I remember....

Life at C.H.S.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Angie

I remember....

Post by Angie »

lots of broken hearts....tears in the bathroom.....breakups...getting back together...secret crushes....notes slid through locker vents...notes being intercepted by teachers (I hated that!)....eating only french fries for lunch (because we could if we wanted to!).....learning how to type with the lights off in Ms. Dunn's class....my stomach growling in the quietest possible classes....using that fake tanning lotion QT and my skin turning orange.....Coach Bodie (or "The Body" we used to call him - secretly of course).....listening to Dave Fortman play "Eruption" on his electric guitar.....sneaking out at night at Joelle's.....hanging out at Wendy's where Kay Kay Patterson (or someone?) and I were "threatened" an arrest by a police officer for "loitering, littering and disturbing the peace" (everyone else bolted and as if we would do anything THAT horrible!)....hanging out at the Lakefront, Scenic, sneaking to the French Quarter without my parents knowing....my new car breaking down along the way with Robin and Andrea and being "rescued" by a few ambulance drivers who went to the Quarter with us...we had fun hanging out with them and then my car miraculously got us home, but not without someone (I won't mention who) getting sick out my window while on the causeway at 2am going 50 MPH.....we had a blow up doll in the car with us I think....a "gift" for a friend of Robin's.....bringing back memories Rob? How about that Duran Duran concert....we ROCKED! I had some really REALLY cool Duran Duran pins on my denim jacket......
Angela Eddy Feemster

Maarten

Post by Maarten »

If I'm not mistaken: weren't you driving a VW Golf cabrio?
Maarten

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Maarten wrote:If I'm not mistaken: weren't you driving a VW Golf cabrio?
A white one?
"This Basil. This Basil's wife. This smack on head."
-- Basil Fawlty

jnichel
Site Admin

Re: I remember....

Post by jnichel »

Angie wrote:listening to Dave Fortman play "Eruption" on his electric guitar
Dave and John Lacli went out to California to seek their musical fortune, and Dave ended up playing with Ugly Kid Joe on their albums.
-- Basil Fawlty

melindam

Post by melindam »

I thought Angie's car was red.

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

melindam wrote:I thought Angie's car was red.
Quite possible. Rag top?
-- Basil Fawlty

Angie

Post by Angie »

It was a red VW Cabriolet...they used to be called Rabbits....it broke down alot....it is living in Hawaii now.....yeah, Dave Fortman produced the Evanescence album that won every award under the sun about 2 yrs ago. He owns a music production studio in Mandeville now and working with some big names.
Angela Eddy Feemster

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

Angie wrote:It was a red VW Cabriolet...they used to be called Rabbits....it broke down alot....it is living in Hawaii now.....yeah, Dave Fortman produced the Evanescence album that won every award under the sun about 2 yrs ago. He owns a music production studio in Mandeville now and working with some big names.
Wow, I didn't know that. Good for Dave. Looking back 20 years ago, I remember my mother giving me speech after speech about how people like Dave and John were not going to amount to anything. I got into drums towards the end of our Senior year, and spent alot of time with John learning how to play the things; worked as a 'rodie' for SX at a few of their gigs. I think my mother was just jealous. :lol:
-- Basil Fawlty

phil

Post by phil »

Yeah, I just saw Dave last year. I think he's actually back in L.A. again. He was in Ugly Kid Joe for a while, then when that fell apart, he started producing. In addition to the super-ginormous Evanescence album, he's done a bunch of other bands including Mudvayne, Super Joint Ritual, 12 Stones, Charlotte Church and more. Crazy stuff.

check out his website...
http://www.balanceonline.com
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

phil

Post by phil »

jnichel wrote: worked as a 'rodie' for SX at a few of their gigs. I think my mother was just jealous. :lol:
those were good times. I worked the sound board for SX for most of thier gigs. w00t! Gibson Street Bar!!
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

phil

Angie

Post by Angie »

I saw them play at Mariners in Hammond one night....around '89/90?
Angela Eddy Feemster

Angie

Post by Angie »

nice site...I remember he would have everyone over to his house and we would all cram into his tiny bedroom and he would turn the lights out and play Eruption so loud......King's Forest Subdivision must have heard it!
Angela Eddy Feemster

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

phil wrote:
jnichel wrote: worked as a 'rodie' for SX at quite a few of their gigs. I think my mother was just jealous. :lol:
those were good times. I worked the sound board for SX for most of thier gigs. w00t! Gibson Street Bar!!
Gibson Street. Oh man, I almost forgot about that place. I remember going to see SX play there one night, and my dad asking me where I was going. When I told him, he said he may drop in because he was going to hit the Hog's Breath right around the corner. My dad was a country music fan...old country music mind you. He walked in there, SX was playing either a Zeppelin or a Rush tune, turned around, walked out, and knocked on the big window to get me to come outside. "Is that the kind of music you kids listen to these days?" :lol:
-- Basil Fawlty

jnichel
Site Admin

Post by jnichel »

phil wrote:Yeah, I just saw Dave last year. I think he's actually back in L.A. again. He was in Ugly Kid Joe for a while, then when that fell apart, he started producing. In addition to the super-ginormous Evanescence album, he's done a bunch of other bands including Mudvayne, Super Joint Ritual, 12 Stones, Charlotte Church and more. Crazy stuff.

check out his website...
http://www.balanceonline.com
Wow, Dave looks way different these days.
-- Basil Fawlty

Angie

Post by Angie »

Sean - what have you been up to for 20 years? Have not seen any updates from you yet.
Angela Eddy Feemster