Forum Stats

Anything and everything. Come on in and chew the fat.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

phil

Forum Stats

Post by phil »

We're coming up on 60 users and close to 1000 posts. That's awesome.

John, if I haven't said it before - thanks for hosting this, man. I come to this forum every day looking to see what's new. I can't wait to see everyone at the reunion, and I feel that I've got a little preview as to what to expect thanks mostly to this site.

All hail the power of the Internet!
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

Charlotte Massey Maggard

Post by Charlotte Massey Maggard »

John - I second Phil. I come to the site almost every day too.

It is amazing how much you forget or store away in your mind until someone starts talking about parties, places, trips and showing photos that bring back so many memories of people and places you haven't seen in so long and then once you see the pictures it is like it was just yesterday and the next thing you know you start smiling and shaking your head...what a good feeling! Ok - who is shaking their head right now or smiling? I am.... :) :lol: :P
Charlotte "Charlie" Massey Maggard

madonnatoneygiacona

Post by madonnatoneygiacona »

I am.

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Yeah John, awfully cool. I come quite a bit, to get my reunion fix. Checking out who's new, what's been posted and the sort. Sarah laughs at me. They don't do reunions here like the ones in the states. Allthough I see Maarten on quite a bit, too. So it might be a CHS thing.
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

Angie

Post by Angie »

Many Thanks, John....not only has this site been fun (although not for my husband - lol)....it is a reminder of what an awesome, caring, sentimental Class we are! It shows in this site with all the people posting and getting excited about the reunion.....

Shane - you are responsible for all this happening in the 1st place. You are working so hard and I really appreciate it. I have no doubt the Reunion will be successful. You were always a good party planner.
Angela Eddy Feemster

shane

Post by shane »

My sainted wife, Melissa, has been enormously patient and helpful through all this and deserves more credit than I can give.

The rest of the planning committee (Pat, Sheri, Tommy, Tonya, Julie, Leslie and Charlie) and I only wanted to set something up that would appeal to as many people as possible, hence the multi-event weekend. John gets my eternal thanks for setting up and hosting this forum, because it is probably the best tool we've had in terms of generating interest.

All of you here have already made the reunion a success. We provided the opportunity and you all have made the most of it; I have no doubt Reunion Weekend will be the same.

Thanks, all of you.

Shane

Angie

Post by Angie »

ok...we are at 960 posts....10 people on the site at one time is our max....wonder if we can beat that? Who will do the 1000th post? Is there a prize for that?

Sorry, just a little early morning humor for myself all the way over here in England with no one from my Class to talk to - you all should be sleeping :cry: .....Maarten is probably climbing a rock somewhere in Europe and Jerry is probably frying the heck out of a turkey somewhere in the English countryside.....but, I do have a nice strong cup of French Market coffee in my hand.

Today is our village Conker Championship (Oct is Conker month) so, we will be stringing up our conkers and waxing our conkers and warming them up for the championship...I know you guys are thinking, "What the heck is a conker?" We are hoping the 1st American (us) will win the championship today....anything for a trophy and a 1lb block of Cadbury chocolate! If you want to see last year's contest (with my lovely husband, Dan, in the finals against a 5 year old) here is our village website....go to Conker 2005 in the Photo Gallery. http://stowlonga.org.uk/ Conkers are about as English as football and fish-n-chips....the point is: you crack someone's conker - you win....
Angela Eddy Feemster

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Give em hell Angie......Knock them conkers to pieces, don't be beaten by a five year old..... :twisted:

I might just go around this morning and post 40 things, just in case there is a prize...... :lol:
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

Robin

Post by Robin »

Got up EARLY on a Sunday a.m. to see what I've been missing in the last few months. I've been smiling for the last hour reading everything, stopping occasionally to refill my tasty cup o joe.

Phil, set me straight, looks like you weren't coming, but now you are? I hope so. You and John have really been cracking me up.

Ang, Arden still carries her conker in her jacket pocket. Bring home the title today!

Better get back to reading. I think there's lots more to go. And I shouldn't be "wasting" my time like this when I've got dreaded taxed to complete by the ultimate deadline, Oct. 15! Anybody else in that boat? UGHHH.

phil

Post by phil »

Robin wrote: Phil, set me straight, looks like you weren't coming, but now you are? I hope so. You and John have really been cracking me up.
Oh, yeah. I'm coming. I should be there for the game, and definitely Sat. night. I catch a flight from BR on Sunday afternoon, so I may miss the picnic. It's just going to be me, though - too much of a logistics problem getting the whole family down there.

phil

Robin

Post by Robin »

OK, I'm going to show my ignorance on all things computer-related. How do you get the highlighted box with the comments you specifically want to reply to?

phil

Post by phil »

click the "quote" button on the right side of the post of the person you want to quote.

phil

Robin

Post by Robin »

phil wrote:click the "quote" button on the right side of the post of the person you want to quote.
Learning something new every day! Cheers!

JonBarton

Post by JonBarton »

Robin, I confess, I just met with my accountant today and dumped the tax file on her. (yeah, I hate doing taxe$ that bad, to file an extension just so I can procrastinate it another 5 months). I used to do them with turbo tax, but once I started a business neither Turbotax nor I knew what we were doing any more--jb

Robin

Post by Robin »

Thank goodness for Turbo Tax! It has helped me through them for years. The biggest source of stress is the Schedule C for Jeff's law practice, and I can't imagine the extra time it would take to do the depreciation and amortization schedule on my own. Now that I think about it, I guess the real stress comes from my procrastination. See, Shane and Ang, I can delay gratification on some things!! :P