Where is everyone??

Anything and everything. Come on in and chew the fat.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Tiffany

Where is everyone??

Post by Tiffany »

I've seen a lot of people register, but no one is posting. Come on out and say hi and fill us in on what you have been doing for the past 20 years!

phil

Post by phil »

Come on, Tina Li! I know you're lurking out there. :D
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

Angie

I agree!

Post by Angie »

There are 15 people out there who have registered, but have not posted anything. We only have 7 months until reunion....don't keep us in suspense that long! Who is definitely coming? I do not have flights booked yet, but we are planning on being there. If some of you are on the fence about it start posting and we can put some peer pressure on you! I never was a cheerleader, but I feel like I am at a pep rally right now! Come on Class of 86!
Angela Eddy Feemster

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

I agree Angie! I don't remember anyone being so shy in HS! LOL Come out, come out wherever you are...

Tina Li

Post by Tina Li »

I just wanted to say hi even though I feel like I'm crashing this site since I didn't actually graduate from CHS, but I feel like I know quite a few of you after 10 yrs of Covington public schools.

It's taken me a while to post because with recent baby brain (my 2nd daughter is now 3 months old), I registered at this site, but promptly forgot my username and password. I finally figured it out after 20 tries.

It's really great to hear about everyone.

Vickie, whom I have known since kindergarten, congrats on the long marriage! Please say hi to Leslie and Jamie.

Shane, I heard that you helped my mom out one day at the Tulane Med School library. My parents were stuck in that building for 5 days after Katrina before they were airlifted out. They said it was horrible. All the toilets were overflowing and people were randomly using the stairwells as bathrooms. All order broke down. But I think the worst part of it for my 89 year old grandmother is the food they got from FEMA. This poor little old Asian lady who is used to eating rice every day was forced to eat stuff like donuts and meatloaf. Sent her blood sugar and blood pressure sky high. They're just finishing a 1st floor redo of their house in Metairie.

Phil, are you the Phil Dyer from Robinhood Rd?? If so, I never would have pegged you for a computer geek!

Mark, sorry to hear you're not running any more - you were so gifted! I've continued to run recreationally (until I got pregnant) and even managed a marathon (I missed qualifying for Boston by 5 minutes). I hope my knees survive. I also have a daughter named Anna.

Connie, I heard that Chip von Unwerth is in a band called Cakewalk which still plays around Covington and NO.

I'm currently living in the Los Angeles area with my husband and 2 daughters. I work as an ophthalmologist specializing in oculoplastics. I do things like blepharoplasties (eyelid jobs), brow lifts, tear duct surgery, and orbital tumors. It's stressful, but fun. I'm still struggling with balancing work with motherhood under sleep deprivation. Let me know if anyone has any tips.

Tina

phil

Post by phil »

Tina Li wrote:
Phil, are you the Phil Dyer from Robinhood Rd?? If so, I never would have pegged you for a computer geek!
Yeah, it's me. I never would've pegged myself on that either. :)

I started college looking for a degree in music. I took a computer course the first semester so I could learn how to write papers and stuff. Changed my major to computer science the next semester. Turns out there is much more math used in C.S. than in music... :wink:
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

illenbergerj

technology was keeping me out!!

Post by illenbergerj »

Sorry for not posting sooner, I was having technical difficulties trying to post. John hooked me up, and obviously as you can see, it works now! How's everyone been? I've been out of the country for the past 11 or so years, so I haven't been back to Louisiana since 1989. I spent a few semesters at SLU then moved up to Colorado for five years.

In 1994 I joined the Air Force and immediately moved to Italy where I lived for the next six years. After that I moved to Germany for another three years. In 2000 I moved to South Carolina for a brief 11 months where I finished my military career, then returned to Germany to work as a Senior Network Manager for CACI.

That's what I'm doing now. I'm not sure if I can make it back for the reunion or not, still trying to work out a plan to see if I have the vacation time.

What's everyone else been up to? What's the plan for the weekend of the reunion?

jnichel
Site Admin

Re: technology was keeping me out!!

Post by jnichel »

illenbergerj wrote:I spent a few semesters at SLU then moved up to Colorado for five years.
I remember that. You and Julie were roommates. I remember coming up there with my fresh out of boot camp bald head to see if Julie wanted to go to a Huey Lewis concert with me (Huey Lewis? Did I say that out loud?? ), and getting the grand tour of y'alls luxury accomodations. :D
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

Hmmm....speaking of Julie and Jan's accomodations at SLU, I seem to remember spending a night or two hiding out there after being kicked out of my house when I had an infamous party while my parents were out of town over Thanksgiving '86. It's nice to see you posting Jan!! I've been wondering what you've been up too all these years. :)

illenbergerj

ah yes...the "party"

Post by illenbergerj »

You know, I often think of that party, yesterday in fact...well actually I don't remember much of the party, more like the next day...what ever happened to the remote control? What a mess to clean up!! Who helped you pull the lawn furniture out of the pool??

I never went to a Huey Lewis concert, I probably would've remembered that, but I did go to Duran Duran in NO with Vicky Munster (my second semester roommate) and a couple other folks. Excellent concert btw.

Does anyone know how many people have commited to the reunion yet?

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

The remote was missing? Hmmm, I don't remember that. I guess I have selective memory from that party. lol I remember the lawn furniture being in the pool and I'm sure I'm the one that jumped in and retreived them. I remember the yard being a mess and the jacuzzi being busted after diswashing soap being put in it. The party was fun, but the aftermath wasn't quite worth it, kwim? Took me a year to make amends with my parents. Anyway, we live and we learn! :)

Julie Mathies

The party!!!

Post by Julie Mathies »

John, I don't remember you coming to SLU, but you must have, because Jan and I WERE roommates. WOW! I must have been hung over or something.....

What I DO remember though is that party at Tiffany's!! Of course I only remember a few highlights....I can't believe I didn't see this post before now, because I JUST emailed Tiffany earlier today about that party. Tiffany, I do remember that your parents weren't too happy after that, but that's ok, we enjoyed you staying with us in the good ole' dorm. I remember the soap in the hot tub, that someone road a skateboard on your dad's treadmill, and the lawn furniture in the pool, but I don't remember the remote either! Gosh, I hope I wasn't responsible for any of that, but I WAS there, so I guess that means guilt by association!

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

You know, maybe Jan is the one with that remote?? LOL J/K

It was a lot of fun and the house was totally swamped with people. I don't think I ever got in the pool or the jaccuzi but the clean up after that soap got in it broke the pump (so I was told). Anywhoo, I was finally forgiven about a year later and taken back into my parents good graces. lol

Oh the memories! I remember that Theta Zi (or Xi?) Halloween party too Julie. I hope you find the pictures. :)

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Ok, Jan......time to own up about the remote! Where did you hide it??

Just kidding!! hee hee