1986 Yearbook

Life at C.H.S.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Al Lehman

1986 Yearbook

Post by Al Lehman »

I'm hoping that somebody can help me out with this...

During my senior year my family had moved away back to Pennsylvania. I ended up coming back down to go to school, and I lived with David Hebert and his dad, Mr. Hebert, who had been the principle of Abita.

I paid for my yearbook but moved away before they were issued. David claimed years later that he had it, but as I only saw him once in the past 20 years and that being at a bar, he didn't have it handy.

My question is can anyone bring a yearbook to the reunion? I'd like to at least show my wife some stuff from my high school years. It seems like such a distance for her as she was born/raised in PA. And on top of I don't have any pictures or anything left over from my time there (long, long story).

So if anybody could bring a yearbook that my wife and I can page through, that would be great!

The only thing I remember is that somebody told me that there was a picture of me receiving a football award, with my name, but it was Richard Taubin who was accepting it for me, as I had to move back to PA before my football banquet. Interesting...I'd like to see that.

Thank guys!

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Post by Brenda Robinson Jenkins »

Hey Al! Glad to see you found the site. Remember going to Abita with you too. I saw you had registerd and was going to send you and email but just hadn't gotten around to it - story of my life nowadays! I wanted to email and ask you what happened to you but I think you have already answered that question. I will try my best to remember to bring the yearbook - my memory isn't what it used to be! Think kids had something to do with that!!

If you go on this same forum "In the High School Halls" you will see a subcategory marked yearbook and that has our high school senior photos in it. They also have another category marked 1985 yearbook from junior year that has our class pcitures from that year. I know it doesn't have the particular photo you are looking for but it is a start.

Do you know whatever happened to Charlie Hano? Hadn't heard anything about him in 20 years or more.
Brenda

Al Lehman

Hey Brenda!

Post by Al Lehman »

Thanks for the thoughts...I've been wanting to post on here forever, but life usually gets in the way. I didn't see the thing on the yearbook, so I'll look.

As far as Charlie Hano, I actually received an email from him and spoke to him about a month ago. He's attending the reunion as far as I know. In a funny coincidence, he and I are both Loan Officers in the mortgage industry. He also forwarded my info to Keith Taubin, whom I'm sure you remember as well. He's still in Abita and will be there, too.

Good to hear from you!

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

I used to run into Keith at Francos Health Club in the 1990's - sounds so long ago but seems like yesterday! Hadn't seen him since them which is surprising since he is local. Heard his brother Richard and a partner bought the Friend's Restaurant in Madisonville. Is Keith coming to reunion?

Where is Charlie living now?
Brenda

madonnatoneygiacona

Post by madonnatoneygiacona »

Al - I remember you! Gosh its been awhile! I look forward to seeing you at the reunion.

Brenda/Al

Do you'll remember Richard Joiner? If I am not mistaken, he was 1 year ahead of us in Abita. Anyhoo - he just recently died.

Madonna

Al Lehman

Post by Al Lehman »

I'm sorry to hear about Richard, I remember him. Looking forward to seeing you there Madonna!

shane

Post by shane »

Brenda Robinson Jenkins wrote:I used to run into Keith at Francos Health Club in the 1990's - sounds so long ago but seems like yesterday! Hadn't seen him since them which is surprising since he is local. Heard his brother Richard and a partner bought the Friend's Restaurant in Madisonville. Is Keith coming to reunion?

Where is Charlie living now?
Charlie's in Baton Rouge. Keith told me he wouldn't miss the reunion for anything.

Shane

JerryFish

Post by JerryFish »

I'll try and scan the picture you're talking about. Give me some time, though.
Jerry Cottrell

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

Will Rogers

shane

Re: 1986 Yearbook

Post by shane »

Al Lehman wrote:I'm hoping that somebody can help me out with this...

During my senior year my family had moved away back to Pennsylvania. I ended up coming back down to go to school, and I lived with David Hebert and his dad, Mr. Hebert, who had been the principle of Abita.

I paid for my yearbook but moved away before they were issued. David claimed years later that he had it, but as I only saw him once in the past 20 years and that being at a bar, he didn't have it handy.

My question is can anyone bring a yearbook to the reunion? I'd like to at least show my wife some stuff from my high school years. It seems like such a distance for her as she was born/raised in PA. And on top of I don't have any pictures or anything left over from my time there (long, long story).

So if anybody could bring a yearbook that my wife and I can page through, that would be great!

The only thing I remember is that somebody told me that there was a picture of me receiving a football award, with my name, but it was Richard Taubin who was accepting it for me, as I had to move back to PA before my football banquet. Interesting...I'd like to see that.

Thank guys!
Here you go, Al. I'll be sure to have my 86 yearbook at the reunion as well, just in case.

Shane
Attachments
img575.jpg

Al Lehman

Post by Al Lehman »

That's funny, thanks! I was told it said me...I'm glad they had the right photo credit.

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Yes - I remember Richard Joiner - sorry to hear that he passed.

Shane - any word on your end from Charlie?
Brenda

sheri

Post by sheri »

I spoke to Keith Taubin also, about 3 weeks ago at Bot & Nola's. He sounded pretty sure that Charlie would be there. Keith is living back in Abita. Do you remember Chris "Bean" Binnings? He's the one partnered with Richard Taubin at the new Friends restaurant.

Brenda Robinson Jenkins

Yes - I do remember him. I heard about that from my neighbor. Good deal - I hope they are successful. Great location.

Did Keith ever marry, kids, etc?
Brenda