GO SAINTS!

Anything and everything. Come on in and chew the fat.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Angie

GO SAINTS!

Post by Angie »

We never get to watch American football games here in England unless we wake up at 1am or go to the Club on the base so we are pretty excited the Saints are doing well. Are they doing well because they usually start their season this way or are they really playing better than usual?
Angela Eddy Feemster

shane

Post by shane »

New coach, new attitude, new personnel, re-newed Dome.

I'm still floating on air after last night; you couldn't script that story any better. I had tears in my eyes before during and after the game. It's just what New Orleans needed.

GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX!!

Shane

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

If you're a Saints' fan, I'm pretty sure optimism isn't the norm when it comes to our football team. Like many, I looked at the Saints before the start of the season, and predicted a 2-14 season. I thought that while our offense *might* score a lot of points, our defense was going to give up plenty more. At this point in the season, I'm eating crow, but I'll be happy to keep eating if they keep winning.
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

Angie

Post by Angie »

Watchin' the Saints game from all the way over here in England thanks to Jerry's suggestion to upgrade my Sat TV subscription. Go Saints!
Angela Eddy Feemster

madonnatoneygiacona

Post by madonnatoneygiacona »

Oh my goodness - Shane did you have the opportunity to be at the Superdome for their first game back? It was awesome. My husband is a sports freak! Right after they signed Drew Brees he bought season tickets. When they signed Reggie Bush - he bought another set of season tickets that are Plaza level, 50 yard line - on the 33rd row. Fantastic seats. What an incredible game! GO SAINTS!!!

Madonna Toney Giacona

Angie

Post by Angie »

How 'bout dem Saints! What a game!!! Was that the best game ever???? We invited 2 English families over to watch their 1st American football game and when I found out it was the Eagles I was thinking...oh no, we might lose....we filled their bellies and woke up dead English taste buds with some shrimp jambalaya, jalepeno poppers, buffalo wings, chili-cheese dogs for the kids.....all this was new to them.....they were happy. They stayed till the end of the game even though it was 930 and the kids had school today.....everyone was psyched.
Angela Eddy Feemster

madonnatoneygiacona

Angie - the game was awesome. GOOOOO SAINTS!

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Figures, I get NFL Sunday Ticket and ESPN's College Game Day thru DirecTV so I can watch the Saints and LSU up here, and I missed both games. Grrrrr.

Still happily eating crow. :lol:
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Great game.....The dome looked like it was rockin'......Like the new turf, also.
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

madonnatoneygiacona

ABSOLUTELY

Jennifer Boesch Stanley

Hey Everybody

Post by Jennifer Boesch Stanley »

I just love all the pics of everyone and their children and spouses. I am looking forward to the reunion and catching up on a lot of years. I can't believe how far everyone has spread out across the world. I am over here in Texas, a little further west than Robin and Connie in a place called San Marcos. Been here for 8 years. I will try to get computer savvy enough to post some pics soon. :D

illenbergerj

Post by illenbergerj »

Hey Jennifer, glad to have you on the site :)
Jan Illenberger

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Jennifer!!! Leslie was just asking about you. How's it going......I think about you often, and the "Boeschmobile." Remember riding around listening to the Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack in your little car??? ha ha. Jan, you probably remember that, too!!

Jennifer Boesch Stanley

Post by Jennifer Boesch Stanley »

Yeah, we had lots of fun. My poor car only lasted about a year out of high school. I was on a bike for most of college. Where's Leslie? I haven't seen any posts from her. I'm so glad you posted a pic of her and her family. Julie you look great, haven't changed except for the hair.

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

Yes, and that's a plus!! Did you see my hair in some of those Wm Pitcher pics?? YUK. Glad those styles are long gone.....I told Jerry earlier I'm glad to be rid of the wings....hee hee.

Leslie is totally swamped with sports. Corey plays college ball, so they are travelling to games almost every weekend. David still very involved with CHS Athletics, so what little time they have left is spent there. She's still working as a nurse. She said she NEVER gets on the computer, but I just told her last night she needs to take some time out check out the site....I know she'd be addicted, just like the rest of us.