Moving to Germany

Anything and everything. Come on in and chew the fat.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Angie

Post by Angie »

Yep - been here since July 3 (07)....and am DONE with winter....just returned from a week in Canary Islands where the temp was 80 and we got tans! Returned to Germany where is was cold and wet all week....so, I am totally done....today was a beautiful sunny warm day....kids were out all day playing.....we cooked out and drank wine outside....

Stuttgart (so I hear) is very expensive place to live...we are on base so it does not affect us. You shouldn't have a problem getting a job with AFRICOM....we are here till summer 10.

Let us know about your wine tastings....I have not been to Frankfurt yet....mostly going out of country to Prague, Switz, France, Belgium.....need to use my new Bahn card though!
Angela Eddy Feemster

illenbergerj

Post by illenbergerj »

I know what you mean. We go to Cabo San Lucas Mexico every March and it's a God-send. We need the warmth and sunshine so badly by then. Of course we left Germany in the cold and rain and returned to Germany to snow. :( Even Colorado was warm and sunny compared to here. We did have a nice few hours this past weekend, tulips are going crazy as always. We go to Italy for sun as often as we can, generally flights out of Frankfurt run $120 RT, so we leave a little early on Friday and forget about Germany until Sunday evening.

It's expensive up this way as well. Being this close to Frankfurt we get the overflow from people working there. People wouldn't believe what we pay for rent and utilities.

Are you going to Oktoberfest this year? One of the guys I work with just reserved a box for one of the nights. Not sure who he's inviting yet. I haven't been since 96 or so. It's a whole lotta drinking and standing in the bathroom line. I hardly drink enough to make it worth fighting the crowds for. :oops:
Jan Illenberger

Angie

Post by Angie »

Yeah - I can't drink all those big beers, so i give them away to the men....I like the singing and dancing on the tables part....what fun! It's pretty funny when they play Sweet Home Alabama and every German know the words and they just love those American songs! We will probably go to Oktoberfest....we have a friend who gets all our Fest tickets....Oktober, Wine, and Fruhling.

We are in for some warmer, drier days here this week....time to dry out the ground and have the kids play soccer without all the mud. My friend is going up to Kreukenhof to see all the tulips this weekend....Holland in Spring....will have to go next year.
Angela Eddy Feemster