Friday the 13th

Anything and everything. Come on in and chew the fat.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Connie

Friday the 13th

Post by Connie »

Did anyone have bad luck today? I dented my forehead with the door of my mini-van, but it is Mark's fault, he called my name just as I was opening the door. Hopefully the bruise heals in two weeks! If not, I'll have a new hairstyle, complete with bangs! :oops:
Connie (Doolin) Castillo

shane

Re: Friday the 13th

Post by shane »

Connie wrote:Did anyone have bad luck today? I dented my forehead with the door of my mini-van, but it is Mark's fault, he called my name just as I was opening the door. Hopefully the bruise heals in two weeks! If not, I'll have a new hairstyle, complete with bangs! :oops:
I didn't even realize it until you pointed it out, Connie. Good thing the day's almost over :twisted:
Shane
--
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
- Noel Coward

Robin

Post by Robin »

Couldn't forget the big day here. Marked as the release date of the new (and final) Lemony Snicket book. Arden's been anticipating for weeks.... no other misfortunes though.

Connie

Post by Connie »

My 6-8th graders are really not into The Unfortunate Events books but they are going nuts over The Lightening Thief!
Connie (Doolin) Castillo

Robin

Post by Robin »

She just finished The Lightning Thief yesterday. Said it was really, really good. ( :D big smiley added at her request!)

Connie

Post by Connie »

Now she needs to read the sequel, Sea of Monsters. (and yes everyone, I am aware that I spelled lightning wrong, oops!) :oops:
Connie (Doolin) Castillo

Robin

Post by Robin »

She showed it to me today, but the one she started is Inkheart. I wish I had as much time to read!

Connie

Post by Connie »

Inkheart is great! It is going to be a movie, probably next summer. I wish I had more time to read. Sometimes I am amazed at how much time I spend surrounded by books and how much time I don't spend reading! One time I had a quiet minute and I sat down to read Texas Monthly. Just as I opened to a page with Anna Nicole Smith wearing pasties...my principal walked into the library!
Connie (Doolin) Castillo