Now Playing

Anything and everything. Come on in and chew the fat.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

lapochevide

Post by lapochevide »

Thanks for the tip John!

Cathy

sheri

Message in a bottle

Post by sheri »

Heads Up to all of you 80's Music Junkies out there (you know who you are!) All of the original members of the POLICE are reuniting on Sunday night to open the Grammy show. I can't be the only one who is SO EXCITED about this. Wonder what they'll play? Although I have many Police favorites, if they played Roxanne I just don't think it could any better.

phil

Re: Message in a bottle

Post by phil »

sheri wrote:Heads Up to all of you 80's Music Junkies out there (you know who you are!) All of the original members of the POLICE are reuniting on Sunday night to open the Grammy show. I can't be the only one who is SO EXCITED about this. Wonder what they'll play? Although I have many Police favorites, if they played Roxanne I just don't think it could any better.
My wife almost wet herself when she heard about that. :lol:
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

phil wrote:
sheri wrote:Heads Up to all of you 80's Music Junkies out there (you know who you are!) All of the original members of the POLICE are reuniting on Sunday night to open the Grammy show. I can't be the only one who is SO EXCITED about this. Wonder what they'll play? Although I have many Police favorites, if they played Roxanne I just don't think it could any better.
I never was a big Police fan, but I got that feeling this week when a rumor was leaked about some concert dates for the new Rush album, and Buffalo is on the list. :D

NP: Rush - La Villa Strangiato (Exit...Stage Left version)
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

shane

Post by shane »

phil wrote:
Already have the TiVO programmed. Always loved the Police and have everything they did.

Rush would be something to see, too, John. Don't think they'd make it down here, but then, fewer big shows like that come down here now than did pre-K. Hope you get to see them!
Shane
--
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
- Noel Coward

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

shane wrote:Rush would be something to see, too, John. Don't think they'd make it down here, but then, fewer big shows like that come down here now than did pre-K. Hope you get to see them!
The last time they were in New Orleans was for the Test For Echo tour in December of '96. I had to go to Dallas and Houston to see them for the Vapor Trails tour, and was already living in Buffalo when they came here for R30/Feedback. I've seen every tour since Moving Pictures in '81, and next show will be my 20th. Okay, I'm an obsessed fan. :lol:
-- Basil Fawlty

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

NP: Metallica - Harvester Of Sorrow
-- Basil Fawlty

phil

Post by phil »

jnichel wrote:NP: Metallica - Harvester Of Sorrow

NP: Mountain - Mississippi Queen

phil

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Angie wrote: My 8 year old's playlist these days:
Van Halen
Johnny Lang
Jack Johnson
I noticed he had Jimmy Buffet on it, too, while playing Legos/Star Wars in his room with him and Colin.
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

Angie

Post by Angie »

yes, Kyle loves Buffett, too....he also likes Cowboy Mouth...his fave "How Do You Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore"....isnt he too young to like a title like that!? I told him he needs some Stones on his iPod...so I am working on that.....I bought my daughter her 1st Hannah Montana CD the other day....she loves it, but she is also a huge Enya and Jack Johnson fan.....

Greg - I noticed in your list of music that you like Maroon 5...I really like them, but they need a new album (they kinda slipped into the "boy band" realm for me lately and they are totally NOT boy band, but they got too popular). I hear their new album is coming out in May. Dan and I saw them in CO Springs for my birthday in 2003. We actually went to this bar (very small venue like Tipitina's) to see Cowboy Mouth and M5 opened up for them....I was bummed and only wanted to see CM, but they were awesome on stage....we have seen them twice now. The place was empty then when they were first starting out....we could go up to the stage and just talk to them and be 2 of 20 people dancing when they played....now you cant get anywhere near the stage.....if you can ever see M5 in concert they are great on stage. Greg, I have also dicovered John Mayer lately....like his new album. Kinda mellow guy, but nice for a relax.

My taste in music is so incredibly polarized....I love progressive jazz and old Nawlins jazz/blues (Muddy Waters is a fave and if you have not seen Ellis Marsalis play at Snug Harbor you MUST!! Intimate venue...you can reach out and touch him!), reggae, Buffett (he is in a class by himself) and alternative, good old R&R and metal. I don't like country very much, but it is slowly growing on me and I do not like the death metal stuff...I do love Metallica....

Lately, I am listening to loads of Buffett because spring is here and the weather is great (sounds like one of his songs..."The Weather is Here, I Wish You Were Beautiful"), Radiators (remember them?), Kings of Leon, White Stripes (love them!), My Chemical Romance (kinda dark band), James Blunt (UK) and Kaiser Chiefs...but, I still do listen to the occasional ACDC, TSOL (old stuff), Doors (yes!!), Pink Floyd (I still have The Wall completely memorized and my husband thinks I am whacked!)....the Australian Pink Floyd Tribute Band is playing here next week and I am very tempted to get tickets.....they are supposed to be one of the best tribute bands for PF. Hey, has anyone watched Wizard of Oz with "Dark Side of the Moon" album? Does anyone know the connection? We've done it...so neat. You start WOZ video and on the 2nd or 3rd MGM lion roar (cant remember which roar, but it's important so find out) you start the CD (only have the CD volume up) and listen to the whole CD (which ends before the movie)....there are loads of coincidences throughout between the lyrics and the video...very cool. Something to do on a rainy day. We did it on a very rainy day in Cape Cod (Harwich) with friends in 2000. My 2yr old brought the video and we brought Floyd - LOL. There were some lobsters involved as well.
Angela Eddy Feemster

sheri

Post by sheri »

Hey Angie, the new M5 single is already getting airplay here in the states. It's called Makes Me Wonder, and its really good! A little different for them though, with a some funk infused in it. I love it.

phil

Post by phil »

sheri wrote:Hey Angie, the new M5 single is already getting airplay here in the states. It's called Makes Me Wonder, and its really good! A little different for them though, with a some funk infused in it. I love it.
Funny. I thought you were talking about the MC5.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MC5
:D

phil

Greg Ward

Post by Greg Ward »

Greg - I noticed in your list of music that you like Maroon 5...I really like them, but they need a new album (they kinda slipped into the "boy band" realm for me lately and they are totally NOT boy band, but they got too popular). I hear their new album is coming out in May. Dan and I saw them in CO Springs for my birthday in 2003. We actually went to this bar (very small venue like Tipitina's) to see Cowboy Mouth and M5 opened up for them....I was bummed and only wanted to see CM, but they were awesome on stage....we have seen them twice now. The place was empty then when they were first starting out....we could go up to the stage and just talk to them and be 2 of 20 people dancing when they played....now you cant get anywhere near the stage.....if you can ever see M5 in concert they are great on stage. Greg, I have also dicovered John Mayer lately....like his new album. Kinda mellow guy, but nice for a relax.
I've been a John Mayer fan for quite a while. He's a very good song writer. His lyrics caught my attention first, but he is an incredible guitar player too. Latest album is a bit mello, and Sarah doesn't like it because it is too depressing, but the blues stuff is excellent.

I got into M5 kind of late. I didn't really get into them when they were getting a lot of air time. They have a lot more musical depth than a boy band, but I didn't realize it from the radio. Anyway, think I heard Secret on a movie soundtrack and started listening to some of their stuff on iTunes and got hooked. The latest single is off a new Album, but I'm not sure when it is due out.

Greg[/quote]

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Mama Kin - Aerosmith
-- Basil Fawlty

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Metallica - Battery