Got my invitation

Anything and everything. Come on in and chew the fat.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Tiffany

Got my invitation

Post by Tiffany »

I got my invitation in the mail yesterday. It's going to be a long 5 months until the reunion. I hope we get a lot more people to come to this website so that we can catch up before October. I can't wait to hear about plans for Friday and Sunday. I hope one day will involve the kids.

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Got mine too. I think Shane said that they were looking into a CHS football game on Friday, and doing a family picnic on Sunday.
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

ccoopermetz

invitation

Post by ccoopermetz »

Yea I got mine too...even started to fill it out! The class of 96 is having their 10 year one in September and friends of mine are on the planning committee...one was over when I got the invite ...she was very impressed by how formal and organized you guys are!!
Tonya tells me the 29th is tentatively booked but places are still recovering from the big K so time will tell. Just let us know as you do so that we can be sure to be there!
Candace

Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Got mine too and have booked all my flights!

But can someone please tell me what cocktail attire is?
Maarten

Robin

Post by Robin »

For guys, cocktail attire means you have to comb your hair!

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Do we have to take a bath too? That might make it too much work. :lol:

http://fashion.about.com/od/specialocca ... casion.htm

Guess I'll have to buy a suit. And slacks. And a tie. And a good shirt. And nice shoes.

Can you tell that I don't ever deviate jeans and a t-shirt?
-- Basil Fawlty

Robin

Post by Robin »

Guess what John! Everyone will love to see you no matter what you're wearing!! Personally, rather than going to all that expense (unless you have an upcoming wedding, etc.) just get a sportcoat and pick a pair of jeans with no holes. I don't think we'd recognize anyone in a tie! Let's make it relaxed and comfortable.

Maarten

Post by Maarten »

I agree, I'm wearing a suit all year. Please not on my vacation :D
Maarten

Angie

Post by Angie »

John & Maarten.....just comb your hair and wear clean knickers...that is all that matters to us!
Angela Eddy Feemster

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Angie wrote:John & Maarten.....just comb your hair and wear clean knickers...that is all that matters to us!
Demanding, eh? :lol:
-- Basil Fawlty

Maarten

Post by Maarten »

What a relief!
Maarten

Robin

Post by Robin »

OK Ang, how exactly you would know if their knickers were clean or not?! BTW, I was about to give you a call, but I think everyone would like to know how the Ring of Kerry survived the Feemster family last week!

Angie

Post by Angie »

I doubt anyone is interested in my trip to Ireland.....but, I will tell you Robin....you should not have backed out of this trip! (Robin & family were supposed to come with us) FYI - The trick to driving the Ring of Kerry is to make your husband drive the whole time (just joking)...is to drive clockwise since all the tour buses go anti-clockwise (as they say) and if you get stuck behind one you are screwed because passing is just BAD...but, it also means you will frequently come face to face with these monsters as you pass each other on the road at every tiny hairpin turn many involving the drop of death or a 900 year old stone wall or neatly manicured shrubs.....we may have scratches on the side of the car like every other tourist, but we still have both side mirrors attached. I would recommend Dingle over Ring of Kerry if anyone plans a trip one day. The highlight of our trip....climbing 700ft up Skellig St. Michael....a rock 8 miles off the coast of Ireland....an vertical stone stairway to an ancient monastic settlement...if you were a monk you would want to be in seclusion here for sure. This, too, included many drops of death...1 slip and we would be history...I was in denial about the danger at the time, but my usually calm, controlled husband was experiencing major anxiety with our 4 and 7 year old climbing this rock. There was no warning on the flyer....nothing saying this is not recommended for the elderly or for children under 12....there were no railings...no waivers of liability to sign....just pure danger....I would send a pic, but I dont think we took any as we climbed....it would have tempted fate. We saw puffins up close in the wild though! All in all, we had fun....lots of car time, lots of quaint pubs, fishing villages, loads of sunshine, Guinness mustaches, Irish coffees.....the only thing missing was hearing some Irish music in the pubs since they dont start the music until 9pm in most pubs....we were all too pooped by then....the cool thing though was it was daylight till 1130pm! Oh...here is the 1 pic I took of us on the stairway going back down Skellig....and this only shows one of the few drops that you might survive.
Attachments
Skellig St. Michael
Skellig St. Michael
DSC_0262_resize.JPG
Angela Eddy Feemster

Maarten

Post by Maarten »

We went to Ireland a few years ago and apart from the ever changing weather (rain, sun, heavy rain, sun, storm, rain, sun, etc...) we loved it. The Ring of Kerry is beautiful but it looks like I should be glad we didn't go to the Skelligs with Kaelan being only 9 months old.
Maarten

Angie

Post by Angie »

Maarten - from what I have seen you do on rocks in your pics I can't believe you haven't done it with a baby strapped to your back....Kaelan would have been fine with a handful of bungee cords..... :) Believe me...our kids could not even eat their lunch on that rock without holding our hands. My husband didnt even want me standing where we had lunch. It was way cool and a must see one day. Speaking of travelling, we still have not made it to Amsterdam....might wait now until we hear if we move to Belgium next....we have so much we want to see and do in the last year here it would be great to postpone some trips if we will stay another 3 yrs in Germany or Belgium.
Angela Eddy Feemster