Prayer Requests

Anything and everything. Come on in and chew the fat.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

lapochevide

Isabel

Post by lapochevide »

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give a quick update. Isabel is in remission but still has to finish this round of chemo. The steroids she is on has her puffy and bloated. She was able to join her class the last day b/f Thanksgiving for a few hours. Chemo makes her pretty sick. My friend at Northlake said mom, Egla, is having a real hard time with everything and is pretty negative about it all. Please pray for the mom, too.

Thanks,

Cathy

Angie

Post by Angie »

Melinda - does anyone in your families have thalassemia? It is highly hereditary especially in people with mediterranean background. My son was mistakenly diagnosed with it when he was 2. I hope your son starts feeling better soon.
Angela Eddy Feemster

melindam

Post by melindam »

Angie, My husband, his mother, grandmother and uncle all have it. We are going to another doctor today for a second opinion on the other illness though. He's just not getting any better.

madonnatoneygiacona

Re: Isabel

Post by madonnatoneygiacona »

lapochevide wrote:Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give a quick update. Isabel is in remission but still has to finish this round of chemo. The steroids she is on has her puffy and bloated. She was able to join her class the last day b/f Thanksgiving for a few hours. Chemo makes her pretty sick. My friend at Northlake said mom, Egla, is having a real hard time with everything and is pretty negative about it all. Please pray for the mom, too.

Thanks,

Cathy

Cathy - we will continue to pray for Isabel - and the family as well!

madonnatoneygiacona

Alex

melindam wrote:Hey everyone!
It's been a while since I posted. I went out of the country from Nov1-8. When I got back, Alex(the cute one with pictures all over this forum)had strep throat and bronchitis. He also has asthma and it's hard to get over bronchitis. The next week, he started having chest pain and difficulty breathing along with a high fever. He's missed 3 weeks and 1 day of school so far with this. He was diagnosed with Mycoplastic Pneumonia. He's also been diagnosed with a blood disorder called Beta Thallasemia Minor. He's still having chest pain and fever after finishing up his antibiotics. He's lost about 7-10 pounds and is very weak and pale. We have an appointment with another doctor for a second opinion on the pneumonia. Please keep Alex in your prayers. He's usually a happy go lucky kid who's always clowning around and now he can just get up from bed, eat something and then has to go right back to lying down. It's killing me to see him like this. Hopefully we will get some answers from this other doctor.
I will keep the other kids on this topic in my prayers as well and will add them to the prayer chain at my church.
Melinda

Melinda - please keep us posted on Alex!
I will keep you & your family along with everyone else in our prayers.

Madonna Toney Giacona 8)

sheri

Post by sheri »

Melinda, whats the word from the Second Opinion Doctor? Has Alex shown any improvement?
Sheri Sable Campbell

sheri

Post by sheri »

Melinda, whats the word from the Second Opinion Doctor? Has Alex shown any improvement?
Sheri Sable Campbell

melindam

Post by melindam »

Same news. She said it may take 6 to 8 weeks for him to get over it but thank God his fever broke today! He's still tired and grumpy but things are looking up. He's going to try to go to school for a half a day tomorrow. We're on a new antibiotic and medicine for his chest seeing how the antibiotic he was on was the wrong one. Keep praying! Thanks guys!

Tonya

Post by Tonya »

melindam wrote:Same news. She said it may take 6 to 8 weeks for him to get over it but thank God his fever broke today! He's still tired and grumpy but things are looking up. He's going to try to go to school for a half a day tomorrow. We're on a new antibiotic and medicine for his chest seeing how the antibiotic he was on was the wrong one. Keep praying! Thanks guys!
Melinda,

I'm glad the fever broke for him. I have been keeping him in my thoughts. I know it's really hard on me when mine are just a little sick. You feel so bad for them. Hopefully this new antibiotic will help him.

Tonya

Tonya

Re: Isabel

Post by Tonya »

madonnatoneygiacona wrote:
lapochevide wrote:Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Cathy

I will be especially praying for the mom. From experience of things I have seen and heard, it really helps the person fighting the disease when the people they love and are around them most are able to keep a positive attitude. I am also sure it is very hard to be going through something like this, especially for a second time, and not tend to get down. What a horrible thing to be faced with.

Tonya

ccoopermetz

ashleigh otis

Post by ccoopermetz »

went to the sight. all that red hair and that big happy smile! she's a gorgeous baby. Mom and Dad look more relaxed in the more recent photos. I can't imagine what they are enduring!

evaguillorypunch

Post by evaguillorypunch »

This note of inspiration is dedicated to Alex, Ashleigh, Isabel, and Jessica. It is also dedicated to the loved ones who persevere through the trial.

FOOTPRINTS

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand;one belonged to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned the LORD about it. "LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied, "My precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then I carried you."

Eva

Tina Li

Post by Tina Li »

I hate to hear about little ones being sick. I'm glad to hear that Isabel and Alex are doing better.

Tonya, I had no idea Jason was going through all that. I went to the website and could not believe that that was the little Jason I remember you shooing out of your room all those years ago. Ashleigh is beautiful, and despite having all those problems, does not look sickly. My heart goes out to him. My daughter was in the NICU for over a month when she was born, so the picture of Ashleigh with all the intravenous lines is all too familiar to me.

madonnatoneygiacona

Sean - My heart goes out to you and your family! I know this is hard. I will continue to pray for her and your family as well. If you should need anything, please never hesitate to contact us!

Madonna Toney Giacona

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

Sean, my prayers are with you and your family. I know what you are going through as my brother went through this with his daughter during Thanksgiving 3 years ago. Keep us posted on how your little girl is doing.