Aw, You shouldn't have!

Anything and everything. Come on in and chew the fat.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

sheri

Aw, You shouldn't have!

Post by sheri »

What's the Best Christmas present you ever got? The Worst?!

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

I really don't remember any bad Christmas presents (though I got some pretty strange wedding gifts!!)

The best gift I ever got was in 1981 -- I think I was in 7th Grade (can't remember)...I got a Honda Express Moped -- it was blue with a windshield...some of you may remember it. I have a picture of it somewhere....I will have to dig that up. As a matter of fact, somewhere on the Site, Jan posted those "pool party" pictures from my parents house....in the group picture of us, PJ was on it!! That bike stuck around for many years. My dad gave it to the neighbors next door when I went off to college.

That same year, we got an Atari....whew! Space Invaders & Missile Command! What a Christmas!!

sheri

Post by sheri »

O.K. Best gift EVER - Christmas 1977 when I got my Lime Green, banana-seat Huffy Bicycle. That was THE best bike I ever had. I swear if I had it today I would still ride it!
This Best Gift is closely followed by last years Best Gift from HusbandJohn:
DRUMS. Full set, Black Metallic. It's something I always wanted, and NEVER expected. A year later, I still suck at playing, but ya know what they say, Practice, Practice, Practice!
Worst Gift Ever. This one's easy. 10th grade their was a box under the tree for me that I just NEW had to be what I had been asking for: a new "Jam Box" . (forgive me it WAS 1983). Christmas morning, BrotherJohn opens HIS gift to get the new Jam Box, and mine is a brand new Electric Typewriter. My Mom said it would be helpful in the future - and since I was doing so well in Mrs. Stonecypher's class! (Mom still has it - in her attic - "just in case I ever need it"!). Yep, Worst Gift Ever.

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

I was going to get you drum sticks last year after hanging out with you at the snoball stand, but then I thought, NO WAY is John buying you a drum set....I should have believed.....Sorry....I owe you a set of sticks.....or type writer ribbon.....your choice. :twisted:
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

ccoopermetz

Post by ccoopermetz »

Best gift: a toss up between the cabbage patch doll that EVERYONE wanted...and the EZ Bake Oven a few years after...

Worst gift: anything I received the year I knew there was no santa.

Angie

Post by Angie »

Best: 3-story Barbie condo equipped with elevator and bubble bath. (Will be quickly replaced with birth of nephew any day now!)

Worst: Mustard colored socks
Angela Eddy Feemster

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Speaking of great gifts, look what I got this year for Christmas.....

This is Blaze...a male brindle boxer. He's almost 9 weeks old.
Attachments
Blaze
Blaze

lapochevide

Post by lapochevide »

Jules--

I'm jealous!! He's beautiful. You'll have to bring to AL to play.

Cathy

Dan

Post by Dan »

Worst Gift!!!

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

Julie, he's so cute, what a great gift!!!