Gustav

Anything and everything. Come on in and chew the fat.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

phil

Gustav

Post by phil »

Be safe, everyone. We're thinking of you.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

I heard there were tornados in Covington. Does anyone know if there was any damage? I'm trying to find out about my parents house in River Forest. I can't get in touch with them at the moment. My mom is in California and I don't have my dad's cell phone #. I hope everyone is safe who stayed!

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Hey Tiffany:

From what I heard, (first hand from the people under their desk at CLECO!) a tornado was around CLECO's service center off of Dove Park Road (off Hwy 59 between Mandeville and Abita). I believe other tornados were spotted outside the Abita area and off of Hwy. 21. I did not hear about any in River Forest (but I might not have heard about it). I live about 5 minutes from River Forest and I have been in the subdivision since Gustav. It seems to have fared pretty well but I did not travel the entire subdivision. A good friend of mine lives in there and in speaking with her, she only noticed 1 house damaged from a tree going through it. She said it was pretty severe damage, I did not see that house. I am not sure if it was a result of the strong winds we got from Gustav or from a tornado. She did comment that this particular house was one that also had a tree through it after Katrina.

I hope this eases your mind some and I hope that wasn't your parent's house. But if they didn't get a tree in Katrina, sounds like the damaged house she saw would not be your parents. If you would like, I could ask her what street that damaged house was on.
Brenda

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

Well, they did have a tree fall on their roof during Katrina and had to replace a good portion of the roof. I don't think it actually went through the roof, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I haven't heard from my parents yet, but I'm hoping it wasn't their house. :( They live just down from what used to be River Forest Academy on the corner of 15 & Patricia.

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Tiffany:

I talked to Christy Biggers and she said there were no trees on the house at the corner of 15th and Patricia (that she could see anyway).

Hope this helps! Hope you are able to reach your parents soon.
Brenda

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

Thank you so much Brenda!! I did finally get my mom on the phone today. They said there is still no power, but they didn't have any damage this time, thankfully. :) My brother who lives in Madisonville had some damage but not too bad. Thanks for checking on it for me!

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Your are welcome, Tiffany. The "not knowing" can be really diffcult. I am surprised that your mom doesn't have power. I thought everyone in River Forest had power restored. I wonder what is up with that? Most of the parish was back on by Thursday or Friday. Hope your brother's house isn't too bad.

Looking better that Ike isn't coming this way! Thank God!
Brenda