crazy

Anything and everything. Come on in and chew the fat.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

dennis

crazy

Post by dennis »

It sure is funny me, sean, shane, sheri live 5 minutes away from each other and we have probably have talked more on this site in the last week than we have face to face in the last 2 months I can just about walk outside and scream off the front porch and talk to sheri. this could be a good eye opener to make us slow down our lives and keep up with our friends . Because I am sure each one of us had some kind of impact on one-another. I know the friends I have sure did.

madonnatoneygiacona

Post by madonnatoneygiacona »

Hey Dennis - please don't forget about me. I live in Abita also, not even a mile past the Abita Quail Farm in Pelican Estates off of Lake Street off hwy. 435 I hope to see you and everyone else at the reunion.

Madonna Toney Giacona

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

I'm not five minutes away, but I still feel like You, Shane, Sean, John, Sheri.....And I can go on for a bit..... are still some of my best friends in the world. Hell, we've been through some S***, good, bad, and downright terrible, and have always been there for each other.

BUt that's based on the quality of person we associate with, I guess. And I would have to say, everyone on this board seems to fit the mold.
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

melindam

Post by melindam »

I wasn't close with any of you in high school, except Sheri, but I feel like I've been friends with you guys all my life! Be safe Jerry!! Have an empty stomach when you get home!

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Hey Dennis - how the hell are you! Congrats on the new beautiful baby. Glad to see you are doing well.
Brenda

shane

Re: crazy

Post by shane »

dennis wrote:It sure is funny me, sean, shane, sheri live 5 minutes away from each other and we have probably have talked more on this site in the last week than we have face to face in the last 2 months I can just about walk outside and scream off the front porch and talk to sheri. this could be a good eye opener to make us slow down our lives and keep up with our friends . Because I am sure each one of us had some kind of impact on one-another. I know the friends I have sure did.
I learned a long time ago (when I was living in NOLA and didn't see ya'll as much) that it's not the quantity, but the quality of time (although the quantity is still important). We all live such busy lives (and I know this applies to everyone here), that have just gotten busier as we've had kids, and it makes it damned difficult to get together as much as we'd like. But we look for opportunities, clear our calendars and make the effort and when it all works out, we have a great time together. For more than 20 years, Dennis, you, Jerry, Sean, Sheri, John, etc have been more than just my friends; you're family. And I actually like ya'll better than my own family! All this time and we're not sick of each other yet; some would say that's a blessing.
Shane
--
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
- Noel Coward

dennis

hooked

Post by dennis »

I just posted a few pictures on the family sec. I am doing great I could n't be happier. All the energy I use to have is channeled through my family now. I could not be in a better place right now. Family, My wife is amazing. Kids, when people told me about how they will change your life .....unbelievable and friends...this speaks for itself . For one who never had the time I am sure making time now.

sheri

Post by sheri »

It's something you guys, in high school I thought that our friendships would last forever. It never occurred to me that there would be a time in our lives that we wouldn't be friends. I'm sure a lot of people naively think that in high school, but 20 years later -Jerry, Shane, Sean, Den, BrotherJohn - all still able to remain this close at heart - DESPITE the distance and chaos of our busy lives - i think that 's an accomplishment. Even though we don't get to see each other everyday, there is a bond there that we know we are all there for each other at a moment's notice.
I say on the evening of the 28th, we raise or glasses and toast "To Shaneism!" :wink: :D

illenbergerj

Post by illenbergerj »

We won't have to drink Jager will we? ;)
Jan Illenberger

phil

Post by phil »

illenbergerj wrote:We won't have to drink Jager will we? ;)
oh, geez - what's that thing that everyone's drinking now.. jager and redbull or something. Amateurs.. :roll:
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

illenbergerj

Post by illenbergerj »

I believe they're still drinking red bull and vodka...been out of the club scene for a few years now...lol
Jan Illenberger

Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

illenbergerj wrote:We won't have to drink Jager will we? ;)
It wouldn't be the same without the Jager! 8)

Sheila Hueschen Rawls

Post by Sheila Hueschen Rawls »

I was watching a bartender pouring the Red Bull and vodka a few months ago and I said...Hey, What's that called? and he looked up at me as if I had 2 heads and said..Red Bull and vodka! He should have just added stupid on the end. I wanted to jump over the bar and bop him on the head. What's wrong with the young kids these days? No respect at all for us older people. He needed a good spankin'!!!

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Sheila Hueschen Rawls wrote: He needed a good spankin'!!!
Here, Here.....
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

melindam

Post by melindam »

I couldn't agree more! I told my boys if they ever acted like that I would personally come and kick their a@$.