Reunion Weekend, October 27 - 29, 2006

When, Where & What

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

shane

Reunion Weekend, October 27 - 29, 2006

Post by shane »

We're just 3 weeks away from the event! Thanks to everyone who's registered and hope that those of you who haven't will soon. Remember, tickets are $60/per person until Oct 15. After that date, and up to the night of the party at the door, ticket will be $75/per person.

Quick rundown of the events scheduled for Oct 27 - 29, 2006:

Friday, Oct 27: Covington High v. St Paul's Football game @ CHS. We'll have a hosptiality tent set up outside the gate to meet up. If you're planning on coming to the game, please let me know ASAP so we can find out more about tickets. Afterward, if you're looking for something else to do, there's a block party in downtown Covington.

Saturday, Oct 28: cocktail party 8pm - 11pm at Tchefuncta Country Club. Tickets are $60/person in advance, $75/person after October 15. Open bar, music, food and an all-around good time.

Sunday, Oct 29: picnic at Hubie Gallagher Park in Covington (bounded by W 15th and W 16th Ave and S Pierce and S Filmore St; look for the water tower), 11am - until you go home. It's BYO picnic supplies and families. We'll have a volleyball net (and ball).

If you can't make the entire weekend, please try to come to at least one of the events. We'd all love to see you and catch up.

Hope to see everyone in a few weeks!

Shane

phil

Re: Reunion Weekend, October 27 - 29, 2006

Post by phil »

shane wrote: Afterward, if you're looking for something else to do, there's a block party in downtown Covington.
Shane
Count me in for *.party

or for the geeks....

s/.*/party/g

or better yet...

s/party/$self/g
Last edited by phil on Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Don't get too greedy. Take it one step at a time....

[me@here '']# cd /pub
[me@here pub]# more beer

8)
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

phil

Post by phil »

select * from pub where party=block;

John, I think we're going to have some interesting conversations in a couple a weeks. ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

ccoopermetz

Block party has my vote

Post by ccoopermetz »

PERSONALLY, I'll be at the block party with both my kids. I've already seen so many 86ers there so I know there will be others.

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Hey Candace - we ran into each other at the August block party I believe. Probalby others too. James and I are definitely going to the reunion. Don't know what we are doing Friday night yet - babysitting always a consideration. If we go out, I am fairly certain we will start or wind up at the block party. Are you going to the football game?
Brenda

ccoopermetz

Post by ccoopermetz »

no i'm skipping the game and going straight to the block party friday night. yea i remember seeing you in the pub but it was MAY my dear not August. (I go to all of them but don't always get the chance to enjoy the pub afterwards.) Wanna go to the pub AFTER the saturday night doo hicky? sorta seems sacriligious to go anywhere else!!

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Wasn't sure which one it was - we have been to 2 of them between May and September of this year. I knew we went in August because we went out for our anniversary that happens to be at the end of August. I guess I saw you at the earlier one we went to.

I am cool with the Pub - actually I am pretty much up for going anywhere after the reunion. I just want to go where ever most of our classmates are going. I don't get to see a lot of these people very often or at all and I want to make the most of it!

Please keep me posted on what everyone is doing.
Brenda

Angie

Post by Angie »

We want to go to the block party/pub after the game Friday. I dont know anything about it...so, where to park? Do you just walk up and down the street or will we meet up around 1030ish somewhere? Need the scoop.
Angela Eddy Feemster

Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Maybe a silly question but what is a block party? :oops:
Maarten

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Hey Maarten,

I didn't know you in high school and i assume you didn't know me either but look forward to meeting you. The block party is a party spanning several blocks of Columbia Street in dowtown Covington. Street is closed to vehicular traffic. They usually have classic cars parked on the street for people to look at. Vendors sometimes selling items. You can walk up and down the street. If you remember where "Joe's Shoe Store" was - at the corner of Boston and Columbia that is the street it is on. The party starts on the Joe's side of Columbia, crosses Boston street and goes on for another 2 o3 blocks. There are now several restaurant/bars along Columbia St. that people go in and out of and there is the Tap Room that has a somewhat New Orleans style court yard that has a band (free) outside until about 9:00. Drinks are also served outside which are not cheap. Then inside, there is usually a band from about 10:00 to about 2:00. The Boston St. Pub, across from the old Covington Courthouse usually is pretty packed as well and usually has a DJ on that night. Hope this helps!

Angie - I haven't heard if everyone is meeting somewhere or not but I think that would be a good plan. The block parties get pretty crowded and it might be hard for everyone to find each other and perhaps recognize each other depending on how much we have changed! I would suggest trying to set up a meeting time and place and then everyone can figure out where they want to go from there. Even the people who might bypass the game and go straight to the block party can make their way to the designated area for the meeting.
Brenda

madonnatoneygiacona

Post by madonnatoneygiacona »

Brenda
Please let me know what the plans are. I would love to "hang out" with everyone at the block party. If we need a meeting place - we can meet at our restaurant "RAGS TOO"
Keep me posted - I'm addicted also!

Madonna

Angie

Post by Angie »

How many are bringing their younger children to the game Friday night? And is the block party something the kids would enjoy? Even considering we won't make it there till about 10ish? Best thing would probably be to leave the game early, tuck kids into bed and go back to block party. Wanted to get some input from everyone else though about how many kids are attending the game.
Angela Eddy Feemster

Tracy Smothers Donnell

Planning

Post by Tracy Smothers Donnell »

I will be attending the reunion. I am not sure if there will be anyone there that I know. I was really shy in high school. I dated Sylvester (Billy Ray) Brumfield from 9th grade until after we graduated.

I was not able to attend the other reunions I am in the Air Force and have never been able to make it back to Covington at that time. I plan to attend the football game and the cocktail party.

What time will the tail gate party start for the football game?[/list]

Angie

Post by Angie »

I remember you, Tracy. My husband is in the Army (20yrs) and I know what it is like to hardly every go back home. See you at the Reunion!
Angela Eddy Feemster