web site - take one.

Growing this site bigger and better. Programmers, designers, developers, etc apply within. Ideas how the site should grow? Speak up!

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

phimel

Post by phimel »

Dan,

The new site it a otay... at least we're keeping up with the Joneses (Class of 1987).... (Just checked out their site) All you IT people are the proverbial sh in front of IT!
Patrick Himel

phil

Post by phil »

phimel wrote:Dan,

The new site it a otay... at least we're keeping up with the Joneses (Class of 1987).... (Just checked out their site) All you IT people are the proverbial sh in front of IT!
I gotta figure out how they're doing that. As far as I can tell, class of 87 is paying a web design/hosting company to do their site. That's not cheap. Not for an individual just wanting to put something together for a reunion site. I wonder if one of them owns the web design company or something...

But OTOH, I don't think ours is too shabby either. :wink:
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Where's their site again?
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

phil

Post by phil »

jnichel wrote:Where's their site again?

Linked off of www.chs86.info

phil

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

phil wrote:
phimel wrote:Dan,

I gotta figure out how they're doing that. As far as I can tell, class of 87 is paying a web design/hosting company to do their site. That's not cheap. Not for an individual just wanting to put something together for a reunion site. I wonder if one of them owns the web design company or something...

But OTOH, I don't think ours is too shabby either. :wink:
Are you talking about the changing pictures on their home page? My neighbors are 87 and their computer was giving them problems so they came over here to check out the 87 site a couple of weeks ago.

I agree with Phil, ours isn't too shabby at all, not too shabby at all! 8) Matter of fact, I like ours better! So thank you Phil, John and Dan for all of your hard work once again! And anybody else who has worked on it that I didn't mention!
Brenda

phil

Post by phil »

Brenda Robinson Jenkins wrote: Are you talking about the changing pictures on their home page?
nah, that's the easy part. It's just a Flash video. I'm just talking about how they're paying for it - if in fact they are paying for it. Their site is very professional looking and it's being hosted for them by a hosting company. Paying somebody to design and create a website can be very expensive. Hosting the site costs a chunk of change every month. If jnichel and I had to pay for this stuff, you can believe our sites wouldn't be here at all.

phil

phil

Post by phil »

phil wrote:
phimel wrote: All you IT people are the proverbial sh in front of IT!
heh. People keep telling me I'm the sh behind it

phil

shane

Post by shane »

phil wrote:
Brenda Robinson Jenkins wrote: Are you talking about the changing pictures on their home page?
nah, that's the easy part. It's just a Flash video. I'm just talking about how they're paying for it - if in fact they are paying for it. Their site is very professional looking and it's being hosted for them by a hosting company. Paying somebody to design and create a website can be very expensive. Hosting the site costs a chunk of change every month. If jnichel and I had to pay for this stuff, you can believe our sites wouldn't be here at all.
Keith tells me Richard is doing the site on his own, but that he asked Keith's company about hosting. If we want something in particular on the site that we can't do, Keith might be able to help us out.
Shane
--
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
- Noel Coward

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Shane, yes, I believe you are correct. My sister Cathy is on their Reunion Committee, and she told me that Richard was the one doing their site. She thinks that whatever company he has may be covering the costs.