Happy Thanksgiving Day

Anything and everything. Come on in and chew the fat.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

JerryFish

Happy Thanksgiving Day

Post by JerryFish »

Just wanted to wish everyone a very Happy Turkey Day, tommorrow. Enjoy a cold beer or glass a wine for me, as I'll be working. Won't really be able to celebrate it until Saturday. You don't really get a feeling for it over here, with everyone working or in school. I kind of miss real Thanksgiving. At least we have Christmas........
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

Angie

Post by Angie »

Aw...Jerry! Wish you guys could come over here....Dan would love some company frying that turkey! I hear the winds tomorrow are supposed to be about 25mph. Not good for frying a bird, but nothing will stop my Dan! We are having another American family over. So, there will be 9 of us. You guys have a nice Thanksgiving on Saturday!
Angela Eddy Feemster

Tonya

Post by Tonya »

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone also.

We will be heading to beautiful Venice, LA and staying in the camper so we can be with my husband while he is working. Thankfully, we will be eating Thanksgiving dinner with his work. I will be thinking about everyone out there that is trying to prepare their Thanksgiving dinner in a FEMA trailer. That will be no small feat. I don't think there is any way you could even shove a small turkey into the little oven in a camper.

Tonya

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

A very happy Thanksgiving to everyone & their families!!!! Let's all touch base next week and talk about what we did!! I can't wait to hear, and see pictures!!

madonnatoneygiacona

Post by madonnatoneygiacona »

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Madonna

mark

hosting

Post by mark »

We're hosting a pretty good crowd at our house. Dad & Stepmom, big brother and his family, and quite a few from my wife's side. About 25 I guess...it'll be a feast! :mrgreen:
Mark J Leach

leslie71091

Post by leslie71091 »

hope everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday..like mark, we're having a big family gathering at my sisters and thankfully i'm only in charge of desserts because i am NOT a cook!! i'm not sure if some of you are still getting together this weekend with dan but have fun if you do..my son's last game is at ULL this weekend so we'll be tailgating in cajun country..oh, and angie-if you are reading this, i sent your package about 1 1/2 week ago..happy thanksgiving, leslie

lapochevide

Post by lapochevide »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

This year will be a traditoinal feast with my sister, brother, and their families. Anyone ever go non-traditional. One year, Clay, myself and the kids went to the Imax and ate @ Burger King. We actually saw other people we knew down there.

Angie

Post by Angie »

Happy Thanksgiving from the Motherland, Everyone!
Angela Eddy Feemster

tlsmith

Post by tlsmith »

Happy Thanksgiving to all!! We are heading out to Lake Ramsey to the In-laws for a small family gathering. Have a great day! nicole

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Angie wrote:Aw...Jerry! Wish you guys could come over here....Dan would love some company frying that turkey! I hear the winds tomorrow are supposed to be about 25mph. Not good for frying a bird, but nothing will stop my Dan!
It might not be too bad, I have to stay home tommorrow to care for Colin. So I might get the day to prepare, and tonight to relax. Plus the LSU game tommorrow night.

I've shown co-workers pictures of my frying turkey and they ask why I'm cooking it in a bucket....... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Lordy Lordy....... :D
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

LOL Jerry!

Happy belated Thanksgiving to everyone! Amber and I, since we have no family here in S.C., went to Cracker Barrell for our Thanksgiving dinner. Amber had chicken strips. :roll: I did start yesterday off with taking the "Turkey Burn" 90-min spinning class at the gym and managed 22.2 miles. It made me feel a little less guilty about that big piece of pumkin pie I had. lol

So who is out shopping on Black Friday??? Not me, I'm at work. :(

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Tiffany, I was off on Friday and decided that I would brave the Black Friday frenzy, even after I told myself several years ago NEVER AGAIN. But, I have to say, it wasn't that bad this time. Probably because our main stop was Academy....we have quite a few "outdoorsmen" to buy for, so I did most of my shopping there. I was very impressed with them.....they had everything they advertised, and in large quantities. We hit Best Buy & Circuit City just for the hell of it, but most of their specials were long gone. I stayed as far away as I could from Walmart.

JonBarton

Post by JonBarton »

Happy Belated Thanksgiving to all my classmates. We had a wonderful one. Jackie and I and the boys went to her folks house in Asheville, NC on Wed...had a yummy traditional turkey dinner, then I slipped off with a pal and his teenage sons for a few days of Deer Hunting in the mountains of Virginia in the George Washington National Forest. Two days of cool but perfect weather outdoors from sunup to sundown There were 8 Father/sons pairs from my friends church. We stayed in an old log cabin with a wood stove. I helped cook dinner on Sunday, in a dutch oven on the wood stove. the Chicken came out perfect. (it was destined to be burned, but I got lucky). For all you bambi lovers out there, no deer were killed or injured for that matter, even seen, despite my best efforts.

lapochevide

Post by lapochevide »

Jon,

Clay and I went to Rosman, NC for our honeymoon. Is that anywhere near Ashville? I'm not sure if I mentioned before how much I enjoyed meeting your wife. She is very sweet. Take Care!

Cathy