usually for 6:00 to 9:00 maybe a little later, there are a lot of kids. They are allowed in the court yard section of the Tap Room and seem to enjoy listening to the band and dancing. They are roaming the streets too and going into other places as well. I would say by 10:00 most of the kids have left the block party and most of the street has cleared. The adults are then partying it up in the various bar rooms/restaurants.

Still trying to figure out what we are doing Friday. Hope this helps.
Brenda

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Hi Tracy, glad to see you here. It seems that quite a few of us have gone into the service at one time or another.
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Looking forward to seeing you there Tracy. :D
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Tracy, I remember you, too!! Glad you're coming to the reunion.....can't wait to see you!

shane

Re: Planning

Post by shane »

Tracy Smothers Donnell wrote:I will be attending the reunion. I am not sure if there will be anyone there that I know. I was really shy in high school. I dated Sylvester (Billy Ray) Brumfield from 9th grade until after we graduated.

I was not able to attend the other reunions I am in the Air Force and have never been able to make it back to Covington at that time. I plan to attend the football game and the cocktail party.

What time will the tail gate party start for the football game?[/list]
Welcome to the board, Tracy! And we're all looking forward to seeing you and again at the end of the month.

Have a safe trip in.

Shane

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

madonnatoneygiacona wrote: If we need a meeting place - we can meet at our restaurant "RAGS TOO"
Madonna
Madonna, I went to the restaurants website just now. Wow, the food looks awesome. I haven't had a proper po-boy in ages. The bread over here isn't the same. You're gonna get a new customer in a couple of weeks.

Jerry
Jerry Cottrell

Will Rogers

ccoopermetz

block party

Post by ccoopermetz »

the block party goes from 6:30-9:30 and is kid friendly...its free and will have trick or treating theme on fri oct 27. the block parties are packed and alot of fun! there is also the scream factory set up one block over if you are brave enough...but i think if you are wanting to bring the kids, it would be difficult to do the game AND the block party. At the columbia street tap room at 10pm four unplugged is hosting a pimps and ho's ball... (i'll skip this one)

madonnatoneygiacona

Post by madonnatoneygiacona »

Jerry

Let me know when you would like to go. On Friday & Saturday nights, we have "all you can eat seafood" Soooo, if you like seafood (or po boys)
either one - you can not go wrong. My husband (Jay) has been in business for almost 25 years.

Madonna

melindam

Post by melindam »

Madonna,
I didn't realize you guys owned Rags. I haven't been there in ages. I remember how good the poboys were though. I just might have to drop in on you guys.

Angie

Post by Angie »

Madonna - "all you can eat"? Do you know that it does not exist in the UK? Does it Jerry? I can not wait to go home! I am dying for a shrimp poboy!
Angela Eddy Feemster

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

I've been to a few "all you can eat" restaurants here Angie.....It's taken me everything just to finish the one (small) plate they gave me.....

I'm looking forward to a catfish poboy myself....and shrimp.....and hot sausage.....and BBQ beef...and Oh wait, sorry, I've slipped back to dreaming of Louisiana mode.

My co-workers are betting on how much weight I put on while I'm gone. They want to weigh me before I go. I've shown them Madonna's website, they are quite envious.
Jerry Cottrell

Will Rogers

Angie

Post by Angie »

Jerry - you can barely finish a plate of "all you can eat" here in England? Your stomach has shrunk then.....can get in on that wager with your employees? There is no such thing here in the midland of England.
Angela Eddy Feemster

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

When I said that, I meant it was so bad to eat it, it took everything for me to eat it what little they had given me :? :? :?

Fortunately, it's not all bad, but there have been some doozies.....
Jerry Cottrell

Will Rogers

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

JerryFish wrote:I'm looking forward to a catfish poboy myself
You truly are evil. I've been dying for some catfish for almost three years now. Course, everytime we've been back since moving to Buffalo, I've had my chances to get catfish, but for some reason, I end up getting shrimp or a roast beef poboy.
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Toooo many choices my friend, it's never easy ordering when I go back....
Jerry Cottrell

Will Rogers