Where is everyone today?

Anything and everything. Come on in and chew the fat.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Tiffany

Where is everyone today?

Post by Tiffany »

It's gone quiet in here. Yesterday was crazy!! You guys must be out doing stuff with your kids or working hard. It's beautiful out today in South Carolina. High is in the mid 60's with not a cloud in the sky. After work we are heading to downtown Greenville for a festival. Should be fun. What is everyone up to this weekend?

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

This and working to make up for the "extra" vacation days I'm taking to see a bunch of folks I haven't seen in twenty years......

Is it worth it???????

You bet it is!!!!!! :D
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

illenbergerj

Post by illenbergerj »

Well that's one thing about being in Europe...we're on way earlier than everyone else... :(

illenbergerj

Post by illenbergerj »

You two get things moving in here, I'll be back in a couple hours...need to go buy a headset with a mic.

Angie, what base are you and your husband at? We almost moved up near Molsworth, but the powers that be decided it would cost too much to move the site there. I was up in Lakenheath back in 96 for a training class. It was actually sunny, cold, but sunny. I thought the cab drivers were too funny.

Angie

Post by Angie »

Hey....just got to the site myself after an active night at a NAVY BALL.....heard lots of ships whistles calling for Jerry and John to rejoin!!! My 1st time to a Navy Ball...only been to Army. It was fun.

Dan is stationed at RAF Molesworth. Joint Analysis Center (JAC). What site was going to move there? Nearby is RAF Alconbury where our tiny PX, Commissary, etc, are....We go to Lakenheath about once every 3 months since it is an hour away to go to the BIG PX....the hosp is there as well, which we have hardly needed luckily. I will let you know as soon as we find out if we are going to be moving to Belgium in July. 3 yrs! Probably wont find out until after January.

We have had some serious fog the last 2-3 days.....perfect for Fri 13th.....kinda cool today....football match this morning just got cancelled (because of fog????), so it is a perfect day for all of us to snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie or read a book and drink lots of coffee. However, my 4 year old just walked in and, with her cute little British accent, said, "Mum, we could go to Kid's Kingdom today since the weather is not too nice!"....hmmmm....that sounds like it might hurt my head.....
Angela Eddy Feemster

illenbergerj

Post by illenbergerj »

This place is a ghost town on Saturdays....everyone must have good weather. :)

madonnatoneygiacona

Post by madonnatoneygiacona »

Jan - the weather here in Abita Springs, Louisiana is gorgeous today. A great day to be out with family.

Madonna Toney Giacona

illenbergerj

Post by illenbergerj »

Ah I thought as much...I just happen to be playing on my computer so I'm looking in on the site occasionally. :)

madonnatoneygiacona

Well my daughter spent the night out last night and my son is in the Marines attending boot camp so I am childless at the moment. I actually got to sleep in (8:30a.m.) this morning - which is very unusual. I am sure this afternoon will be "very busy".

I hope you are doing well Jan.

Madonna Toney Giacona

illenbergerj

Post by illenbergerj »

Oh, a little quiet time for Mom? Very nice, everyone needs some alone time once in a while. Unfortunalely I usually end up going nuts and cleaning the house! :D

madonnatoneygiacona

Quite time in deed! All during the week, its constantly run run run! So this is definitely my time. AND look how I am using "my" time - on the reunion site. (LOL)

illenbergerj

Post by illenbergerj »

Hey, whatever you want to do right? It doesn't mean you have to go take a nap...just that you can do something uninterrupted. A blessing for sure.

illenbergerj

Post by illenbergerj »

hmmm...we have a guest sneaking around? Show yourself I say... :wink:

lapochevide

Post by lapochevide »

Things are starting to slow down on the site. What's everybody up to?? I am trying to recover from giving my now 16 year old a surprise b-day party. She was actually surprised by the party and I further surprised her by bringing some of her LA friends to Alabama. She cried. And, the gratitude lasted as ong as 2 or 3 days. Lucky me!! :lol: :D

Any big plans for Christmas?? We are staying home. The only other thing we might do is to host a service man or woman for Christmas dinner. The Coast Guard base is only about 5 miles from the house and Clay is a former Coasite.

Cathy

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Hi everyone!! Did ya'll miss me? I've spent the last 2 weeks with a client doing training, so I was only able to hop on the site all of about 5 minutes. (Yes, I actually had to work) BUT...I'm back now!! I've really missed the Site!

Cathy, I can't believe Sarah is 16!! I have the cutest picture of her & Zachary when they were younger. Zachary must have been about 2 because he was still in diapers. I'll try to find and post for you.

Zachary's birthday is Friday....he'll be 9.