Re-live the Weekend

What we're doing now

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Angie

Post by Angie »

Yes, I have a vague memory of that...but, I know that I did have a job! I worked at National Video...with Robin....had to save money for all those Duran Duran cassettes I bought...
Angela Eddy Feemster

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Angie wrote:had to save money for all those Duran Duran cassettes I bought...
Ugh....that hurts as much as going to see Loverboy in concert.

I still can't wash that horrible night from my memory.
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

Angie

Post by Angie »

do tell, John.....was Loverboy wearing their red leather pants and those tshirts with the sleeves cut off and headbands? I had a denim jacket with several dozen Duran Duran pins on it....I loved Nick!
Angela Eddy Feemster

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Angie wrote:do tell, John.....was Loverboy wearing their red leather pants and those tshirts with the sleeves cut off and headbands? I had a denim jacket with several dozen Duran Duran pins on it....I loved Nick!
I went for one reason only....a girl. :twisted: Thought I was going to lose my lunch when the Hooters were opening, and had gouged out my eyes by the time Loverboy took the stage. :lol:
-- Basil Fawlty

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

John, did you see Loverboy last week on VH1?? It was 80's week.....Their lead singer was on there in an interview....what was his name??? Mike Reno I think? Well, he didn't have the headband on, but has put on quite a few pounds. Angie, Duran Duran was on there, too!! And, most of them still look good!! I loved Simon!! hee hee

Angie

Post by Angie »

oh yeah - I have seen pics of Loveboy now...we all look MUCH better than them.
Angela Eddy Feemster

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Julie Mathies wrote:John, did you see Loverboy last week on VH1?? It was 80's week.....Their lead singer was on there in an interview....what was his name??? Mike Reno I think? Well, he didn't have the headband on, but has put on quite a few pounds. Angie, Duran Duran was on there, too!! And, most of them still look good!! I loved Simon!! hee hee
No, no, Loverboy fan I'm not. Rush is about the only Canadian band I follow.
-- Basil Fawlty

tlsmith

Post by tlsmith »

Duran Duran was down here the weekened of the reunion for VooDoo fest.They still look really good! Nicole

Greg Ward

Post by Greg Ward »

Angie wrote:Yes, I have a vague memory of that...but, I know that I did have a job! I worked at National Video...with Robin....had to save money for all those Duran Duran cassettes I bought...
Hmm, I seem to vaguely remember the job now too . . . must've been the Mai Tais.

Now Duran Duran, that brings back memories. Chip von Unwerth and I went to see them in concert, and I definitely bought every album they had out. Yes, that was vinyl! We even went to see Power Station, which was the remnants of Duran Duran, plus Robert Palmer. Think I was wearing parachute pants with my hair spiked up and colored blue. :lol:

Loverboy on the other hand, I never spent a dime on.

Robin

Post by Robin »

Whoa! It's been a week since I've checked the board. I had some catching up to do!
Julie Mathies wrote:Robin -- I decided at the game that night that I should have tried out for the LION. I would have loved doing that. And that FLAG TEAM!! No comparison to the one we had!! You guys were awesome, and I still remember one time ya'll performed at a pep rally (when we still had them)...to a rock song (Def Leppard or someone, I can't remember exactly) but that performance was so good that it's remained in my mind after 20 years. Must have been when you were captain!
Thanks, Jules. Rock of Ages was the song. I can still do that routine I think - we did this great roll up your flags, hook up to each other and slide on your knees action! I had so much fun making those up. That, and one to Ozzy's Crazy Train were my favs. My music choices were still under the heavy influence of Laney LaBorde - or I would've nodded to Ang with a Duran routine!

Robin

Post by Robin »

Julie Mathies wrote:LOL!!!! Robin, were you the captain of THIS team??????
Yes!! Back when they had the 7 ft poles!!!! :twisted:

Robin

Post by Robin »

Greg Ward wrote: Angie do you remember when we had Senior year half days, piling into your convertible and going to South China for lunch and Mai Tais? I think we were supposed to all have had jobs, but we didn't of course. Seems like Robin, and maybe Travis came along, as well as a few other folks, but I can't remember exactly who. Good times.
I remember those fishbowl Mai Tais and the poo-poo platters!!! Definitely good times!

Robin

Post by Robin »

Greg Ward wrote:[Think I was wearing parachute pants with my hair spiked up and colored blue. :lol:./quote]

I bet Miss Lynette loved that look on you, Greg!! :lol: I actually looked for parachute pants to wear to the reunion!

Didn't Robert Palmer die a few years ago? I love a song he did called "She Makes My Day".

Greg Ward

Post by Greg Ward »

Robin wrote:I bet Miss Lynette loved that look on you, Greg!! :lol: I actually looked for parachute pants to wear to the reunion!

Didn't Robert Palmer die a few years ago? I love a song he did called "She Makes My Day".
Yeah, as for the look, I think she was amused, but I'm not sure what my Dad thought (never really enquired :D). They tolerated, because I never did anything permanent. I did come verrrry close to getting my ear pierced a few times though!

Palmer died kind of suddenly as I recall. Heart attack or something.

shane

Post by shane »

Greg Ward wrote:
Robin wrote:I bet Miss Lynette loved that look on you, Greg!! :lol: I actually looked for parachute pants to wear to the reunion!

Yeah, as for the look, I think she was amused, but I'm not sure what my Dad thought (never really enquired :D). They tolerated, because I never did anything permanent. I did come verrrry close to getting my ear pierced a few times though!

Palmer died kind of suddenly as I recall. Heart attack or something.
Jeez, I remember what my father said when I came home from Florida in 86 with my ear pierced. I said "how ya doin'?" He replied "Doin' good! That thing in your ear looks like s**t!" in the middle of a Time Saver (those of you who've heard my dad can image what THAT sounded like). If he wanted me to get rid of it, that was the last thing he should've said (I think all fathers suffer that affliction when it comes to their sons). 20 years later, I still have it (much to wife's chagrin, at times).
Shane
--
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
- Noel Coward