Thank YOU

Anything and everything. Come on in and chew the fat.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

jnichel
Site Admin

Re: 25-year Reunion

Post by jnichel »

Tonya wrote:
lapochevide wrote:What about a 25-year reunion cruise?? Let Carnival do ALL the work. And, the pjarty can last more than 2 or 3 days (and nights!). Just something to think about.

Cathy Blevins Byron :roll: :lol: :D
I do travel agency work out of my home. I could put a group together to get us a discounted price, if people are interested. Maybe a 22 or 23 yr reunion since for the 25 yr, we wouldn't want anyone to not be able to come because of cost. Disney is a lot of fun, but more expensive than Carnival and Carnival's kid program has improved over years. But I would do either. I'm always up for a cruise. We went on a cruise after Katrina while we didn't have electricity at home. We had already scheduled it with a group and everyone else cancelled but we looked at our options and decided to go. Stay home, take cold baths, sleep in a hot house,cook on a coleman stove and listen to the sound of the generator 12 hrs a day or spend a week at sea with someone else cooking, cleaning, a climate controlled room, sitting by the pool and exploring foreign contries. So you can see it really wasn't that hard of a choice for me or the kids.

Tonya
I know it would be Denise's choice. She's been pestering me to go on a cruise for about 10 years now. I keep telling her that I spent enough time onboard ships. :lol:
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

Tiffany

Re: 25-year Reunion

Post by Tiffany »

Tonya wrote:
lapochevide wrote:What about a 25-year reunion cruise?? Let Carnival do ALL the work. And, the pjarty can last more than 2 or 3 days (and nights!). Just something to think about.

Cathy Blevins Byron :roll: :lol: :D
I do travel agency work out of my home. I could put a group together to get us a discounted price, if people are interested. Maybe a 22 or 23 yr reunion since for the 25 yr, we wouldn't want anyone to not be able to come because of cost. Disney is a lot of fun, but more expensive than Carnival and Carnival's kid program has improved over years. But I would do either. I'm always up for a cruise. We went on a cruise after Katrina while we didn't have electricity at home. We had already scheduled it with a group and everyone else cancelled but we looked at our options and decided to go. Stay home, take cold baths, sleep in a hot house,cook on a coleman stove and listen to the sound of the generator 12 hrs a day or spend a week at sea with someone else cooking, cleaning, a climate controlled room, sitting by the pool and exploring foreign contries. So you can see it really wasn't that hard of a choice for me or the kids.

Tonya
Tonya, I think we should definitely look into this. We have wanted to go on a cruise for such a long time. I know Amber would LOVE it! With 2 years notice, I'm sure most of us could swing it. That's plenty of time to get the $$ together and if we could get a discounted price that would be even better. If you were going to go on a cruise anyway, wouldn't it be even more fun to go with a large group of your closest friends and their children?

shane

Post by shane »

jnichel wrote:
shane wrote:
Tiffany wrote:That would be a lot of fun, for the kids too. What about a Disney cruise, more family oriented? I'd better start saving now! LOL
A wonderful idea, but it might be more cost-prohibitive for some than the party was. Maybe that can be an off-year reunion option.
Wait, I thought the reunion committee would foot the bill? :twisted: :lol:
Indeed. When my plan to make a fortune comes through (c'mon Powerball!), I'll be happy to pay for EVERYONE. :P

Until then, Tonya's idea of a package for those interested sounds like the way to go: 22 - 23-year "interim" reunion, then a traditional 25-year "silver" anniversary. Not to scare anyone off, but I'd be game.
Shane
--
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
- Noel Coward

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

shane wrote:Not to scare anyone off, but I'd be game.
As if you could scare anyone off!!! :P

tlsmith

Post by tlsmith »

I think a cruise is a great idea. We have always wanted to take the kids on a cruise. Count us in!! Nicole

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

We may be interested as well. Depends on so many things! I have a hard time right now planning for the weekend!
Brenda

phimel

Post by phimel »

I am all about it! Cruise sounds great!
Patrick Himel

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

Great Patrick! Reply to Tonya's thread about a possible cruise, ok? I hope a lot of people show interest. :D