JOELLE

Anything and everything. Come on in and chew the fat.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

mark

JOELLE

Post by mark »

For the praying folk out here, please be praying for Joelle Hoffman's daughter, Jessica Marvin. She recently was in a terrible traffic accident and may not live. If she does, paralysis is a big possibility. It happened in Austin, TX. Joelle is there now so I'm not sure if she'll make the reunion. She is with my Aunts (Joelle is my 1st cousin).
Mark J Leach

phil

Post by phil »

Oh my God. All my thoughts are with her.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

sheri

Post by sheri »

Mark, This is shocking, horrible news and absolutely a parents worst nightmare. Please know that my family will be praying for yours, for Jessica, and for the strength for Joelle to get through this.
sheri

CLowrie

Post by CLowrie »

This is really sad news Mark. My family and I will also keep everyone in our prayers.

-- Chris

melindam

Post by melindam »

Mark,
We will definetly be praying for Joelle, her daughter and for you and your family. I'll pass this news on to my sister in laws as well. I know they know Noelle from homeschooling. If there's anything we can do, let us know!

Robin

Post by Robin »

News like that makes all of this jabber seem really insignificant. She will be in our prayers tonight, and every night until we hear a good report. Please keep us all posted, Mark.

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Mark - So very sorry to hear about Joelle's daughter. As Sheri said, a parent's worst nightmare. Jessica, Joelle, and the family are in my prayers.
Brenda

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Our thoughts and prayers are going out to her.
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

Angie

Post by Angie »

Mark - this is absolutely horrible. How old is Jessica? Please give updates as you get them. I won't let Joelle escape my thoughts. I wish I could hug her right now.
Angela Eddy Feemster

shane

Post by shane »

Please do let Joelle know we're all thinking about them and hoping for the best.
Shane
--
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
- Noel Coward

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Mark, thank you so much for sharing!! I didn't know this happened. I've been friends with Joelle since we were little.....I'll definitely be praying for her & Jessica.

mark

Jessica

Post by mark »

Angie wrote:Mark - this is absolutely horrible. How old is Jessica? Please give updates as you get them. I won't let Joelle escape my thoughts. I wish I could hug her right now.
Jessica is around the same age as Corey Leonard. Either 19 or 20. I haven't seen her in several years. Last time was at my Granie's 90th birthday. It was a wonderful time because all of the cousins were together including the ones from TX. I bonded with them when Noel and I lived in Houston, TX. I think Jessica was exerting her independence around then...part of why she is in TX where her dad, Taylor Marvin, lives. I really don't know what's been going since then and have only seen Joelle a couple of times since the party. I'm going try and reach Joelle at the ER today (if she is up to talking). I will keep everyone posted. It sounds like we need a miracle.
Mark J Leach

Jennifer Boesch Stanley

Post by Jennifer Boesch Stanley »

Please let Joelle know Jessica is in our thoughts and prayers.

mark

Update

Post by mark »

I spoke with my Aunt Kathy who is in Austin, TX and found out some reliable details. Jessica was a passenger of a car driven by a male friend of hers which was struck on the passenger side by a SUV travelling at least sixty mph. The injuries are numerous. Broken neck, crushed legs, swelling on the brain to name a few. She is on a ventilator.

Jessica has stabilized somewhat and the next hurdle to cross is the probability of lethal blood clotting coming from her broken legs. Surgery is needed to protect her from that but that is risky in itself with a broken back and neck. I've tried to reach Joelle but have not been able to speak with her yet. My Aunt said she is holding up well and cherishing every minute with Jessica. Jessica does seem to have some awareness of her family being there. I hope to report better news on the next post.
Mark J Leach

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

I am so sorry and can't even imagine what Joelle and her family are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with them.