Re-live the Weekend

What we're doing now

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

shane

Re-live the Weekend

Post by shane »

What's your favorite memory of Reunion Weekend? Was it the game Friday? The party Saturday? Or seeing all the kids running around the park on Sunday? Who did you most enjoying seeing?

Post your memories here; some of us may have forgotten already... :roll:
Shane
--
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
- Noel Coward

JonellBadon

Favorite Memory

Post by JonellBadon »

I believe that the reunion party itself was the most memorable. Seeing everyone really just cut loose (like old times) and just have a blast, it was like the 20 years weren't even there....

(Hint for those drinking tooooo much, next time chew 10 baby aspirin half-way into your drinking time, totally eliminates the headache the next day, it really works!).

Jonell
Jonell Bennett Badon

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Not sure I could list every moment because the entire weekend was fabulous!! The game friday night brought back a flood of memories, like dance team days on the field with the band, the CHS Fight Song, and cheering for the Lions. Drinking Bloody Mary's Saturday morning with the committee while decorating got the day off to a good start. Then, the party!! WOW!! I had the best time I've had in a very long time. Renewing old friendships, and making some new ones, was the best, but seeing the smiles & expressions of everyone having such a good time together will be the best memory. Like Jonell said, it was like 20 years had never passed. Then, topping off the weekend was seeing all of our children play together on the playground.....just like many of us did so long ago. Thanks everyone.....this was a weekend that will be in my heart forever!

Jennifer Boesch Stanley

Post by Jennifer Boesch Stanley »

Of course my favorite was Saturday night. I couldn't make Friday or Sunday. I reaally wish I could have seen everyone's children. Just seeing the pictures and how much our kids look like younger versions of us is so great.

lisa_m90

Post by lisa_m90 »

I had leave for Texas Sunday morning so I couldn't make the picnic. The game Friday night was just like old times, only we'd win the game. LOL! I really enjoyed the event Saturday night, tried meet everyone, but the Margaritas started to kick in and it was time to go. Hope to see some of you on my return trips to Covington in the near future.

Again, thanks for a wonderful time.

Robin

Post by Robin »

Friday would have been the best if we'd have been able to actually be on the field, right Jules?; Saturday would have been the best if we'd had time to chat with everyone AND pull a groin; Sunday would have been the best if we'd had the chance to throw the football and play volleyball with each other and our kids instead of hitting the road. I guess we'll have to do it again longer to determine the tie break!

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Saturday was probably my favorite but it was all great. I didn't go to game but did go to the block party.

Like more then one of you have mentioned, I didn't feel liek I had enough time to really sit down and talk to a lot of the people that I wanted to. It was a whole weekend, but there are sooo many people I truly wanted to spend more time with!
Brenda

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

I'm just glad for my sake that I saw Brenda at the very end of the night and not an hour earlier. :D

Okay two hours earlier would have been all right. Just not when she made it to Etoille. :D

Thanks for the heads up Christy...... :lol:
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Robin -- I decided at the game that night that I should have tried out for the LION. I would have loved doing that. And that FLAG TEAM!! No comparison to the one we had!! You guys were awesome, and I still remember one time ya'll performed at a pep rally (when we still had them)...to a rock song (Def Leppard or someone, I can't remember exactly) but that performance was so good that it's remained in my mind after 20 years. Must have been when you were captain!

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

JerryFish wrote:I'm just glad for my sake that I saw Brenda at the very end of the night and not an hour earlier. :D

Okay two hours earlier would have been all right. Just not when she made it to Etoille. :D

Thanks for the heads up Christy...... :lol:
Jerry - I almost made a comment about Friday and how it would have been sooooo much better if "someone" would have called me like HE was supposed to when they got to Etoile's on the cell phone number I personally gave them so we all could hook up that night after the game :evil: BUT I decided to spare you :wink: BUT since you brought it up, I had to go there. :P

And I didn't kick your ass like I threatened to do so its all good! 8) You are too nice for me to really have been mad at you anyway! :lol:

ot calling me whne they got to Etoile's but I decided not to BUT since you brought it
Brenda

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Oops forgot to delete that last sentence that I had reworded! Did I ever mention typing wasn't my stongest subject? :oops:
Brenda

shane

Post by shane »

Julie Mathies wrote:Robin -- I decided at the game that night that I should have tried out for the LION. I would have loved doing that. And that FLAG TEAM!! No comparison to the one we had!! You guys were awesome, and I still remember one time ya'll performed at a pep rally (when we still had them)...to a rock song (Def Leppard or someone, I can't remember exactly) but that performance was so good that it's remained in my mind after 20 years. Must have been when you were captain!
I couldn't agree more, Julie. They really had some moves, didn't they. And they certainly looked sharp!
Attachments
Flag Team 1985
Flag Team 1985
Shane
--
- Noel Coward

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

LOL!!!! Robin, were you the captain of THIS team??????

shane

Post by shane »

Julie Mathies wrote:LOL!!!! Robin, were you the captain of THIS team??????
I think this was one of flag team's shining moments.

Jerry's, too.
Attachments
Flag Team 86
Flag Team 86
Shane
--
- Noel Coward

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Who's that out front leading the way?? It sort of looks like Louis!! :lol: