Now Playing

Anything and everything. Come on in and chew the fat.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Good thing about being old and listening to old music. If the artists are still touring, you can usually get good seats cheap. :lol:

Unless of course it's someone like the Stones or Eagles that is.
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

madonnatoneygiacona

Post by madonnatoneygiacona »

John - SEVERAL years ago, I had the chance to go see "The Eagles" If I am not mistaken, it was their Final Tour (???) It was all (???) the originals that were in the band. AWESOME concert. YEP - the tickets were very expensive BUT well worth the money.

Madonna

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Madonna,

I went to see the Eagles in the Dome around 1995. Excellent concert. But I think even then they were running $80 a pop or more.
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

I saw the "Hell Freezes Over Tour". Tickets for the floor were going for up to $500. The only reason I went is because I won tickets off of WCKW (back when they still played decent music...they were just, 92.3). Debated selling the tickets (3rd row), but figured I wouldn't get another chance to see them.
-- Basil Fawlty

lapochevide

Post by lapochevide »

I am still a very big Country fan. My children also like it but Sarah listens to pop and some rock. My son, who is an old man stuck in an 11 years olds body, loves the Beach boys, all eighties music and has recently discovered Guns and Roses and that style of music. I think they swithced my baby at the hospital. Anybody else listen to country?

Cathy

tlsmith

Post by tlsmith »

JerryFish wrote:Madonna,

I went to see the Eagles in the Dome around 1995. Excellent concert. But I think even then they were running $80 a pop or more.
It was July of 1994. I remember it well as I was about to give birth to our 1st daughter. I bought tickets for Todd for his birthday and he went with Cliff Guillory(Evas bro). They had a blast!! we also saw Pink Floyd at the beginning of that year. Early pregnant, but took a chance. Again, a blast. Both times lucked out and got GREAT seats--floor both times. Always say if they ever tour again, would like for my kids to see them. My 12 year old like norma, girly stuff, but also can be an old soul at times. Nicole

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

lapochevide wrote:Anybody else listen to country?

Cathy
I listen to some. Grew up with old country music (it's all my father listened to); Hank Sr., Charlie Rich and Pride, Waylon, etc. I don't listen to any of that these days though. Any country I have in my playlists usually has a Southern Rock flavor to it, like Hank Jr. and Charlie Daniels. But I'm also a pretty big fan of Randy Travis.
-- Basil Fawlty

phil

Post by phil »

Cathy
Hank III

http://www.hank3.com/

Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

shane

Post by shane »

phil wrote:

Cathy
Hank III

http://www.hank3.com/

Oh yeah, I heard Hank III a few years ago from a co-worker at the library. Musically, as Jr was to Sr, III is to Jr.

Lost all my songs from him when a drive crashed on me a couple of years ago and never replaced them. Have to rectify that.
Shane
--
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
- Noel Coward

madonnatoneygiacona

Post by madonnatoneygiacona »

Cathy - I do listen to country music. When I am in my truck and I am by myself thats about the only time I get to listen to it. When my daughter is with me - she always manages to change the channel.

Jerry - I saw the Eagles at the Mississippi Gulf Coast Coliseium. It was AWESOME.

Madonna Toney Giacona

JonBarton

Post by JonBarton »

I've gone Country....

Love Allison Kraus,
lots of Bluegrass,
like some of the Dixie Chicks, although they did tick me off with everybody else, a few years back.
George Strait,
Sara Evans,...

Been resdiscovering Johnny Cash...(actually first time).

on the Christian Labels...
anything Fernando Ortega.
anything Michael Card.

I still love Christian Hymns most of all, the best ones are at least 100 years old.

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Cathy, do you listen to our American Idol Carrie Underwood??? Here's some Trivia for you.....she was a Tri Sigma! Cool huh? The sorority did a HUGE push for her when she was on the show, trying to get everyone to vote. Seems I got an email from the sorority about every other day.

leslie71091

Post by leslie71091 »

cathy, i love,love,love country music..i'm with you girl..george strait,keith urban(awesome songwriter too), tim mcgraw,kenny chesney, allison krauss, brad paisley, gary allen are some of my favorites but i also love alot of christian music by various artists..yes, i do love mercy me's -i can only imagine but i also love the song "spoken for"..we sing it in church and it is soooo moving..i'm like a limewire junkie so i burn alot of cd's by catergory...christian song, country songs, christmas, musicals(which are one of my favorites)..i burned a cd with songs from evita,phantom of the opera, cats, and a musical piece from the movie "last of the mohicans"..i think it's a john williams piece..if anyone ever has time and wants a beautiful piece of music...download this piece from "last of the mohicans" where daniel day lewis is running up the mountain to try and save his lover's sister..it is just a wonderful piece of music, kind of has a irish sound to it..i also have a sort of one hit wonder cd that has the song from "billy jack"..any one remember??(you see i had 5 brothers..)..if i sit here any longer, i'll probably start writing about all the other music/songs i like so i'll stop for now...happy thanksgiving..leslie..p.s. cathy, we came back from troy early -early sunday because i was sick and david had work things to finish..but..we will get together!!

lapochevide

Post by lapochevide »

I checked out the Hank 3 site. Um--good music but lyrics sounded like Karaoke nite at the Pub. No offense--although I only gave it about 3 minutes. Does it grow on you??

Leslie, I love all the groups and people you mentioned plus Jason Aldean, Rascal Flatts, and did you mention Dierks Bentley? Whoa is he cute. :lol: I still love old ones like Kenny Rogers (b/f the plastic surgery) Alabama, etc.

And yes, Julie I love Carrie Underwood! Her latest song would have been helpful back in high school. :twisted: 8)

Jon--do you like "A closer walk with Thee?'' My dad was a singer (hobby) and used to do a spoof of it entitled "Just a bowl of Butter beans". When they played the hymn at my grandfathers funeral ( I was 13) I almost laughed out loud. I feel guilty now for it but it was funny back then.

P. S. to anyone: Does anyone have or know where I can get a Eurythmics CD. Jesse loves the lady with red hair and "Sweet Dreams"?

Cathy

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

lapochevide wrote:P. S. to anyone: Does anyone have or know where I can get a Eurythmics CD. Jesse loves the lady with red hair and "Sweet Dreams"?

Cathy
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BG ... 41-0432056
-- Basil Fawlty