John Nichel - remember me now?

Anything and everything. Come on in and chew the fat.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

John Nichel - remember me now?

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Hey John:

My dad's nurse practicioner is not from Covington but mentioned to me that his wife was a CHS graduate. He was unsure of the year but told me her age. I figured out she had to be an 84 graduate. Her name sounded familiar. So I quickly grabbed my 1984 yearbook to look up her picture to see if I recognized her. Well, my yearbook falls open to the back and guess what I happen to discover? You had signed my yearbook. While it 1984 yearbook, we received it and you signed it in our junior year. Apparently we had a class together. 8) (have to admit I can't remember what class :? - might have to pull my high school transcript to see if that might refresh my memory).

Anyway, I couldn't help but remember your post about a picture I was in (powder puff) and you commented something like "Did she go to school with us" - to which Jerry replied "Who are you" or something like that.

I thought it was kind of funny that I found your "autograph" and that you had no recollection of me. :x (And I thought my drinking killed off a lot of brain cells! :shock: ) I was going to send you a private message with a scan of what you wrote in my yearbook.

After discussing it with our dear friend Jerry :wink: , I decided to post it on the website. Somebody :roll: said a public outing seemed more appropriate and I agreed! :P So here it is (I hope!). Don't blame me, the devil, I mean, Jerry :twisted: made me do it! :shock:
Attachments
John autograph.jpg
Brenda

JerryFish

Re: John Nichel - remember me now?

Post by JerryFish »

Brenda Robinson Jenkins wrote: After discussing it with our dear friend Jerry :wink: , I decided to post it on the website. Somebody :roll: said a public outing seemed more appropriate and I agreed! :P So here it is (I hope!). Don't blame me, the devil, I mean, Jerry :twisted: made me do it! :shock:
I love how I get the blame for everything, The Devil????? GEESH!!!

Must admit......LOVE ALWAYS, or at least till graduation..... :P
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Man, I was such a smoothie. 8)
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

JerryFish wrote:I love how I get the blame for everything, The Devil????? GEESH!!!

Sorry Jerry - couldn't resist. Besides, I needed a partner in crime and you were the perfect accomplice! 8)

Must admit......LOVE ALWAYS, or at least till graduation..... :P
Yeah - my thoughts exactly! As soon as he was out of here, I was flushed down the toilet! :shock:

Just picking on you John! 8) - I just couldn't overcome the urge! No will power. :o
Brenda

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

jnichel wrote:Man, I was such a smoothie. 8)
That you were, John! What happened? :shock: :D

Jerry - I messed up my reply to you - part of my reply is in your quoted section. :oops:
Brenda

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Brenda Robinson Jenkins wrote:Yeah - my thoughts exactly! As soon as he was out of here, I was flushed down the toilet! :shock:
I blame Jerry.
Brenda Robinson Jenkins wrote:That you were, John! What happened?
I blame Jerry for that too. Once I saw him at nuke school in the Navy, I knew life was a cruel joke. :twisted: :lol:
-- Basil Fawlty

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

I guess you guys are next gonna blame me for the Titanic sinking. Now I know how Rodney Dangerfield felt!!!!!! :roll:
Jerry Cottrell

Will Rogers

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

But we all still love you Jerry!! Guess the devil works in mysterious ways too, eh?? :twisted:

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

jnichel wrote:I blame Jerry.

I blame Jerry for that too. Once I saw him at nuke school in the Navy, I knew life was a cruel joke. :twisted: :lol:
Damn! Jerry made you forget who the hell I was AND ruined your smooth talking women abilities? Was he that bad at Nuke School, that you were like Oh Shit! We are all gonna die now?! :shock:
Brenda

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Think about it. First I realize that the Navy would consider letting me close to the nuclear reactors, then I find out they would even consider Jerry. Pretty bleak future, eh? :lol:
-- Basil Fawlty

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

JerryFish wrote:I guess you guys are next gonna blame me for the Titanic sinking. Now I know how Rodney Dangerfield felt!!!!!! :roll:
Man, you get no respect! :shock: :lol:

Julie is right, we are only picking on you because we love you :D and we know you can take it like a man! :P
Brenda

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

jnichel wrote:Think about it. First I realize that the Navy would consider letting me close to the nuclear reactors, then I find out they would even consider Jerry. Pretty bleak future, eh? :lol:
Yep - pretty bleak indeed! :lol: I think I might have forgotten everything except where to find the closest establishment with alcohol! :shock:
Brenda

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

jnichel wrote:Think about it. First I realize that the Navy would consider letting me close to the nuclear reactors, then I find out they would even consider Jerry. Pretty bleak future, eh? :lol:
I'll have you know I spent three and a half years underwater pushing that damn reactor around. Making holes in the ocean as they say. Now that's bleak.... :?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Jerry Cottrell

Will Rogers

ccoopermetz

button pushing

Post by ccoopermetz »

i remember when i first heard that jerry was being trained to push the button all i could think was, oh my god if some beautiful woman from 'enemy lines' tempts him, we are all in alot of trouble!!

jnichel
Site Admin

Re: button pushing

Post by jnichel »

ccoopermetz wrote:i remember when i first heard that jerry was being trained to push the button all i could think was, oh my god if some beautiful woman from 'enemy lines' tempts him, we are all in alot of trouble!!
Luckily a 'nukes' in the Navy aren't the one's who push the button, they run the reactors. Not that I ever got to run one...I was kick out of the nuke program in Power School (the second of three schools a nuke has to complete). We had a 500 mile liberty limit on weekends, and I broke that by coming home one weekend. Still not 100% sure how they found out...either someone ratted me out (probably Jerry, that creep :twisted: ), or the speeding ticket I got between Slidell and Covington.
-- Basil Fawlty