Phil's wedding

What did you look like 20 years ago? What do you look like now?

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

phil

Phil's wedding

Post by phil »

Just finally got around to scanning in some of my wedding pictures. These are from Oct. 12, 1996. (Just celebrated my 10th anniversary on Thursday!)
Attachments
The ceremony was held on a head boat in Hatteras, NC. The name of the boat was the Cap'n Clam.
The ceremony was held on a head boat in Hatteras, NC. The name of the boat was the Cap'n Clam.
We got off the boat after the ceremony and met all the guests at the marina restaurant. You can't see it, but there are fisherman cleaning a bunch of tuna about 10 feet away from us. All the kids at the reception were much more interested in that than som
We got off the boat after the ceremony and met all the guests at the marina restaurant. You can't see it, but there are fisherman cleaning a bunch of tuna about 10 feet away from us. All the kids at the reception were much more interested in that than som
Dancing with my mom at the reception.
Dancing with my mom at the reception.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Cool pics phil, looks like it was an interesting wedding. How many can say they were married on the Cap'n Clam???
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

phil

Post by phil »

JerryFish wrote:Cool pics phil, looks like it was an interesting wedding. How many can say they were married on the Cap'n Clam???
I'm pretty sure just the two of us. :)

phil

JonBarton

Post by JonBarton »

Phil you're killing me man...Has your wife forgiven you for not picking a boat with a better name?...

Jackie and I took our honeymoon at Duck.(Oct. '95). Great house, (30 feet from high tide). She was in the house sleeping, and I stole away to the local bait shop, for a little bait, tackle and intel on what's biting, and how to catch it...

Two guys working there. I'm the only customer. after a lot of fish talk, the guy says..this your first trip out here? I said, yeah I'm on my honeymoon. The guy looks at me funny, and say's increduously, "She's letting you fish on your honeymoon?"
I said, yeah, I married well....
The other Guy about swallows his chaw, and gives me a big grin (visibly missing a tooth)....with local Currituck drawl......"SHE GOT A SISTER?"

phil

Post by phil »

JonBarton wrote:Phil you're killing me man...Has your wife forgiven you for not picking a boat with a better name?...
Ah, Jon, you are making the assumption that it was my idea!

My wife is from Hatteras Island. Whole family is from down there. She originally wanted the wedding on the "Miss Hatteras", but it was unavailable, so she had to go with the Cap'n Clam.

Here's another little story about the wedding day:
I stayed at the house of a friend of my wife's the night before the wedding. (of course my wife didn't stay there - bad luck seeing her in the moring and all) So I got up the next morning and my wife's friend left to go help my wife get dressed. I was there all alone and didn't have a car. I ended up having to walk about a mile to my own wedding. You don't see many people walking the streets of Hatteras in a suite, either. :wink:

phil

phil

Post by phil »

JonBarton wrote: Jackie and I took our honeymoon at Duck.(Oct. '95). Great house, (30 feet from high tide).
Duck is really nice. 30 feet from high tide.. I bet that house is not standing anymore. In the past 10-15 years, I've seen entire rows of oceanside houses get eaten by the sea during hurricanes.

phil

Jennifer Boesch Stanley

Post by Jennifer Boesch Stanley »

Phil, love the wedding pic. I also got married on a boat, of course it wasn't the cap n clam. It was on Lake Ponchartrain on the Tchefuncte Queen, also just celebrated 10 year anniversary. Congrats.

JonBarton

Post by JonBarton »

Yep, bad assumption on my part. That's hilarious that you had to walk to your own wedding, albiet I bet it didn't seem so on the day. Maybe it was a test, orchestrated to test your resolve! Hey, at least the boat didn't leave with out you! :D