Stop being shy

Anything and everything. Come on in and chew the fat.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

jnichel
Site Admin

Stop being shy

Post by jnichel »

Quite a few have signed up, but haven't posted. 20 years may be a long time, but you know all of us; we haven't changed that much. Make a post, say hello, tell us what's been going on in your life.
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

shane

Post by shane »

Yeah, I'm wondering who the guest is right now??

C'mon! Show yourself!

Please?

Shane

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Stop being shy

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

I just found out about this site from Shane earlier this week. I have a few hours this week browsing the site. I really enjoyed reading about everyone who has posted. I actually remembered most of the people who have posted messages. I never realized we had so many world travelers.

Angie - never thought of you as wallflower. Pretty and popular but not wallflower. Photogenic too - I still remember the picture of you in our year that I believe was an advertisement for Emile Navarre.

John Nichel - I remember you. I think we had a class together but I can't remember which one for the life of me. I know your mom worked in the office - I was an aide in the office senior year. I seem to recall you had an inhaler and you always seemed to be smiling.

Jerry - always smiling too.

Shane - of course I remember. My hero on senior trip. If I recall correctly, you had a fake ID and bought me some whiskey when I ran out of all the booze I brought on senior trip. For those of you who talked about the funneling - remember that too - and even participated a little - I wasn't very good at it and since I don't like beer, it was pretty difficult to funnel Jack and Coke.

Robin - remember you too! And I am still in Covington. (boring compared to the rest of you)

Julie - hello again - we have run into each other severla times over the years.

I am originally from Metairie and moved to Abita Springs when I was 11 years old - so most of you I didn't meet until I got to CHS.

I remember a lot more of you - just didn't want this post to be a book.

About me. Went to SLU and UNO. I am a paralegal working in Mandeville. Primary practice in civil litigation (defense usually). Started out commuting to Metairie but located a job on Northshore when my first child was about 6 months.

Married James Jenkins - class of 1984. Actually dated him off and on when I was a sophomore and he was senior. He was my first "car date" - can you believe?! We met back up in 1991 and started dating. Married August 28, 1993. (Yes, we were evacuating on our 12th anniversary for Katrina). We have been happily married for 13 years. He is a great guy and a nut and he makes me laugh. Something I have needed over the past few months. We had our first child, a son named Cameron in April 1996. We "planned" to have another child to top off our family. As Shane said in the letter he sent out to us about the reunion -- "the best laid plans" - you might have guessed or already know - we had twins the next time around. Boy and girl named Devin and Lindsey. Despite arriving 4 1/2 weeks ahead of schedule, we were blessed with healthy babies that were able to come home when I left the hospital. We muddled through their first year somehow and now our "babies" are in 2nd grade. Cameron is in 5th grade. They all attend St. Peter Catholic School in Covington.

Coincidentally, we actually live about 2 or 3 miles from Covington High School off of Hwy. 190. Right after you cross bridge over the Tchefuncte River.

I think I have rambled long enough. I truly look forward to seeing all of you at the reunion. Hats off to the committee for their hard work and doing a great job.

Thanks John for setting up this site - it is great!
Brenda

madonnatoneygiacona

Post by madonnatoneygiacona »

Hello everyone - Its great to see so many familiar names. I hope to see everyone at the reunion. My son, (20 yrs. old) "Drew" is graduating from Marine boot camp on the 27th of October. My flight back home arrives New Orleans apprx. 5:00p.m. I may not make the football game - but definitely looking forward to Saturday night.

phil

Re: funneling

Post by phil »

Sean wrote:Umm, I hate to say it but I do remember Chris Lowrie and I funneling gin and 7-up, it was not pretty and I have NEVER had gin since...............

Dude. I just can't picture in my head Chris funneling anything.

and for the record, I'd blame it on the 7-Up and stop drinking that. :twisted:
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

Angie

Post by Angie »

Hey Brenda - can't wait to see you and James! Congratulations on all your babies and your long marriage.....see you soon!
Angela Eddy Feemster

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Congratulations on the graduation. You must be proud.

Brenda,

Welcome to the website. It's a lot of fun. Almost as fun as funneling Jack and Coke, but no dizzy after affects. :shock:
Last edited by JerryFish on Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

Angie

Post by Angie »

Madonna - a Marine! That is great and what a proud mom you are. My husband (just made 20 yrs in the Army) always says that some of the best soldiers in his unit are Marines. He can always depend on them to get the job done. Can't wait to see you! Where are you flying from?
Angela Eddy Feemster

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Hey Angie - can't wait to see you either and meet your husband. Saw pictures of your lovely family. Your daughter looks just like you, too precious.

Jerry - witty as ever - you crack me up. I love the site. I have spent hours reading everything when I should be asleep in my bed - I think I am addicted. Still trying to read all the messages posted.

I remember somebody writing about their spouses feeling like widows/widowers because of this site - James just came looking for me - laughing because I was on this again.

Guess I need to get dressed for Devin's soccer game at 10:30. Believe, "I'll be back"
Brenda

madonnatoneygiacona

Angie
I live in Abita Springs, LA - my son is at Parris Island, S.C. We sre flying in and out of New Orleans to Savannah, GA
I am so excited. I miss my son so much! He is a great person. Very fortunate parent ( no drinking, no smoking, no drugs)
Your children are beautiful. Good luck on your flight over.
Madonna

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Hey Sean - I know what you are saying about Gin and 7. While I didn't funnel it, Kim Palmer and I got to drinking it one night and needless to say, I haven't touched it since either.

Congrats on the new baby to be and lvoely family. Hope you are able to still make reunion but understand it if you can't.
Brenda

madonnatoneygiacona

Speaking of Kim Palmer - has anyone contacted her?

Madonna

madonnatoneygiacona

JerryFish wrote:Congratulations on the graduation. You must be proud.

Thank you Jerry. I am very proud.
Madonna

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Madonna, I don't show Kim on our list....was she class of 87 maybe??? If not, please let her know about the reunion. Regardless, she's more than welcome to come!! If you can get her address & email, we can send her the info.

Brenda!! Did you see the picture of us that Jan posted from Sr Powderpuff? I have a ton of pics that I gave to Shane to scan. I have one of Pete & JD trying to throw you in the pool! I also have a picture from the 10-year picnic of you & James with the babies. I sent my negatives from the 10-year off to have them transferred to CD, so as soon as I get it back, I will put them all at the Snapfish site. AND....don't feel bad about being addicted to this site!! There are many more of us with the same problem, including me!!

madonnatoneygiacona

Hey Julie
I will contact Kim and give her the heads up. Her son works for us from time to time at our restaurant (usually when he is not playing football)
When I get her info., I will be glad to email it to you. I look forward to seeing you at the reunion!
Madonna