Robby Jackson

Locating our missing classmates

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

shane

Robby Jackson

Post by shane »

Anyone from the Covington Elementary to William Pitcher years remember Robby Jackson? I ran into him last night at a function we attended in Covington. He's an artist and builds musical instruments these days. He left Wm Pitcher in '81 and ended up at St Paul's. Met his wife and moved to Indiana back in the early 90s, then moved back here a few years ago. His wife is the office manager at the St Tammany Art Association in Covington and is an artist as well. They're both involved in lots of community programs around town as well.

Let me tell you, it was a shock to run into him. I haven't seen him since '81. I shook his hand when we first "met" (our wives know each other); he's heavier now, with a beard and thinning hair (aren't' we all?). At the end of the function, his wife came over and said her husband thought he knew me. I turned, looked at him face to face and she said his name was "Rob Jackson" and I knew who he was immediately.

Also ran into Greg Longino last night. The function was at Tchefuncta CC and we had a good laugh about the last time we'd seen each other... which was at TCC in October. Melissa kept going on and on about how rowdy and fun-loving the group we were honoring last night were, but Greg and I said they had nothing on us; she reluctantly agreed.
Shane
--
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
- Noel Coward

phil

Post by phil »

yup. I remember him.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

Julie Mathies

Post by Julie Mathies »

I also remember Robby -- more from Covington Elementary & Middle Schools days. How cool that you ran into him.