Prayer Requests

Anything and everything. Come on in and chew the fat.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

lapochevide

Prayer Requests

Post by lapochevide »

I'm starting this new section because of a schoolmate of my son Jesse. Most of us at one time or another has eaten @ George's in Mandeville, right? We'll Jesse has gone to Northlake (b/f the move) with Isabel Cano, daughter of the owner since they were 5. In Transitional Kindergarten, Isabel was diagnosed with Leukemia and had to leave school. Her treatments were successful and she has been doing well. Just recently and just shy of her 5 year remission/cure mark her cancer has returned. She is undergoing treatment and her cure rate is 35%. She is an absolutely precious child and I can't imagine what they are having to endure all over again. Please send up a quick prayer for her and her family.

Thanks,

Cathy

madonnatoneygiacona

Post by madonnatoneygiacona »

Hey Cathy

I will definetly keep her in our prayers (and her family)! How have you been?

Madonna

Tonya

Post by Tonya »

We will add her to our thoughts and prayers.

Since we have this topic now, if anyone would like to add my little niece to their prayer list, it would be much appreciated. She is approaching 6 months old and is still at Children's Hosp. in Birmingham. She has underdeveloped tracheal and brochial tubes which have caused her to have major lung problems. They have already had to remove a portion of her left lung. She is on a ventilator hooked up throught the trach they had to do, a feeding tube that extends all the way to her intestines and the list just goes on. The baby has a long journey ahead of her and what has kept my brother and his wife strong is knowing that others are keeping all of them but especially her in their prayers. If anyone would like to check her out to see how cute she is, read about her journey, or send them words of encouragement you can visit her website. It's www.ashleighotis.net The user name is come and the password is home.

Thanks,
Tonya

lapochevide

Post by lapochevide »

Hey Madonna,

I've been well. Working and raising kids. I am currently a homemaker. My son loves Rags. That's ya'lls, right? Have you been in the Cov area since high school?

Thanks for your prayers!

lapochevide

Post by lapochevide »

Tonya,

I went to Ashleigh's site. She is beautiful. Please keep us up to date. What is her long term prognosis? Have they been able to tell your brother anything yet? How do I get log in info for more of Ashleigh's site? You can e-mail me if necessary.

Cathy

Angie

Post by Angie »

Tonya - thanks for the site....Ashleigh is adorable. I cannot believe that Jason is all grown up and handsome and has a family! The years have just flown by us haven't they? I will keep Ashleigh and your brother's family in my thoughts and I will check the website regularly.
Angela Eddy Feemster

madonnatoneygiacona

Tonya

God Bless your family. Ashleigh is adorable. We will keep her in our daily thoughts and prayers.

I hope everyone has a "Happy Thanksgiving"

Madonna

evaguillorypunch

Post by evaguillorypunch »

Tonya,

Ashleigh is precious. I will keep her in my daily prayers. The family seems very secure in their love for Christ and each other.

Keep us posted,

Eva

evaguillorypunch

Post by evaguillorypunch »

Cathy,

I will be lifting up Isabel through this uncertain time.
My daughter recently cut her hair for " Locks For Love". She has a heart for children with cancer. I will share Isabel's story and we will pray for her as a family.

In His Service,

Eva

mark

God is near the little ones

Post by mark »

It's tough seeing these little ones go through so much. Every time I see this thread it reminds me to pray for them...and their families.
Mark J Leach

madonnatoneygiacona

lapochevide wrote:Hey Madonna,

I've been well. Working and raising kids. I am currently a homemaker. My son loves Rags. That's ya'lls, right? Have you been in the Cov area since high school?

Thanks for your prayers!

Hey Cathy
YES - thats us :D I did move to Orlando for 5 years. Other than that, I have been in the Covington/Abita area. I have 2 beautiful children: Nicole - 11 and Drew - 20. My son just graduated from the Marines (the weekend of the reunion). He is also a graduate of CHS 8)
Are you in Alabama? Did your husband get transferred - how did you end up there? As soon as I get another digital camera, I will post pics. We were in the Bahamas and my husband had the digital camera in his front shirt pocket and he went to get off the boat - the camera fell in the saltwater. Needless to say, I was able to save the memory card, but not the camera!!

Madonna Toney Giacona

lapochevide

Post by lapochevide »

Hey Madonna,

We married in '88 and stayed in the area until '92. We then lived for 5 years in the Hahnville/Luling area. Clay took a transfer. Moved back in '98 and in May of '05 took a new job. We actually didn't move until this past June. Clay's boss gave us a year to look for schools, houses, etc. So we strectched it out. I was a teacher until the end of the 02 school year then I quit-I'd had enuf!! Worked for a dentist for 3 years and then quit altogether to get ready to move. Now I am a stay-at-home Mom and I am busier than I ever was. "Stay-at-home" is a misnomer. Sarah will be 16 in two weeks. I'll post her pic with her truck since she'll be able to drive and Jesse is 11 and will be 12 on April Fools' Day. He is very proud of his birthdate. We'll stop by the restaurant next time we're in town.

Cathy

madonnatoneygiacona

Cathy,

I definetly know what you mean about being a stay at home mother. It is actually more of a "real" job. That was me, until a few months ago. I am an office manager for a "Teleradiology" company :D
Please let me know when u come in town. I would love to see ya!

God Bless
Madonna

I am keeping everyone in my prayers!

melindam

Post by melindam »

Hey everyone!
It's been a while since I posted. I went out of the country from Nov1-8. When I got back, Alex(the cute one with pictures all over this forum)had strep throat and bronchitis. He also has asthma and it's hard to get over bronchitis. The next week, he started having chest pain and difficulty breathing along with a high fever. He's missed 3 weeks and 1 day of school so far with this. He was diagnosed with Mycoplastic Pneumonia. He's also been diagnosed with a blood disorder called Beta Thallasemia Minor. He's still having chest pain and fever after finishing up his antibiotics. He's lost about 7-10 pounds and is very weak and pale. We have an appointment with another doctor for a second opinion on the pneumonia. Please keep Alex in your prayers. He's usually a happy go lucky kid who's always clowning around and now he can just get up from bed, eat something and then has to go right back to lying down. It's killing me to see him like this. Hopefully we will get some answers from this other doctor.
I will keep the other kids on this topic in my prayers as well and will add them to the prayer chain at my church.
Melinda

lapochevide

Isabel

Post by lapochevide »

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give a quick update. Isabel is in remission but still has to finish this round of chemo. The steroids she is on has her puffy and bloated. She was able to join her class the last day b/f Thanksgiving for a few hours. Chemo makes her pretty sick. My friend at Northlake said mom, Egla, is having a real hard time with everything and is pretty negative about it all. Please pray for the mom, too.

Thanks,

Cathy