Re-live the Weekend

What we're doing now

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Yea, it's Louis...... :D
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

shane

Post by shane »

JerryFish wrote:Yea, it's Louis...... :D
You stickin' to that statement, "Ethel"? :lol:
Shane
--
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
- Noel Coward

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Ok, Jerry, I guess that's you out front then?? Picture is blurry, so hard to tell. I remember the year ya'll did that, but I only remember Shane, and I think Chris Normand. I remember Louis being on the flag team, but didn't remember Jerry as "Ethel". :D

shane

Post by shane »

Julie Mathies wrote:Ok, Jerry, I guess that's you out front then?? Picture is blurry, so hard to tell. I remember the year ya'll did that, but I only remember Shane, and I think Chris Normand. I remember Louis being on the flag team, but didn't remember Jerry as "Ethel". :D
I've got one with Louis around here somewhere.
Attachments
img274.jpg
Shane
--
- Noel Coward

shane

Post by shane »

I guess I should post the real thing now.
Attachments
img194.jpg
Shane
--
- Noel Coward

shane

Post by shane »

Okay, seriously. :D
Attachments
img225.jpg
Shane
--
- Noel Coward

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Great photos Shane, keep them coming!
Brenda

Tonya

Post by Tonya »

While I have been experiencing a little post party depression, I had an awesome time this weekend. I loved every minute of it.

Friday night was fun and a nice head start on seeing classmates that I haven't seen in a while. I felt like I was in highschool again for a minute. (until I climbed up the steps and had to rest for 15 min. to catch my breath.)

Sat. night was great. Not enough time to visit with everyone or dance, but I did several times throughout the night step back and enjoy the smiles on everyones faces. It made me feel really wonderful to see everyone having such a good time. Someone asked me today about the reunion. I instantly got a big smile as I had flashes of the weekend go through my mind.

I am so glad we made it to the picnic on Sunday to see some of the classmates that hadn't made it the night before. It was great to see Melinda, Kyra, and Eva. I know there were others but those are the 3 that came to mind first. Patrick, thank you for making the pizzas. My kids wanted you to know that they thought they were really good. I have to say you are a little crazy though for traveling back and forth and making pizzas after being out until 2? in the morning.

I look forward to seeing all of you again soon. I'm glad we have such a wonderful class! Thank you all for a great weekend of memories.

Tonya

phimel

Post by phimel »

I'm pretty much in agreement. I was confused, all of the alcohol, all of the people to talk to... Not enough time to fully enjoy both...and therefore complete sensory overload. It really was great. We almost needed to do it where you had specific blocks of time to talk to each person, we could try reunion month, or reunion quarter.....
Patrick Himel

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

phimel wrote:I'm pretty much in agreement. I was confused, all of the alcohol, all of the people to talk to... Not enough time to fully enjoy both...and therefore complete sensory overload. It really was great. We almost needed to do it where you had specific blocks of time to talk to each person, we could try reunion month, or reunion quarter.....
Totally agree with you Pat!
Brenda

leslie71091

Post by leslie71091 »

sitting here reading these great posts, i keep smiling or laughing out loud..i ditto everyone who said there wasn't enough time..i saw sherri sable this morning and she said what i had been trying to sum up..that our class was special..just looking at the pictures reflects that..the way we are so open and friendly to each other after 20 yrs is really unique(after talking to people from other classes)...i told david on sunday when he got home that i loved the people i grew up with....life is about relationships and i feel so blessed to have grown up in a time and place (80's/covington) that felt so secure....like the great 80's material girl said "this use to be my playground-this use to be my childhood dream-this use to be the place i ran to-whenever i was in need--of a friend"...as you can see, i was a madonna fan...now that i'm thinking about it, this was my first concert. ricky woo(class of 84) took susan patrick and i and we got in major trouble with mrs. baham(cheerleading sponsor)..yep, forgot about that.....[/b][/quote]

Angie

Post by Angie »

YOU and SUSAN got in trouble...no way....I remember Susan going to that concert...she wore that concert T forever! You went with Ricky Woo? Is he still working at his family's restaurant....South China? What a great guy he was....loved him! I will have to forward your posting to Susan (she will never register on the site and if she does it will be a miracle). Yes, ditto on the Madonna lyrics. We lived a good life together all of us.
Angela Eddy Feemster

leslie71091

Post by leslie71091 »

yes, we actually got in trouble because i think we were suppose to make signs or something really important like that(ha ha) and we decided we were not missing out on madonna..it was well worth it by the way..ricky woo is now living in florida, married to a girl name theresa and has a son named samuel woo..our family is close to his so my mom talks to him more than i do...his wife has a nail salon but i'm not sure what ricky is doing..i know it's not the restaurant business anymore...by the way, i'm looking at your package and hoping to get it mailed tomorrow..it has 2 shirts in it..please tell susan i said hi..leslie

Greg Ward

Post by Greg Ward »

Angie wrote:YOU and SUSAN got in trouble...no way....I remember Susan going to that concert...she wore that concert T forever! You went with Ricky Woo? Is he still working at his family's restaurant....South China? What a great guy he was....loved him! I will have to forward your posting to Susan (she will never register on the site and if she does it will be a miracle). Yes, ditto on the Madonna lyrics. We lived a good life together all of us.
Speaking of Ricky Woo & South China. I haven't seen Ricky in ages. Angie do you remember when we had Senior year half days, piling into your convertible and going to South China for lunch and Mai Tais? I think we were supposed to all have had jobs, but we didn't of course. Seems like Robin, and maybe Travis came along, as well as a few other folks, but I can't remember exactly who. Good times.

Greg Ward

Post by Greg Ward »

leslie71091 wrote:sitting here reading these great posts, i keep smiling or laughing out loud..i ditto everyone who said there wasn't enough time..i saw sherri sable this morning and she said what i had been trying to sum up..that our class was special..just looking at the pictures reflects that..the way we are so open and friendly to each other after 20 yrs is really unique(after talking to people from other classes)...i told david on sunday when he got home that i loved the people i grew up with....life is about relationships and i feel so blessed to have grown up in a time and place (80's/covington) that felt so secure....like the great 80's material girl said "this use to be my playground-this use to be my childhood dream-this use to be the place i ran to-whenever i was in need--of a friend"...as you can see, i was a madonna fan...now that i'm thinking about it, this was my first concert. ricky woo(class of 84) took susan patrick and i and we got in major trouble with mrs. baham(cheerleading sponsor)..yep, forgot about that.....[/b]
[/quote]

Leslie, I think you and Sherri are right. We did/do have a special class, but I'm not sure I realized it before. Perhaps that's because its been so long since I've seen everybody, or perhaps its because I took it for granted. On the other hand, it maybe more that I assumed that everyone else has/had the same thing. Makes me feel sad for others, and more grateful for the blessing of good friends. Thanks everyone.