Van Halen, Anyone??

Anything and everything. Come on in and chew the fat.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

sheri

Van Halen, Anyone??

Post by sheri »

Van Halen has officially extended their tour past December. Rumour is they will making a stop in New Orleans! The Rock Of New Orleans plans to be the first to leak the news when it is announced...............Can Not Wait!

sheri

oops.

Post by sheri »

Oops. I thought I had posted that appropriately under "Now Playing". Guess I'm out of practice. I should add, though this important tidbit that VH is touring with David Lee Roth!!! yea!

sheri

Post by sheri »

WooHoo! Tickets purchased!
Friday Feb 8, 2008 8:00pm
New Orleans Arena!!
Jerry and Ben (Gina's Hubby) are coming with us too. Can't believe I'm the only girl who wants to go??! Anyhoo, it's going to be great. I can't wait.

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

I've seen them three times (once with Roth, twice with Sammy), but I'm going to skip this go-around.
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

sheri

Post by sheri »

Who was your favorite? Roth or Sammy?
On another note, I heard Hagar might be opening up a Cabo Wabo in New Orleans. That would be cool. Maybe he'd do impromptu performances like Jimmy Buffett at Margaritaville.

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

sheri wrote:Who was your favorite? Roth or Sammy?
On another note, I heard Hagar might be opening up a Cabo Wabo in New Orleans. That would be cool. Maybe he'd do impromptu performances like Jimmy Buffett at Margaritaville.
They were both really good, for different reasons, but if I had to choose, I'd go with Roth. With Hagar, the music was harder, which I like, but the main reason (for me) to go see them is to watch Eddie cut loose. During the Hagar tours, it looked like he kind of toned down his playing a bit, and spent more time behind the keyboards. With Roth, he spent more time doing the things on the guitar which made him famous. Both had tremendous energy; Roth in the Vegas showman style, and Sammy in the hard rocking, kick ass (kind of like a heavy metal Ted Nugent) style.
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

Tonya

Post by Tonya »

Sheri,

What section are you in? Glenn is talking about getting tickets. If he does, we'll try to get close. He was griping that he should have just gotten the tickets when they went on sale, but he usually ends up waiting and using a ticket broker.

Tonya

sheri wrote:WooHoo! Tickets purchased!
Friday Feb 8, 2008 8:00pm
New Orleans Arena!!
Jerry and Ben (Gina's Hubby) are coming with us too. Can't believe I'm the only girl who wants to go??! Anyhoo, it's going to be great. I can't wait.