Spanish Club Field Trip

What did you look like 20 years ago? What do you look like now?

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Connie

Spanish Club Field Trip

Post by Connie »

Anyone remember the Spanish Club Field Trip to N.O. to see Flaminco dancers and eat at Poncho's? Man I thought that restaurant was so cool at the time. Boy have I been re-educated in regards to Mexican food since I moved to Texas. (Are you with me Robin and Jennifer?) My mother-in-law makes the world's BEST tamales! I'd bring you all some but she only makes them when the weather is cold or at Christmas, whichever comes first.

Someone help me out - from left to right:
Pat H., Rebecca Gardener, Marie Beau, Me, ???Really nice girl, whose name escapes me, Laurie R. and Teri M.
Attachments
Spanish Club.jpg
Connie (Doolin) Castillo

shane

Post by shane »

Sandra Duffau, I'm fairly certain. Yes, to my recollection, really nice.

Shane
Shane
--
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
- Noel Coward

Connie

Post by Connie »

Good one Shane! I knew is started with an 'S'! :D
Connie (Doolin) Castillo

phil

Post by phil »

Yep. Barely remember that trip. See my recollection of that day I posted a while back.

http://chs86.nichel.net/viewtopic.php?t=8
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Connie,

Show her John's pictures from yesterday. Tell here it's gotta be cold somewhere.
Last edited by JerryFish on Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

Robin

Re: Spanish Club Field Trip

Post by Robin »

Connie wrote:Anyone remember the Spanish Club Field Trip to N.O. to see Flaminco dancers and eat at Poncho's? Man I thought that restaurant was so cool at the time. Boy have I been re-educated in regards to Mexican food since I moved to Texas. (Are you with me Robin and Jennifer?) My mother-in-law makes the world's BEST tamales! I'd bring you all some but she only makes them when the weather is cold or at Christmas, whichever comes first.

Someone help me out - from left to right:
Pat H., Rebecca Gardener, Marie Beau, Me, ???Really nice girl, whose name escapes me, Laurie R. and Teri M.
I'm with you Connie. Just like I missed gumbo and etoufees when I moved from LA, Mexican food is a "can't do without"!! You'll probably laugh, but we go every week when we can to Taqueria Arandas (I know they're all over the city). The food is sometimes inconsistent, but they have an emulsified jalapeno salsa that is Burn Your A-- addictive!!! We love to go and sweat out all the toxins on a weekend morning. During the week we find enchiladas or chile rellenos elsewhere.

Hey, Ang, that reminds me of the seafood enchiladas that you introduced me to in that strip in Mandeville. YUM!

And, yes, that's Sandra Duffau. Is she on the missing list?

Angie

Post by Angie »

Seafood enchiladas, Rob? Mandeville? I don't remember that.....I DO remember Primo's....we would go there with Sedtal...the burritos were HUGE! I am DYING for Mex food here in England.....there is absolutely NO Mex restaurant in the area that I am aware of.
Angela Eddy Feemster

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

Country....... :cry:
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

illenbergerj

Post by illenbergerj »

There are a couple bad Mexican restaurants here, but if we drive up to Mainz (about 30 min away) there is one which is pretty good. The owner is from Texas. I always get Mexican food when I come back to the states...that and salad bars...ahhhhh.

Robin

Post by Robin »

Angie wrote:Seafood enchiladas, Rob? Mandeville? I don't remember that.....I DO remember Primo's....we would go there with Sedtal...the burritos were HUGE! I am DYING for Mex food here in England.....there is absolutely NO Mex restaurant in the area that I am aware of.
PRIMO'S - that was it! Seafood enchiladas covered in a yummy cream sauce. We only went a couple of times, the enchiladas were expensive for HS kids at almost $6! So, Sedtal introduced you to that place?

Angie

Post by Angie »

Yeah - he introduced Andrea and I to it.....we met him there a couple of times...he knew Primo.
Angela Eddy Feemster

Robin

Post by Robin »

You remember the time you "cat sat" for Sedtal? :lol:

Angie

Post by Angie »

me? I cat sat for Sedtal?
Angela Eddy Feemster

Robin

Post by Robin »

OK, I'm thinking you were a ditchy and you're just not remembering that either!

Angie

Post by Angie »

nope - never ditched. Are you kidding....I never skipped school EXCEPT one day, Robin, you "encouraged" me to go for a ride in my car with the top down. I felt so bad! I didn't even skip classes in college until about my 4th year.
Angela Eddy Feemster