Where's everyone staying??

Anything and everything. Come on in and chew the fat.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

illenbergerj

Where's everyone staying??

Post by illenbergerj »

I was just thinking about this trip and was wondering where everyone (from out of town) was staying?

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

If (and that's a big if) we find a way to make it, we would be staying at my sister's house in Slidell.
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

My Parents house....One block from the Reunion......
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

illenbergerj

Post by illenbergerj »

You're getting sucked in aren't you? This is a pretty evil group aren't they? ;)

shane

Post by shane »

illenbergerj wrote:You're getting sucked in aren't you? This is a pretty evil group aren't they? ;)
He's got no one to blame but himself. :wink:

Shane

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

illenbergerj wrote:You're getting sucked in aren't you? This is a pretty evil group aren't they? ;)
Well, Jerry is. :twisted:

We want to come. Denise is still telling me it's okay to give up some of our Christmas vacation time to come down there, but I know she'll regret it later. For the past day or two, we've toyed with the idea of flying down Friday night/Sat Morning, and flying back Sunday evening, but that would totally eliminate the football game for us, and most of, if not all of the picnic...which are the two things we want to do the most (cause the kids would love it)
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Evil is as evil does...... :twisted:
Jerry Cottrell

Will Rogers

mark

Shane' house

Post by mark »

I thought all of the out of towners were staying at Shane's house...he did used to throw those big parties.
Mark J Leach

Robin

Post by Robin »

You better watch it, Mark! You're setting yourself up for a few out o towners of your own!

mark

Post by mark »

Ok I admit...I already have one staying with me; the Bartons. That makes 11 breathing people in my house. Pretty good? Where do you live, Robin? I'm on 11th ave, not far from Hubie Gallagher Park but shucks, out of room. Maybe you can take in the England refugees. I think Angie is their leader. They talk funny so you may need a translator. They spell funny too, organization is spelled organisation and stuff like that. Jolly Good.
Mark J Leach

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Thanks for the suggestion Mark.

As long as we get a Full English Breakfast every morning, kippers on friday morning and a "lovely" Sunday Roast. Right Angie?

Oh and proper beer.
Jerry Cottrell

Will Rogers

Angie

Post by Angie »

Mate - dont forget about the black pudding.....

Mark - I do not spell funny! I do sometimes make a mistake from time to time and spell neighbour or colour, but it will only get worse. I attended a parent mtg this morning about how they will teach Anna how to read...the national program here is called Jolly Phonics!

Just remember, dont order chips and salsa in England.....I had to pretend that what I got was what I really wanted and we ate it happily with a little embarrassment. I am not the England leader...Jerry has more experience than I do. I just post more.
Angela Eddy Feemster

shane

Re: Shane' house

Post by shane »

mark wrote:I thought all of the out of towners were staying at Shane's house...he did used to throw those big parties.
The Hodgson Hotel closed many years ago, Mark. The current management (my wife, Melissa) would throw everyone out and me along with them if I tried to hang that shingle again. She still looks at me with the "why did I marry you again" look whenever someone pulls out one of those stories.

I don't know what she's talking about :roll:

Shane

Robin

Post by Robin »

mark wrote: Where do you live, Robin? I'm on 11th ave, not far from Hubie Gallagher Park but shucks, out of room.
I think Houston would be a bit of a commute. Besides, we have limited space. We'd have to put guests that want a real bed next door - in one of my Mum's (for you Englanders) spare rooms!

Jeff and I are staying with my sister, Marianne, aka Moose, around I-12 and Hwy 190. She was gracious enough to invite anyone who wishes over for a drink and some giggles, but I told her the weekend was pretty packed. I think she will join us for football game and the block party. She livens up any party!

Since we've decided not to bring kids, Mark, we won't be going to the picnic. Is this Hubie Gallagher Park new? I grew up on 10th and don't remember it. Or is it yet another thing right before my nose I was clueless about? :?

shane

Post by shane »

Robin wrote:
mark wrote: Where do you live, Robin? I'm on 11th ave, not far from Hubie Gallagher Park but shucks, out of room.
I think Houston would be a bit of a commute. Besides, we have limited space. We'd have to put guests that want a real bed next door - in one of my Mum's (for you Englanders) spare rooms!

Jeff and I are staying with my sister, Marianne, aka Moose, around I-12 and Hwy 190. She was gracious enough to invite anyone who wishes over for a drink and some giggles, but I told her the weekend was pretty packed. I think she will join us for football game and the block party. She livens up any party!

Since we've decided not to bring kids, Mark, we won't be going to the picnic. Is this Hubie Gallagher Park new? I grew up on 10th and don't remember it. Or is it yet another thing right before my nose I was clueless about? :?
That's the park down the street from my old house on 16th, Robin, the one with the water tower, tennis courts and city pool. The pool is filled in and the water tower looks more like a big antenna now, and the city names the park after former CHS football coach Hubie Gallagher some years ago. Most of the playground equipment that was there when I lived nearby is gone, but I can still pick out where some of it used to be and there's even a part of the old slide that's been incorporated into the structure that's there now.

My kids love that park and we almost moved nearby twice, but it didn't work out. We still try to get by whenever we're in the neighborhood. It'll be a nice place for a picnic.

Shane