Moving to Germany

Anything and everything. Come on in and chew the fat.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Angie

Moving to Germany

Post by Angie »

Found out we are moving to Stuttgart, Germany in July for 3 years. I think I heard it has one of the largest Oktoberfest celebrations.....
Angela Eddy Feemster

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Not like the military to wait to the last minute, eh Ang? Can't say we're gonna miss you here in England. :lol: But it has been Lovely.

Best of luck on the move. Enjoy your new country and home.

I've tried posting pictures of our last visit, but haven't had any luck.
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

shane

Post by shane »

What are you and Greg and Jerry doing... trying to one-up each other? I think Greg's got you all beat.

Figures you're moving to Germany and your first thought to us about it is that it's got the largest Oktoberfest; is that a reflection on you or on your classmates (probably both!)?

Hope it's a smooth transition for you and Dan and the kids. Let us know how it's going.
Shane
--
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
- Noel Coward

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Lucky you. I love Germany. You won't be too far away from two of my favorite spots (and where I have 'family'), Heidelberg and Frankfurt. And only a couple of hours away from Munich and the Hofbrau House (mmmmm....beer).
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

Greg Ward

Post by Greg Ward »

shane wrote:What are you and Greg and Jerry doing... trying to one-up each other? I think Greg's got you all beat.

Figures you're moving to Germany and your first thought to us about it is that it's got the largest Oktoberfest; is that a reflection on you or on your classmates (probably both!)?
Hmm, we'll see. We're moving farther, but I think Germany definitely has the better beer!

Angie

Post by Angie »

Yes, I think we are all one upping each other, Shane....I think we all just love to uproot our families to strange places where we dont speak the language....even Jerry....he will have to relearn English!! I think I was trying to coerce my classmates to visit so the Oktoberfest was for you guys....I am not a huge beer drinker....especially German beer. It makes me look pregnant after just 1 with all that yeast and stuff in it! Too filling.

John - We love Munich...have been there once. Went to Hofbrau Haus....what fun! The polka music, brats, spaetzle. saurkraut....yum! Gotta love the men in their suspenders and shorts....I think I will miss kilts!
Angela Eddy Feemster

Greg Ward

Post by Greg Ward »

Angie, I might (its pretty iffy at this point) be in Frankfurt this fall on business. How far is that from Stuttgart?

Greg

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Greg Ward wrote:Angie, I might (its pretty iffy at this point) be in Frankfurt this fall on business. How far is that from Stuttgart?

Greg
About an hour hour and a half drive.
-- Basil Fawlty

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Wow - I missed a lot of action since my last post. Jerry, Angie, Greg, good luck with your moves and have a SAFE trip!
Brenda

Angie

Post by Angie »

Greg Ward wrote:Angie, I might (its pretty iffy at this point) be in Frankfurt this fall on business. How far is that from Stuttgart?

Greg
I have no clue so I would go with Johns response....give us a call and if we are around we can take a daytrip to Frankfurt and meet up with you.
Angela Eddy Feemster

ccoopermetz

Post by ccoopermetz »

Wow! I'm excited about changing jobs from Madisonville to Abita and ya'll are moving around the globe! hahahahahahahahaha

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

John, check this out -- though I've never lived overseas, I CAN actually say that I've been to the Hofbrau House!! Though I was only 7 and coudn't drink the beer, have very vague memories of it. Isn't the beer there warm? My oldest sister's husband is in the Air Force -- they were stationed in Germany at Ramstein when I was very young, and we traveled there one summer. I think we have an old picture somewhere from the Hofbrau House -- I'll see if I can dig it up.

Angie -- all the best on your move!!

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Julie Mathies wrote:John, check this out -- though I've never lived overseas, I CAN actually say that I've been to the Hofbrau House!! Though I was only 7 and coudn't drink the beer, have very vague memories of it. Isn't the beer there warm? My oldest sister's husband is in the Air Force -- they were stationed in Germany at Ramstein when I was very young, and we traveled there one summer. I think we have an old picture somewhere from the Hofbrau House -- I'll see if I can dig it up.
You can get it room temp or cold. I opt for the cold option in the big one liter mug. ;)
-- Basil Fawlty

Angie

made it to Germany

Post by Angie »

Hi Guys, drove from England to France to Belgium to Germany yesterday - 4 countries in 1 day....we are shacked up in a hotel until we get housing. Just wanted to check-in. Hope all is well with everyone.
Angela Eddy Feemster

illenbergerj

Neighbors...

Post by illenbergerj »

Hey Angie, well you're only 1 1/2 hours from where we live. We're up in Reidstadt-Wolfskehlen, a small village, about 20 min south of Frankfurt. We were just in Stuttgart visiting friends two weeks ago. We've been trying to relocate down to Stuttgart for about a year now. Hard enough finding one IT job, try finding two! I didn't realize you guys were over here already, thought you were heading to Ramstein? We'll have to get together sometime. :)

If you two like wine let me know and I'll shoot you an invite to our next wine tasting we go to, they're always entertaining.
Jan Illenberger