Maarten

What we're doing now

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Maarten

Maarten

Post by Maarten »

I live in Monnickendam, a small town settled by monks in the 12th century. It?s located 8 miles north of Amsterdam (15 minutes by car or 30 minutes by bike) which provides me all the advantages of both city and country life. Bought a house in 1989, nothing special really compared to the size of the average American home, but it?s comfortable.

My daughter Ashley is 12 years old and recently started high school in Volendam, a well-known tourist city close by. She is a tall (5ft 10), very open, warm and social person with many friends and some adolescent behaviour occasionally. She?s into track and pretty good at it.
Kaelan is 5 years old and attends one of the local elementary schools a 100 yards from my house. He also has a great personality and is very popular at school. His heroes at the moment are B-Daman, Spiderman and Spongebob (and his dad of course ;-)) He?ll be starting playing soccer when he turns 6 and I can't wait!
My wife Piera is working part-time at the Rabobank, a large international bank and very much into Salsa dancing. Besides her work she is also very busy with a college study in the evenings and weekends. She is half Italian and has a large family on Sicily.

Think I?ve already mentioned somewhere that climbing is one of my passions and that I work as a SAP consultant for LogicaCMG. Finishing things up at Heineken at the moment and starting February 1st at Coca Cola as a project leader to implement their Dutch payroll.

More things that keep me busy you can find on my blog http://www.xpressit.nl

Maarten
Maarten