Class of 1985

When, Where & What

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

shane

Class of 1985

Post by shane »

It has come to my attention that the Class of '85 has cancelled their reunion this year. They had to cancel last year because of Katrina, but I was under the impression that they had rescheduled for this year. Mark Leach told me today that the rescheduled reunion had been cancelled due to lack of interest.

It seems like good form to extend an invitation to our fellow alums from '85 to our own reunion, but I wouldn't do that until I know you all approve. I know a lot of us were close to folks from '85; what say you all?

Thanks very much, everyone!

Shane

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Sounds good to me.
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

ccoopermetz

c/o 85

Post by ccoopermetz »

I don't object.

phil

Post by phil »

absolutely
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

Good idea. Last I talked to Jacky Morgan, he said they were planning it but I haven't talked to him in a few months. I didn't know they cancelled it. I bet some would attend.

mark

More the merrier

Post by mark »

I regularly see some of the 85 folks. I'll get 3 or 4 to come at least.
Mark J Leach

shane

Post by shane »

Blake Pennington and I just talked on the phone about 85. He said there were a lot of people interested and disappointed when their reunion didn't come off. Hopefully, they'll have a good turn-out at ours.

shane

mark

Some positive repsonses from the guys I've spoken too..

Post by mark »

Matt Fritscher, Gary Francis - I'll get them to work on John Boudreaux (married to Stephanie Riley) and Rodney Brunet (married to Alicia Knight).

I'm still trying to get my brother Billy Leach on board.
Mark J Leach

shane

Post by shane »

Now that we're just a few weeks away, I'm starting to get questions from some 85-ers wanting to know who from their class is coming. No one's registered yet, so I have to tell them "no one." But I'm quick to add that there's been interest, just no commitment yet.

If you know or run into anyone from 85, ask them to go ahead and commit to coming, if so inclined. I get the impression that if someone will commit, several more will as well.

Thanks, all.

Shane

illenbergerj

Post by illenbergerj »

The more the merrier! :)

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Cool, it would be great to see them again.
Attachments
Pete, Frank, Sean, Jerry and Shane at Jerry's Batchelor Party.
Pete, Frank, Sean, Jerry and Shane at Jerry's Batchelor Party.
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Good picture. Anyone from the class of 1985 actually signed up yet? Any information on anyone else coming from 1985? Sheila ran into Kim Perrin (85)last week (married to Lonnie Fisher) and she said she didn't know anything about 85 joining 86 reunion. Sheila said she acted like she and Lonnie (84) might come.
Brenda

shane

Post by shane »

Brenda Robinson Jenkins wrote:Good picture. Anyone from the class of 1985 actually signed up yet? Any information on anyone else coming from 1985? Sheila ran into Kim Perrin (85)last week (married to Lonnie Fisher) and she said she didn't know anything about 85 joining 86 reunion. Sheila said she acted like she and Lonnie (84) might come.
No one from 85 has officially registered. I sent out invitations to addresses I could confirm. I sent out nearly 150 emails. And the newspaper notices mentioned the invite (as well as the CHS Alumni site, until recently). We've been spreading the word by word-of-mouth as well.

It didn't happen for 85 last year and this year got cancelled b\c of lack of interest. The invitation is still open to anyone who wants to come. I hope some of them will take us up on it. I'm certainly not turning anyone away at the door.
Shane
--
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
- Noel Coward

melindam

Post by melindam »

Shane,
My husband is from the class of 85 so that's one that will be there!

fwaites

Class of 85

Post by fwaites »

Ok I was planning on attending, but seems no one coming from our class , do we still have no one registered, almost off the fence to come anyway