Mardi Gras 2008

Anything and everything. Come on in and chew the fat.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Hi everyone!! A little late to talk about Mardi Gras, but we spent Mardi Gras weekend in Lafayette this year -- I was really surprised, but the cajuns put on a pretty good celebration. Jerry, I too tried to post some pics, but it's not working for me either. I'll keep trying.....

Sheri -- post some pics! I want to see your costumes

Phil -- maybe we can plan a get-together while you're in town for Easter.

sheri

Post by sheri »

I've tried a couple times lately to post pics, but it just comes up a blank screen. I'll try again. Mardi Gras was a blast!

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

sheri wrote:I've tried a couple times lately to post pics, but it just comes up a blank screen. I'll try again. Mardi Gras was a blast!
Are you using Windows Vista, and Internet Explorer as well?

If you have Firefox installed, try using that. If you don't have it installed:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

Angie

Pic Trouble

Post by Angie »

Testing...
Attachments
Testing pic problem....this was taken at our Mardi Gras Pawty here in Germany.....those are NOT mine!
Testing pic problem....this was taken at our Mardi Gras Pawty here in Germany.....those are NOT mine!
Angela Eddy Feemster

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

So did you come up with anything on the posting picture problem, Angie? Do you have windows Vista on your computer? I don't know if you have read some of the other posts but a few of us are having that problem. (check out errors) I would love to find the solution.

As to your Mardi Gras party picture " . . . those are not mine" - girl, you should've claimed one of those sets as yours! I would have! :lol:
Brenda

Angie

Pic Problem

Post by Angie »

I did not have a problem posting the test pic at all....I have Vista and I use IE...Dan uses Firefox, but I dont like it. I am not a comp geek so I have no way of knowing what the problem could be, but I have never had a problem on the site.

Yes, I am sure my friends would be proud to know their boobs made the internet....
Angela Eddy Feemster

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Brenda Robinson Jenkins wrote:So did you come up with anything on the posting picture problem, Angie? Do you have windows Vista on your computer? I don't know if you have read some of the other posts but a few of us are having that problem. (check out errors) I would love to find the solution.
Have you tried with Firefox?
Brenda Robinson Jenkins wrote:As to your Mardi Gras party picture " . . . those are not mine" - girl, you should've claimed one of those sets as yours! I would have! :lol:
That's Jerry and I in the pic. I'll let y'all figure out who's who. :lol:
-- Basil Fawlty

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

John you crack me up!! :lol:

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

[quote="jnichelHave you tried with Firefox?

I downloaded Firefox like you suggested in another post. Now, I have to show my computer ignorance because I really don't know what to do with it now. If I click browse to add a pictures, all I know to do is go to my pictures on the computer and click the one to upload which doesn't work. If there is a way to use Firefox, I don't know it. :oops: So if it is something that you can explain simply to a dummy like me, I am all ears.
Brenda

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Brenda Robinson Jenkins wrote:
jnichel wrote:Have you tried with Firefox?
I downloaded Firefox like you suggested in another post. Now, I have to show my computer ignorance because I really don't know what to do with it now. If I click browse to add a pictures, all I know to do is go to my pictures on the computer and click the one to upload which doesn't work. If there is a way to use Firefox, I don't know it. :oops: So if it is something that you can explain simply to a dummy like me, I am all ears.
Did you *install* Firefox? ;)

You use it just like you do IE. It's another web browser.
-- Basil Fawlty

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Okay, I know what you mean. Duh!! :oops:

Now I have officially tried to post from Firefox and it did the same thing. Acts like it is posting and then the screen goes white and nothing.

Angie said she has Vista and IE and has no problems posting - I don't get it.
Brenda

phil

Post by phil »

Brenda Robinson Jenkins wrote:Okay, I know what you mean. Duh!! :oops:

Now I have officially tried to post from Firefox and it did the same thing. Acts like it is posting and then the screen goes white and nothing.

How large are the pictures? You didn't just get a new 12 megapixel camera the same time you got the new computer, did you?
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

phil wrote:
Brenda Robinson Jenkins wrote:Okay, I know what you mean. Duh!! :oops:

How large are the pictures? You didn't just get a new 12 megapixel camera the same time you got the new computer, did you?
Ah-ha, I betcha Phil is onto something there. The files can be no larger than 2mb. Even if it's like 1.8mb, you could still have a problem if your upstream speed is slow...the script will time out after 5 minutes. If the images are big, try resizing them to something like 640x480.
-- Basil Fawlty

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

No new camera - got it in 2004. And I have posted pictures from it on the website before with no problem at all . . . . . that is until that bitch Vista :x

Unless you are saying it has something to do with the combination of Vista and the mb of the file? If so, I have to look at that.
Brenda

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Brenda Robinson Jenkins wrote:No new camera - got it in 2004. And I have posted pictures from it on the website before with no problem at all . . . . . that is until that bitch Vista :x
Brenda, I hate to say it, but maybe you're broken? :twisted:
Brenda Robinson Jenkins wrote:Unless you are saying it has something to do with the combination of Vista and the mb of the file? If so, I have to look at that.
Vista wouldn't come into play if the file is over 2mb. The web server/script would stop it (but you should still see an error message). New ISP, and/or router?
-- Basil Fawlty